Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-21-2009, 12:40 AM   #1737
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossrs2150 View Post
painted engine cover abm
AWESOME!! Some read CHEVROLET decals from the sticker witch would look great on those!

I thought of doing that, but painting the gray part ABM and the part you have ABM the same color as my stripes.

Looks good BabyJ!

in regards to the Carbon fiber door panels, I like Indpowrs (DSV Customs) overlays!! I want them in blue! as soon as they figure out how to keep the Ambient lighting working..

Welsome to the Blue Crew DerbyChamp06!!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #1738
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossrs2150 View Post
painted engine cover abm
where did you get all the chrome ss caps and stuff?!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #1739
NightmareSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ View Post
What do you guys think of my bowties? I messed up on the front one a little bit :( I will leave it for now, because it was really hard with how curved it is, and I will just frustrate myself, lol. Going in for her tint and hopefully stripes tomorrow!

PS please excuse the dust and dead bugs! She will get those washed off in the AM
looks good! i want to put some carbon fiber on my car and if i do the interior inserts, the badges sound like a good idea...sounds like a pain in the ass to do though...cant even tell where you added the lil extras...it looks like 1 solid piece...impressive
Old 07-21-2009, 02:33 AM   #1740
NightmareSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
AWESOME!! Some read CHEVROLET decals from the sticker witch would look great on those!

I thought of doing that, but painting the gray part ABM and the part you have ABM the same color as my stripes.

Looks good BabyJ!

in regards to the Carbon fiber door panels, I like Indpowrs (DSV Customs) overlays!! I want them in blue! as soon as they figure out how to keep the Ambient lighting working..

Welsome to the Blue Crew DerbyChamp06!!
i like the dvs shit too but its prolly outta my budget...after all this lil shit im saving for tags exhaust system from stainless...man i just love the way his car sounds...and a cai aswell...get the money together for next spring and have it all ready for the nice weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Time to officially announce myself as an ABMer!!!.....

Been on the fence with VR for while, but over weekend, after driving the Avis SIM Camaro-to verify I would really like the car (and I did, of course), and seriously pondering the 2 final choices....ABM was winning....This photo just sealed the deal....Added an ABM mountain blue-bird just for kicks!

well its about time! you better not change ur mind on us!

my car left for jersey last night at 11pm...hopefully it doesnt sit in the rail yard for long...but i dont think it will cuz over there in industrial new jersey there is a lot of shit going on and they are constanly moving...shit dont sit around there! im feeling a thurday delivery! CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT?!?! I CAN!!!!!!! :party0048::party0038::party0048:
Old 07-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #1741
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ View Post
First I measured the bow ties, then cut out rectangle pieces of the vinyl. I stuck the rectangles onto the bow tie, and used a credit card to smooth it out over the gold part. Then I used an exacto knife to cut off the excess
Sweet... that's kind of what I was thinking, but I was worried about cutting/scratching the actual bowtie itself by accident... did you have any problems with that? Or is there a little groove in between the "edges" to make it easy to follow? I can't go look cuz my car is still in the shop :( boooooooo...

Also do you have any fear that the vinyl will come off? Or does it seem pretty good?

I'm really considering ordering some of this... I like it a lot! I just have to decide on the color now, haha... Your silver one looks darker than the silver picture on that website... I didn't think I was gonna like it, but yours definitely looks much better than the pic! My ideal color would be like Indpowr's door panels... On the website, the "gray carbon fiber" looks close... I was considering the black, but it just doesn't look right in the pic for some reason... ahhhh I dunno!

Anyway, thanks for the info! It really looks awesome
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #1742
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
o yea guys...check this out...they finally got the 2010 up there...im considering doing this but im not sure if i wanna stick this stuff on brand new interior...but the carbon fiber would look sick as hell! i thought off the blue/black carbon fiber but the blue seems a lil too royal blue and prolly wouldnt look right with abm...cant go wrong with regular old carbon fiber but being i got the grey leather the silver carbon fiber is sounding pretty good... http://www.carid.com/product.php?pro...t=89299&page=1
real carbon fiber for less then $200?? that would be awesome The silver CF (texalium) would be nice with a black interior, but how does it stay on? sticker?
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #1743
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Dustin, have had Ridergraphix vinyl on my bow ties and the front are rear blackouts for about 3 weeks now. Immediately after getting them on, went through a 45 minute rain/ hail lightning storm down I-476 of the Pa turnpike. So far no adverse affects. As far as the metal, put the blue scotch tape on first and then overlay the vinyl and try BabyJ's technique. Shouldn't scratch if you try that way
Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #1744
FutureOwner

Drives: Order 2010 2LT ABM
Help

Okay so today is the day I go to the dealership to order my baby!! I decided that I am def going with the 2LT/RS manual ABM. I was thinking about adding the ground effects and going with black rally stripes to match, but I have not seen it besides on the website and i dont think the site gives it justice. Can anyone help me out and find pictures of this. I would greatly appreciate it
FutureOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #1745
NightmareSS

oooooooooo my goodness! its freaking here in new jersey but my dealer is off today! it got to the csx doremus ramp in the newark area at 1:10pm but i cant track it anymore so here's to hoping that bitch gets put right on a truck and gets to the dealer today or tomorrow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
real carbon fiber for less then $200?? that would be awesome The silver CF (texalium) would be nice with a black interior, but how does it stay on? sticker?
yea it sticks on...i 4got off hand the guy on the site from upstate new york that told me he'd help me out if i wanted...he's installed 3 already...he has the red/black carbon fiber on his skye and it looks sick! ill look for it and post it lata...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureOwner View Post
Okay so today is the day I go to the dealership to order my baby!! I decided that I am def going with the 2LT/RS manual ABM. I was thinking about adding the ground effects and going with black rally stripes to match, but I have not seen it besides on the website and i dont think the site gives it justice. Can anyone help me out and find pictures of this. I would greatly appreciate it
there is pictures somewhere in here with black stripes with no gfx but not both =/

Last edited by NightmareSS; 07-21-2009 at 04:15 PM.
NightmareSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #1746
NightmareSS

found it...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...Fiber+Dash+Kit
Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #1747
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
AWESOME NIGHTMARE!!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #1748
bluecamaroguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Everyone so far has liked the color. I'm getting a couple of thumbs up and smiles and a decent amount of head turns!

I love this color and have no regrets.
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #1749
NightmareSS

word thx!!!!! tomorrow is gonna be a long ass day waiting for that txt message...i told my dealer i dont want a call i want a txt message of a picture of my car...i just cant believe in finally happening...its almost like i still dont believe it...but meh, when i go to pick it up its gonna be like a dream come true...just sucks if it comes thursday cuz its raining but wuteva, not that big of a deal...well im off to bed nice and early tonight
Old 07-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #1750
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
does anyone have any pics of a 2SS RS ABM w/ silver ice rally stripe package?
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!