Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
MikeBing

Drives: 2010 CGM/IO 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
dont know what he did but i ordered the SLP loud mouth, which cuts out the muffler. 400 bucks. I went to a shop they could do it for 200 or so, but it would have been aluminum instead of stainless.
Unfortunately that comes out to $600. I spent only $150, and you can get stainless or aluminum, you'd just have to talk with the shop you're getting it done at. Although, your car will still technically have mufflers, so you wouldn't get in trouble for that.
MikeBing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #16
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Great vid man....really nice!!

Love the ending too...you should use that for all your videos from now on!

I've had so many comments on the sound of my car since I did this...all positive! The popping sound on mine has slowed some and even sounds deeper now than when first done (been about a month or longer now)...didn't sound like yours?

Also...I have stainless pipes, all mandrel bent (MagnaFlow) and paid $125 for mine installed!

Well worth it!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #17
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
sounds great!!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #18
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
sweet!! nice video! and i'm pleased to hear alter bridge as well...huge fan here. used to help run a fan site, www.alterbridgeband.net/forums , but don't have the time anymore.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #19
MikeBing

Drives: 2010 CGM/IO 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
Great vid man....really nice!!

Love the ending too...you should use that for all your videos from now on!

I've had so many comments on the sound of my car since I did this...all positive! The popping sound on mine has slowed some and even sounds deeper now than when first done (been about a month or longer now)...didn't sound like yours?

Also...I have stainless pipes, all mandrel bent (MagnaFlow) and paid $125 for mine installed!

Well worth it!
Haha yeah, I may have to do that. I just threw it in there as a spur of the moment type thing cause I liked the sound. Our popping probably sounds the same, I just don't have a super high quality camera to perfectly capture the sounds unfortunately. I was just using a little handheld camera, not a real video camera.

[QUOTE]sweet!! nice video! and i'm pleased to hear alter bridge as well...huge fan here. used to help run a fan site, www.alterbridgeband.net/forums , but don't have the time anymore./QUOTE]

yeah man, I love me some alter bridge. A friend of mine introduced me to them about a year ago and I love their sound. That's awesome that you helped run that site, I'll have to check it out.
MikeBing is offline   Reply With Quote