Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Buying spare parts

Just like to revisit this question in a centralized thread, because pieces of comments are scattered:

With regards to the Z/28 restricted parts only, are there any parts an owner should buy that are most prone to unavailability as factory made parts ten or more years from now?

This is not a question of which part wears the fastest, or the part most prone to damage that will need to be replaced, etc. But from people with more historical knowledge than I about such things, just a narrow question: are certain Z/28 restricted parts more likely to disappear from factory parts inventory before others?
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
Just like to revisit this question in a centralized thread, because pieces of comments are scattered:

With regards to the Z/28 restricted parts only, are there any parts an owner should buy that are most prone to unavailability as factory made parts ten or more years from now?

This is not a question of which part wears the fastest, or the part most prone to damage that will need to be replaced, etc. But from people with more historical knowledge than I about such things, just a narrow question: are certain Z/28 restricted parts more likely to disappear from factory parts inventory before others?
Mike,

I am by no means an expert, but from experience a few moons ago with the GMC Syclone (1991, 2,995 built) the body pieces or trim were the hardest pieces to find. Most of the other items were shared in one shape or form....but the lower panels, bumpers covers and "fender flares" were very difficult to find. Now that may have changed since I last looked 8+ years ago.....

Matt