Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 07-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #29
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Final fantasy 7
Chrono trigger (needs a sequel I don't count cross)
Madden series
Zone of the Enders 2
Uncharted series
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #30
HorsePower-Freak

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS M6
Fav series:

1. Diablo
2. Halo
3. Call of Duty
4. Battlefield
5. Metal Gear
HorsePower-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #31
dolt45
Glorious Ignoramus

Drives: SS 45th
Fallout 3 ("Vegas" somehow missed the mark)
Skyrim
Borderlands
Gears of War
Team Fortress 2 (Even though I almost never found good teams)

*This absolutley sux. No room for Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare, Thief, the original Deus Ex, Knights of the Old Republic, Portal... arghhh!

Top 5 Series? That's easier.
Oblivion
Fallout
Gears of War (this series has consumed an insane amount of my life)
Call of Duty
Halflife

Disclaimer: I really have no idea WTF I'm talking about.
dolt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #32
Maverickhpr

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2LT RS
Final Fantasy 7
Skyrim
Sonic the Hedgehog genesis series
Borderlands
Gran Turismo 5 I drove a green Camaro before my ps3 died
Old 07-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #33
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
1. Everquest. (the original one, up to Shadows of Luclin was a BLAST)
2. World of Warcraft. (Up to WOTLK, after that the game got WAY too watered down)
3. Call of Duty (specifically MW3 and Black ops)
4. The Legend of Zelda (The original Gold Cartridge: OMG WE CAN SAVE GAMES?!!?!!?)
5. Final Fantasy VII (pure epicness, why aren't the new FF games this fun?!?!)

I LOVE MMORPG's Everquest was like a dream come true when I first played it. You actualy felt like you were in another world. At the time, I had never experienced something so completely immersive. The community was pretty awesome too. You had to really take care to play the "politics" game and not get a bad rep if you wanted to get in with other good players. There were no random dungeon finders, amazing loot was EXTREMELY rare. You actually felt a sense of accomplishment when you made an achievement in that game. It was the hardest of the hardcore MMORPG's and there will never be another one like it. Thankfully, I was young and had next to zero responsibilities when I was able to play it. There's no way I could muster that level of dedication in a game nowadays.

World of Warcraft was a nice transition away from Everquest, The graphics were cartoony but at the time, very nice to look at. Even today I think certain zones in that game are amazing to look at graphically. The gameplay was somewhat challenging in vanilla before the developers started handing out free epics to EVERYONE who paid a subscription fee. However, I think that's what has kept the game alive for so long. You can jump in and be ready to raid or PVP again within a few days/weeks of playing, even after taking a LONG break. Something that is next to impossible in EQ.

Call of Duty series......... I never played a shooter until I was in my 30's Let me tell you. MW2 and Black OPS blew my freaking mind. Fast paced action, superb graphics, the sound effects, plus I could play online with my friends??@!?!?! Sign me up! Started out with a .35 KDR in MW2, a .65 KDR in Ops, and somehow started with a .65 in MW3... after a good year and a half of SUCKING at these games, I finally learned how to strafe shoot, burst fire, and play the maps with a bit of strategy. I played at over a 2.5 KDR for 3 months and raised my MW3 KDR from a .65 to a 1.10, and for a while ranked in the top 20,000 players for Kill Confirmed score. Not super amazing stats, but what a good time. Had to take the summer off because I prefer to spend time with my kids and Camaro rather than gaming, but I left off at 7th prestige and come september I plan to grind to 15th and get in gear for Black Ops2. Hopefully I won't start off with such an ABYSMAL KDR and can post up some legitimate numbers.

Legend of Zelda: Man, I was 8 years old when this game came out. A friend of mine at school had gotten it, and a group of 6 of us went STRAIGHT to his house after school to play it. I was so excited that I had forgotten to call my parents when I arrived at my friend's house. After several hours the Las Vegas Police department showed up looking for me. My mom was super paranoid and thougt that I had been kidnapped. (lol mom wtf) The game was worth the shaming from the officers and having to get walked home by them hahaha.

Final Fantasy VII: Best non multiplayer RPG ever. Really fun combat system, the world in that game felt SO BIG, and the story was incredible. The soundtrack..... epic. If the FF games were still like this, I'd be all over them.

There's a slew of other games that I've loved over the years. (Tekken, Gran Turismo series, NFS series, MADDEN. NHL hockey...I could go on and on and on.

Kids from the late 80's early 90's grew up playing video games together. We didn't sit and watch TV. We played outside plenty, but we loved our nintendos, segas, and playstations. Not to go all nostalgic, but I live clear across the country from most of my childhood friends. I love that I can jump on XBL and play games, talk smack and have a good time from the comfort of home.

Now they all just need to get Camaros and we will be all set

Last edited by TSSUNAMI; 07-30-2012 at 02:02 PM.
TSSUNAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #34
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
007 GoldenEye (N64)
Tecmo Superbowl (Regular Nintento)
Call Of Duty (PS3)
GTA Libert City (PS2)
NHL 99 (Super NES)

In no particular order.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #35
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
In terms of Time played and enjoyed.
Total Annihilation - Best RTS of ALL TIME
Lunar - Both SSC and EB were fantastic games cant even choose between
Final Fantasy VII - So good
Call of Duty United Offensive - Best Shooter, series flopped at COD2 for me. Game has been trashy release after trashy release since. Dead silence perk in MW completely ruined what little gameplay was left.
Mechwarrior 4 - Even though I never got a chance to play MW3 and 2 which are way better, I had an absolute blast playing MW4 and Mercs. Forced First Person all the way.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #36
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Madden 12
Fight night 3
Fight night 4
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #37
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Only 5? This is kind of hard...

Megaman X
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Spiderman 2
Command & Conquer 3
Guitar Hero 3
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #38
swdsman

Drives: Chevy Silverado
1) WWIIOL
2) Oblivion
3) Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
4) MechWarrior
5) IL-2 Sturmovik
Old 08-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #39
swdsman

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
In terms of Time played and enjoyed.
Total Annihilation - Best RTS of ALL TIME
Lunar - Both SSC and EB were fantastic games cant even choose between
Final Fantasy VII - So good
Call of Duty United Offensive - Best Shooter, series flopped at COD2 for me. Game has been trashy release after trashy release since. Dead silence perk in MW completely ruined what little gameplay was left.
Mechwarrior 4 - Even though I never got a chance to play MW3 and 2 which are way better, I had an absolute blast playing MW4 and Mercs. Forced First Person all the way.
Total Annihilation is SICK. Same with Earth 2150. Need to find new copies of both. Movers packed some stuff bad last time I moved...
Old 08-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #40
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Dark Age of Camelot
any Battlefield
Halo (the whole series)
Legend of Zelda
Devil May Cry
Old 01-08-2022, 11:37 PM   #41
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Thread back from the dead, but I'm not complaining.

Currently is:

Final Fantasy XIV
Warframe
RimWorld
Path Of Exile
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:14 AM   #42
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
My top 5 of all time:
1. Super Metroid (Snes)
2. Zelda: Ocarina of time (N64)
3. Bonk's Revenge (Tg-16)
4. Lords of Thunder (Turbo Duo)
5. Killer Instinct (Arcade)
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote