Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #15
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
well i've had gum stuck to the windows, puke on the door handle, spit on the doors, windows and just about every where else. This is what happens in big cities, bunch of lowlife scum.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #16
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWood-SS View Post
well i've had gum stuck to the windows, puke on the door handle, spit on the doors, windows and just about every where else. This is what happens in big cities, bunch of lowlife scum.
Actually I don't live in Boston any more. My cars never got vandalized in Boston, even my '70. Anyway, I'm in a suburb called Canton. Quiet place even right now. Birds chirping, no cars driving by, slow and lazy summer day. It just so happens an asshole lives around here...
Old 06-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #17
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Better move to a house (with garage) in the 'burbs. You definitely have a problem that won't fix itself where you are. Sorry to hear it. I hate vandals.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #18
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
TAKE that Yankees bumper sticker off .
Old 06-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #19
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Actually I don't live in Boston any more. My cars never got vandalized in Boston, even my '70. Anyway, I'm in a suburb called Canton. Quiet place even right now. Birds chirping, no cars driving by, slow and lazy summer day. It just so happens an asshole lives around here...
That's a predominately white upper middle class town. Maybe the twirps are from the other side of rt. 128.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #20
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Sorry this happened to you. Keying your car is either personal or just where you park. Can you change your parking space?

I live in an urban twin tower high-rise building complex with about 200 underground garage parking spaces that cost additional to basic rent. There is a waiting list to pay extra for underground secured parking and I have two parking spaces which is unheard of. You would think that tenants paying additional $100s monthly to park their auto (s) in underground secured assigned spaces would be respectful of the autos. I learned that even paying extra for secured underground parking that can not be accessed without a key fob does not mean people will not mess with your auto.

Back in 2006 had my 1998 Riviera parked in one spot during winters (never driven winters). It collected dust during winters. People walking towards the elevators walked by the Riv. Each winter, as dust collected on the Riviera, people started writing in the dust wash me. I got pissed, arranged to have both my Camaro and Riv moved to adjoining parking spots at the back of the underground parking, most isolated place in the garage. Since I moved both my autos to a more isolated space (s) years later no one has touched my autos, tenants never walk past my autos because they are now parked out of view.

All I can suggest is you arrange to move your auto to a less noticeable parking space.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #21
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
I pay $150 extra a month at my apartment complex to garage my car...worth every penny.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #22
Krajkerjac

Drives: 2011 SS
I agree. Sell it and buy a POS. That'll solve it.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #23
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Cheap wifi camera and dvr .... won't stop it, but might help you catch it if there is a next time.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #24
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
I pay $150 extra a month at my apartment complex to garage my car...worth every penny.
OP says he does not have a garage nearby.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:21 PM   #25
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krajkerjac View Post
I agree. Sell it and buy a POS. That'll solve it.

for this reason, and many others I do not go to Walmart.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #26
MrFrost

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 - "Mabel"
Sorry to hear about that man, I worry about that kind of stuff everyday when I drive my car to work (nurse who parks in big parking lot). I try not to park around certain types of cars, one that are beat to hell and lots of dings and scratches. I figure they don't care about their car, probably really wont care if they scratch and bump mine. And at home, I have a garage that has covered parking in front of it and some times I leave it under just the covered parking esp. when I may be in and out of car multiple times, and there are a lot of people who walk up and down my street. No problems yet, but I always fear that day someone decides to throw a rock or walk up and
scratch it just for the fun of it.
I think camera in your window facing car, if you have view of it from your place, might help. Security cam setups are pretty reasonable these days ( tiger direct sells multi cam set ups that are really reasonable, thinking about it for my home system) At least you may find out who the dick is who is doing it.
good luck!!
MrFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #27
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Sorry about your Camaro, People just suck ass, there is no solution, except if you have a view of your car from your residence Security Cameras are good , My house kept getting egged and I got the lil bastard red handed right on tape (smsCard),that or move out to the country if your job permits .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #28
swiftdog01

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS
Bummer. Can you rig a camera from your balcony?

Mine's heading to the body shop as well. Rally stripes are peeling. GM won't cover it under warranty so I'm removing the OEM stripes and getting painted stripes. Also, some jackwad backed into my front bumper and flexed it. Gotta get that fixed too. Factory Collision is getting way too much of my money :(
swiftdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote