Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #85
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Let me guess, your wife must be saying " no, no ladies you can't have him, he's all mine." (sarcasm)

Sorry had to......... lmao
Get 'im, Bonnie!

I'm so happy to see my "colleagues" chiming in.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #86
DarkObsession

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/LS3
My wife was completely supportive of me ordering my new Camaro. I even talked about it with her a lot before we pulled the trigger, making sure she was ok with it. Her response?

"Your current car is getting old, we need something newer and we can afford it. Go get it!"

I'm sure I bore her to death talking about car stuff (as I'm obviously an enthusiast) but she puts up with it. Best. Wife. Ever.
DarkObsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #87
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Just so we are clear this thread was not started by me to offend anyone, it was simply meant to be a place to share stories of women being annoyed with the Camaro obsessions we have.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #88
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Any of you guys ever read that big thick 1000 page book called "everything men know
About women?". When you open the book, all of the pages are empty
Old 02-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #89
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Any of you guys ever read that big thick 1000 page book called "everything men know
About women?". When you open the book, all of the pages are empty
Yeah, I've read it a couple of times.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #90
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Mine actually likes the car.. Doesn't care for all the car talk because she's just not in to that, but she doesn't have issues with the car..

She did once state that I'd probably sleep with it, were it possible.

I try to remind her of who sleeps in my bed and who stays in the garage.. (but, I've on occasion threaten to take the hose to the gf.)
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #91
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw24 View Post
Just so we are clear this thread was not started by me to offend anyone, it was simply meant to be a place to share stories of women being annoyed with the Camaro obsessions we have.
I have no idea why anyone would ever consider that offensive.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #92
runner66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
I must say I do feel bad for you guys. Let me tell you how my wife is the best thing in my life. We went looking for cars I liked the camaro and she liked the ml350 Benz. So we went back and fourth on this. She finally said I will get the camaro but it's going to be mine I said fine but I want you to get the 2ss she said ok but I want sliver not the yellow that you like. I was like ok if there is one thing in life that I have learnd is you have to give a little to get a little. So after 2 weeks of her driving it she walks in the house with a bag in her hands and says here you go i open the bag up it cleaning products with the camaro keys in the bag. She tells me the camaro is not for here and I would enjoy it more then she would. Best wife ever
runner66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #93
WildSis2SS
2010 Camaro 2SS Red Jewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Red Jewel
Well, I would like to say that I'M the one that wanted the camaro and bought myself a 2SS red jewel. I already upgraded the exhaust and will be putting more goodies on it. I'm the one that wants to spend the money, but my husband doesn't want me to send too much money.
He has a 69 camaro that does need some updating, so hopefully he will be getting his on the road again soon! I know with me having a new camaro that he longs for his 69. My husband had 2 1969 camaros when we started dating 30 years ago. We just celebrated our 25 years of marriage on 2/15 so were doing something right!
Some of you guys sound like there are other problems going on and not just with the car. You just need the right women!!!

Last edited by WildSis2SS; 02-23-2011 at 08:08 AM.
WildSis2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #94
Sneeks20
Account Suspended

Drives: your woman wild...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw24 View Post
So, my girlfriend is getting out of control with her comments about my Camaro addiction. Recently she said, "You spend more on the car than me!" What's your horror story??
Mine said "get over your car, you love it more than me"

It gets annoying
Sneeks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #95
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
walked into the dealer told him what i want .2ssrs auto with stripes and rims .he said he could get it for me .he asked how i was going to pay for the car or if i had a trade in i said no i will pay 41k cash .my wife looked at him and then me and said i dont even have money to go do my nails.so on the way home i took her to get her nails done and all was well.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #96
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSis2SS View Post
Some of you guys sound like there are other problems going on and not just with the car. You just need the right women!!!
QFT
Old 02-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #97
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSis2SS View Post
[...]
I got fed up and traded my woman for a man a long time ago.

It's nothing but Camaro envy. He bitches about the car too. At least he puts out.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #98
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Let me guess, your wife must be saying " no, no ladies you can't have him, he's all mine." (sarcasm)

Sorry had to......... lmao
I said it was my dad's rule...not mine. I will happily delete the post if it offended anyone. I don't want to hurt feelings on a great forum like this. Was meant as a joke.

And unfortunately, yes, she is very overprotective of me. Hate it. And she hates my cars, makes negative comments about them all the time. Part of the reason I have not ordered my Camaro. I have dreampt of this car for years...and she will NOT be allowed to drive it, so I will have a barrage of negative comments until I sell it or relent.

To give you an idea WHY she cannot drive anything I have: She drove THROUGH a snowblower...in the garage...on the opposite side of which she parks, and destroyed an SUV in a Wal Mart parking lot - on a bright yellow pole with a CROSS WALK sign on it. Most people would see that. Those are just two examples.