Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #141
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yowza!

Car ain't bad either...haha
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #142
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yowza!

Car ain't bad either...haha

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #143
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
No "Stock" baseline... but here's the comparison going from the cat-back, to the headers, to the tune:

2011 LS3 w K&N, Magnaflow Comp Cat Back:
395.26 rwhp
383.38 torque

W/ SW 1 7/8" LT Headers NO tune:
415.7 -r
408.58-t

Completed, WITH tune:
427.99 -RWHP
416.15 -TORQUE
Not too shabby, especially at 95 degrees and 90% humidity!

Need to come up with another 22 HP and I'll be happy!
Attached Images

Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 AM   #144
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
so whats the mile count on it now? im sitting at 3475 :(
Old 08-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #145
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angella View Post
so whats the mile count on it now? im sitting at 3475 :(
Just under 6k... where u been????? Never heard from you while you were down here?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #146
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Moving right along... ABL

Originally wanted to do this from the minute I got my car, but kept putting it off or whatever reason. I finally took the plunge.

First off- I got the majority of what I needed from Ofer- great guy!

(2) Light tubes-

(3) LED's-

(1) harness

Total- $135

I also bought a trim removal tool from Auto Zone ($10) and 1/4" plastic tubing from Home Depot and 1/4" weahter stripping- $5

Following the DIY's in this forum, disassembly was a snap! I started the mod with the Drivers side (the worst of the 2)- I had a lot of issues with getting hte placement correct- there's a big gap between the trim and the dash- just no getting around it. tried everything, sanded the trin, sanded the back side of the tube, etc... it's there. You either deal with the gap, or scrap the project.

Passenger side was marginally easier. Only real issue was gettin git even across. You'll notice in the pix that the LED's light up 10X's brighter than the tube... I put matte scotch tape and scuffed the tube with sandpaper trying to dim it- still can't overcome that one.

I also extended the door ABL all the way up- which entailed removing the door panel and sanding the trim in front of the ABL. I actually broke the light tube in the door, really sucks, but with a little TLC, I got it back together, and unless you know what your looking for, it's un noticeable.

Overall, it's a cool effect, not sure I'm 100% sold on it, cuz' it just doesn't look "factory"... I'm very meticulous about my car, so that bothers me... But it is a cool effect. Some of the full-dark pix I did last night look very similar to the concept car. The final pix from today aren't great because of the lighting and the camera freaking out without a flash...
There's some "unlit" pix to show the tube during the day- please note these are the absolute WORST angles I could capture (intentionally) to illustrate a "worst case scenerio"...

Final few are the completed project...but enough typing, here's the pix:

(Last 2 were added recently after re-doing the driver side and adding the sport bar)
Attached Images

Last edited by Drago77; 10-16-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #147
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Your light tube on the drivers side appears waaaay too high. Dremel down the back if you need (don't break the connectors, though). And take a micro screwdriver and push that tube down in there. It also looks like it may be a tad bit too long. You might need to cut it some. Also, use some electrical tape on the end if you need. That will help to prevent the light from coming out of the edge.

Weather stripping on the passenger side. DO EET!

Old 09-04-2011, 12:43 AM   #148
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

the pix are progressive, the final driver side is significantly better than the original. Still a gap, but liveable. Ofer sent me weatherstripping pieces, but the FL heat melted the adhesive... I ended up buying more and that really set the pass side nicely, even though the center still falls as the clips pull in, even with ample spacers.

Ofersuggested a light tint on the ends, that may work- as long as it doesn't change the hue... compared to the original pix, that's a very minor issue to contend with!

Can't believe I snapped a tube in the door, those things are brittle! Luckily it went together fairly well, so its not too much of an issue, lol!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:40 AM   #149
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
the pix are progressive, the final driver side is significantly better than the original. Still a gap, but liveable. Ofer sent me weatherstripping pieces, but the FL heat melted the adhesive... I ended up buying more and that really set the pass side nicely, even though the center still falls as the clips pull in, even with ample spacers.

Ofersuggested a light tint on the ends, that may work- as long as it doesn't change the hue... compared to the original pix, that's a very minor issue to contend with!

Can't believe I snapped a tube in the door, those things are brittle! Luckily it went together fairly well, so its not too much of an issue, lol!
You can pick up some weather stripping from Home Depot. Did you ever see the little video I put together on how to do it? It's in the ABL section. I can link it if you'd like. But, I have video and pulled apart the passenger side dash showing how it was done.

You could also try a permanent marker on the ends. Black them out so no light comes through.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #150
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Doug-

Tried the Sharpe on the end- thank God I had extra tubing from Ofer, that came out badly. I saw the video and DID use the solid weather stripping, worked wonders. I had to use 3M tape though, the stripping wouldn't adhere. Took it out today in the daylight today, I'm a perfectionist, so I was really unhappy ay first, but it looked exponentially better today than I thought. I'm sure ill tinker some more with it, but it really does look good!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #151
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Old 09-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #152
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

just...can't...stop...

I swear this crap's addicting...

Working something with a vendor/forum sponsor... really hoping it comes through...

in the meantime-

A little "Never Dull" and some elbow grease, followed by Turtle Wax Polish compound and viola'!

(tower brace... for those wondering what you're looking at...)

I guess the images don;t quite do it justice.. it was a DULL grey before... seeing the change dropped my jaw!
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #153
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

lighting...

Fairly self explanitory...

A few sets of blue LED's... realatively cheap mod, but made a nice impact!
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #154
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Sport Bar...

Revolutions SUper Sport reached out to me and offered a pretty good deal on the DT Sport Bar. I always liked the look, but was a little skeptical about the price. So when they made me an offer, I had to jump.

Install was fairly straight forward for the most part. A little confusing as to which bracket mounts to which side, but other than that simple. I had a HUGE issue getting the bar to fit in the mounts... without force, it lined up about a full 1" off center of the whole (too wide.) After some manuevering, I was able to get it on, but still the passenger side isn't completely flush with the trim pannels, it sits up in the front about 1/8"... I'm a stickler- it bugs me.

The whole bar angle is slightly too high in the front, and conversly too low in the rear- you can feel it pushing the trim pieces down in the back ever so slightly. Not a huge issue, just saying.

Clearance is close, but clear everywhere except on the rear outer edge of the bar, about 6" up from the trim, there I noticed the inside of the top does make contact with the bar on both sides... that worries me.

Otherwise, good to go! Directions coulda been a little more clear as to bracket direction (and even bar direction wasn't known until mid way through) Involved cutting a hole into the trim pieces which I wasn;t too fond of- but I guess there's no other way regardless as well as cutting some of the inner plastic -again, not a fan of removing parts of the vehicle...

Bar holds in place with small allen wrench bolts and a lot of force... I doubt it's going anywhere!

So here it is:

(Oh yeah- the logo's were my own touch courtesy of GM Partshouse)
Attached Images

Last edited by Drago77; 10-19-2011 at 03:16 PM.