Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #15
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
I have taken mine to the dealer several times for different issues.

Every time they tell me they are waiting for GM to redesign the front spoiler. I am going to have to take it to my body shop because I have been waiting for ~4 months now.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
AZ2SSRS

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
According to my dealer, GM did redesign the front spoiler piece. My 2SS/RS did not come with GFX. My dealer had two new GFX kits in stock, so I had one set painted and installed. I only did this after being assured that the new design remained on the car much better. My GFX were installed the week of August 17. Unfortunately, your dealer is not knowledgeable or not telling you the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I have taken mine to the dealer several times for different issues.

Every time they tell me they are waiting for GM to redesign the front spoiler. I am going to have to take it to my body shop because I have been waiting for ~4 months now.
AZ2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #17
Brown5150
#17,149

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
My front spoiler has also pulled away.(In 3 places). The dealership has had the car since 9/28. I went to it pick up on 10/2. And the front spoiler was pulling away in the middle of the spoiler.
The dealership has no clue on what the problem is.
I need HELP!!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #18
AZ2SSRS

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
During early installs, my dealer noticed this center gap in the front spoiler as well. What they then did was install the center first and then work to the sides. I believe the installation instructions have the sides installed first, but this apparently leaves a gap. Tell your dealer to work from the middle out and install the side brackets at the end of the process, not the beginning. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown5150 View Post
My front spoiler has also pulled away.(In 3 places). The dealership has had the car since 9/28. I went to it pick up on 10/2. And the front spoiler was pulling away in the middle of the spoiler.
The dealership has no clue on what the problem is.
I need HELP!!!!
AZ2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
Camaro X

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Front spoiler really loose!

As I was driving on I-75 yesterday I heard a thump, thump, thump, thump …………Quickly diagnosing in my mind; is it the pavement? tire? I don’t think so. I changed lanes, slowed down, and it stopped. I sped up again and it started. This time I noticed the hood vibrating violently. I slowed and looked for a good place to pull over. I pulled over and before I could get out a woman in an SUV pulled over in front of me. She said she was glad I stopped; she saw something hanging on the front of my car and wasn’t sure how to get my attention. I saw the center of the front spoiler was a couple of inches away from the car. I thanked her for her concern and told her what it was and she went on her way. The spoiler pulled away due to the air flow and was hitting the pavement! I got back in the car and tried to figure out what to do. It was 3 miles to the next exit and then I could take local roads back home. I wondered how fast I could go without a problem. Wait! I have a bungee cord in the trunk. As luck would have it, it scraped the road enough to create a convenient hole to place the bungee hook and the 15” bungee was the perfect length to hook behind the front grill. Bad way to start the weekend. I made it back home without the need to wait for On Star to send a tow truck. I’ll contact my dealer Monday and see what happens. With the spoiler still on, there doesn’t appear to be any other damage.

Camaro X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #20
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
mine is just as loose....

the dealership wont fix it, I have taken it in 4 times! I took it in again 2 days ago.

they just say.... we will wait for a service bulliten...

also, the rear Gfx is starting to come loose too!!!!

GFX, the $2200 headache
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #21
J Webb

Drives: 2010 2ss iom
My guess is if they had read the instructions and pulled the bumpers to install the rivets provided this would not have happened. I was in a hurry only allowing 3 hours to put the kit on and didn't read the instructions fully untill later that nite when I saw a small gap between the bumper and front gfx piece. Once I finished reading the instructions fully I now understand why this is happening to people. Needless to say I pulled the front bumper and installed 6 rivets across the front vs the 4 given. Amazing fitment with no gaps. If my piece comes off it will take the whole bumper with it. You can still pull the bumper and drill the rivets incase you scratch it and need a repaint. Good luck!
J Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #22
Camaro X

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Across the front? The best I can tell without tearing it apart is that there are 8 plastic rivits along the back with two bolts in the back towards the center and the two bolts (one on each side) in front of the tires. The only thing holding it on toward the front is the adhesive.

It sure looks like they installed it without removing the front facia. I found a previous post from CamaroScotty that says there should be 16 rivits. I guess I need to watch them take this one off and then watch them put the new one on when they get it.
Camaro X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #23
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro X View Post
Across the front? The best I can tell without tearing it apart is that there are 8 plastic rivits along the back with two bolts in the back towards the center and the two bolts (one on each side) in front of the tires. The only thing holding it on toward the front is the adhesive.

It sure looks like they installed it without removing the front facia. I found a previous post from CamaroScotty that says there should be 16 rivits. I guess I need to watch them take this one off and then watch them put the new one on when they get it.
I don't know what dealer installed the ground effects package on your car. I have done 2 myself and know there should have been atleast 4 aluminium rivets holding the front part of the cladding to the front fascia. I would take it back to them and make sure they READ the instructions and install (replace) it correctly.

EDIT: Also there are 16 rivets on the front cladding. There are 8 plastic ones along the bottom/rear edge, 4 aluminum (2 on each side) holding the side brackets on, and then the 4 aluminum ones holding the front part of cladding to the fascia.

Last edited by thiggin2; 10-12-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Adding to comment
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #24
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
OK, this is interesting. I was looking at Camaro X's first picture and it dawned on me that my front GFX piece is mounted differently. Or it's made differently. Camaro X's looks like it was mounted under the existing lower body panel; mine looks like it was installed in front of that panel, and it partially wraps it. I also have a slight gap between the GFX and the panel right at the point, which makes me think that the dealer bent the GFX to make it fit that way.

Does that make sense? Anyone else have it mounted that way?
Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #25
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Mine looks like it's installed under also. When I was installing the front Pdaft sway bar, I noticed ALL the plastic screws / bolts were loose! I tightened them all up - gently. I haven't seen any issues, but my Baby only has about 1650 miles on her...(and they're painted to match)
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #26
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grey View Post
OK, this is interesting. I was looking at Camaro X's first picture and it dawned on me that my front GFX piece is mounted differently. Or it's made differently. Camaro X's looks like it was mounted under the existing lower body panel; mine looks like it was installed in front of that panel, and it partially wraps it. I also have a slight gap between the GFX and the panel right at the point, which makes me think that the dealer bent the GFX to make it fit that way.

Does that make sense? Anyone else have it mounted that way?
Here are a couple of pictures.
Attached Images

Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #27
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
It looks like it is mounted in the right spot, but the center looks like it is higher then the fascia. The proper mounting is just below the radius of the fascia at center then it will have a gradual downward slant out to the sides.

Also if you "paint to match" the ground effect its suppose to void the warranty of the ground effects. GM only supports the factory grey color. (09-08-51-002)

Last edited by thiggin2; 10-13-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Add to comment
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #28
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:

that gap in the center...looked like your dealer worked from the sides to the center/middle so they ended up with a "slack" in the center that they dried to massage.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote