Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
BIG Cooler for 6l80e Install

Just installed my new auxiliary cooler on my Built 6l80e with 1
LONG TRU-COOL Max part # OC-4739-1 Best seller on ebay from matco dist. extreme duty cooler 22in wide,8in hi,1in thick with all the parts..brackets,bolts to complete the mounting.Bolt's to the core support up top and bend the brackets for the botton and it sit's nicely on the crashbar,and lays back about a 25-30 degree angle,I used extreme velcro to attach the bottom bracket to the crashbar,works perfect,But you can drill holes in the crashbar and use the 1/4 self tappers to bolt it down if you choose so,Kit comes with barb fitting and rubber hose,But I went with all black -6an fittings and braided hose,And 2 -6 weld bungs that I tig welded to the factory mounting block ,By the way I ran the new lines away from all the heat etc,etc.The new route is on the driverside away from all the heat through the inner fenderwell used about 2- 8'1/2" feet pieces 2 90's @ the cooler and 2-45's @ the tranny,My Tranny struggles to get to 150,I'm telling you folks it's a very efficient unit..... runs about $140.00 For any that wants to do this upgrade to make your tranny live a longer life,I've got a few of these factory connection blocks made up and ready if you'd like to do this quality upgrade,here"s a few pics sorry for about the poor clarity,And as you can see this cooler is right behind the grill for direct airflow ,Just thought I'd share..In the first pic you can see how I cut the factory lines off flush to set the bungs up nice and level to tig up.....Your fluid will run cool and those clutch's will do there job!
Attached Images

TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq

Last edited by LSX-80MM; 12-21-2011 at 01:53 PM.
LSX-80MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Well damn that could be used for an intercooler as big as it is. Im sure it works great.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Man I ain't even bullshiting this thing cools cruising at 80mph 155 max,beat on it and it'll clinb to 180 ,but soon as you stop beating right back to 150-155,and cap the tank off on the radiator,Cooling solo from the cooler,45,000GVW And 40,000 BTU.It's a MAN Cuz!Just want people that need one to know of it's ability!
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq
Old 12-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
tsears

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99 - CGM
Nice. I've got the B&M Hi-Tek. Works well too.. Go Big or go home I guess!! LOL. Did you get your tune figured out? I loaded a tune that Jimmy gave me, works pretty well. Better than my Century tune matter of fact. The only thing is it's not locking up in 5th or 6th and when I want to give it a little gas it's REAL sluggy.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX-80MM View Post
Just installed my new auxiliary cooler on my Built 6l80e with 1
LONG TRU-COOL Max part # OC-4739-1 Best seller on ebay from matco dist. extreme duty cooler 22in wide,8in hi,1in thick with all the complete parts..brackets,bolts to complete the mounting,Bolt's to the core support up top and bend the brackets for the botton and it sit's nicely on the crashbar,and lays back nicely at about a 25-30 degree angle,I used extreme velcro to attach the bottom bracket to the crashbar,works perfect,But you can drill holes in the crashbar and use the 1/4 self tappers to bolt it down on your car,Kit comes with barb fitting and rubber hose,But I went with all black -6an fittings and braided hose,and 2 -6 weld bungs that I tig welded to the factory mounting block on the leftside of the tranny,By the way Icut all the factory lines out and and ran the new lines away from all the heat..That from the factory is under the tranny,by the headers etc,etc,,The new route is on the driverside away from all the heat through the inner fenderwell used about 2- 81/2 feet pieces 2 90's @ the cooler and 2-45's @ the tranny,My Tranny struggles to get to 150,I'm telling you folks it's a very efficient unit runs about $140.00,For any that wants to do this upgrade to make your tranny live a longer life,I'm got a few of these factory connection blocks made up and readyif you'd like to do this quality upgrade,here"s a few pics,oh by the way this cooler is right behind the grill for direct airflow ,Just thought I'd share..In the first pic you can see how I cut the factory lines almost flush to set the bungs up nice and level to tig up.....Your fluid will run cool and those clutch's will do there job!
Nice. It fits perfect above the crash bar.

I had to relocate the Derale cooler from in front of the radiator above the crash bar to under the car because of the intercooler and the fact that the cooler has a fan.

I also had -6 AN fittings welded to the factory tranny block to run Black SS braided lines. But, I ran them first to the radiator then out to the cooler then back to the tranny. The machine shop guy that did the welding had to weld to the line though because all he had was SS fittings. He said the block is aluminum but the lines are SS. He could not weld SS o aluminum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsears View Post
Nice. I've got the B&M Hi-Tek. Works well too.. Go Big or go home I guess!! LOL. Did you get your tune figured out? I loaded a tune that Jimmy gave me, works pretty well. Better than my Century tune matter of fact. The only thing is it's not locking up in 5th or 6th and when I want to give it a little gas it's REAL sluggy.
I think that tune does not allow TC lockup. But, you can change it to lockup. I would think that it not being locked would make it more better around town since the rpm's are higher so you are in the power band. At least it was for me.

Adjust it to your style of driving. It took me months to get it perfect on the truck. Now when I am on the freeway and want to accelerate to pass I just give it a little gas and it unlocks. Brings the rpm's up and away I go. Before I would have to step on the gas a lot for it to downshift which would also unlock the TC then it would pass.

Off to the shop I go.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsears View Post
Still working on tune,Will share when we get it like we want it,Wanta send ya something that you can make yours better I hope
Old 12-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
Nice. It fits perfect above the crash bar.

I had to relocate the Derale cooler from in front of the radiator above the crash bar to under the car because of the intercooler and the fact that the cooler has a fan.

I also had -6 AN fittings welded to the factory tranny block to run Black SS braided lines. But, I ran them first to the radiator then out to the cooler then back to the tranny. The machine shop guy that did the welding had to weld to the line though because all he had was SS fittings. He said the block is aluminum but the lines are SS. He could not weld SS o aluminum.

I think that tune does not allow TC lockup. But, you can change it to lockup. I would think that it not being locked would make it more better around town since the rpm's are higher so you are in the power band. At least it was for me.

Adjust it to your style of driving. It took me months to get it perfect on the truck. Now when I am on the freeway and want to accelerate to pass I just give it a little gas and it unlocks. Brings the rpm's up and away I go. Before I would have to step on the gas a lot for it to downshift which would also unlock the TC then it would pass.

Off to the shop I go.
J your right on