Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
Angry Dealer uses My sold order to stock Showroom

Thanks to all the good people here on the forum, and behind the scenes. This matter has been resolved to my satisfaction. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!

Well, The good news is my Car came in to an SF Bay Area Dealership. The rest of the news is all BAD!

I ordered my car on October 18th, and placed a deposit on a 1SS. I had an agreement for MSRP on the sold order. I knew going in that I would have to wait to get my Camaro. I always supported Chevrolet, and this would have been my 10th ( 7 previous Camaros and 2 Z06 Corvettes). Fast forward to today, when I arrived at the dealership to check out my 1SS, I was told that " I know that we agreed upon MSRP, but we are not making enough profit on this HOT car. The owner wants an additional $3000 for your car." I knew that they had sold their V-6 showroom car for 5K over...So the store wants my baby to bring them the big money.
This is from one of the Dealers listed here on the forum that they will honor MSRP. I know that I am pretty much screwed, and basically could not get my car for the agreed upon price. So, I left without being able to do anything but let people know what has happened. I have until friday to see if they will do the ethical thing and honor the original price, but I am not holding my breath.
What really bites is that the only reason why they have a car to sell is because the Dealership used MY name for a sold Pre-order to get the car through production. I don't blame the salesman, he has been great, and I will give them until tomorrow before I call GM Customer service, and maybe the local news station to show just how well this dealership values their word.

Last edited by Saving41; 05-24-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: ISSUE RESOLVED
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Curb stomp all of them. Ok that could get me in trouble.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Another crappy dealer
Old 05-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
thats just shaddy business.
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
total BS dont pay that, i know its not blackmail legally, but to me just under being illegal. I would say hey give me the car that we agreed upon at the that price. At this point i wouldnt throw them a bone now, but before this I would be willing to let them keep it in their showroom for a few days to a week to show people(not test drive or sit in) then they scratch my back by throwing in an oil change or something. But if they didnt sell it at MSRP I would tell them your going to let people know, I would smear their name all over, news station news paper etc.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Saving41

Yes, the funny thing is that I went to this dealership because I was told that the Dealer always honors their agreements, and that the Owners family has been in business fior a long time, and would not want to ruin their good reputation with shoddy business practices.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
The last ethical person in the SF Bay Area was Dirty Harry and you.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
Saving41

I wonder if GM really cares about the scams the dealers are running now. I doubt that I will get any satisfaction from customer service.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #10
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Who's the dealer?

I'd like to know, because I recently ordered from a dealer here in the SF Bay Area. If it's the same dealer, I'll cancel and order elsewhere.

Also, if I were you, and I had the deal in writing, I'd file a complaint in small claims court. Ask for the difference between MSRP and whatever they can sell the car for now.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
Saving41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
The last ethical person in the SF Bay Area was Dirty Harry and you.

Ha Ha,

I guess a good S&W Model 29 would help me negotiate a little more effectively!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #12
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving41 View Post
Yes, the funny thing is that I went to this dealership because I was told that the Dealer always honors their agreements, and that the Owners family has been in business fior a long time, and would not want to ruin their good reputation with shoddy business practices.

Get a big sign and stand on the sidewalk by the dealership all day tomorrow!
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #13
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving41 View Post
Well, The good news is my Car came in to an SF Bay Area Dealership. The rest of the news is all BAD!

I ordered my car on October 18th, and placed a deposit on a 1SS. I had an agreement for MSRP on the sold order. I knew going in that I would have to wait to get my Camaro. I always supported Chevrolet, and this would have been my 10th ( 7 previous Camaros and 2 Z06 Corvettes). Fast forward to today, when I arrived at the dealership to check out my 1SS, I was told that " I know that we agreed upon MSRP, but we are not making enough profit on this HOT car. The owner wants an additional $3000 for your car." I knew that they had sold their V-6 showroom car for 5K over...So the store wants my baby to bring them the big money.
This is from one of the Dealers listed here on the forum that they will honor MSRP. I know that I am pretty much screwed, and basically could not get my car for the agreed upon price. So, I left without being able to do anything but let people know what has happened. I have until friday to see if they will do the ethical thing and honor the original price, but I am not holding my breath.
What really bites is that the only reason why they have a car to sell is because the Dealership used MY name for a sold Pre-order to get the car through production. I don't blame the salesman, he has been great, and I will give them until tomorrow before I call GM Customer service, and maybe the local news station to show just how well this dealership values their word.

Did you get it in writing that they would honor MSRP? If not then you are screwed. If you got it in writing then you can take them to court over it (at which point I assume they would just give it to you for MSRP instead of going through that).

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Man this sucks... F@($ THEM!