Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-28-2021, 01:50 PM   #15
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Global warming hysteria - which is 90% religious speculation and 10% actual science (in terms of proven anthropogenic affects on climate)

Oil and gas will remain the energy backbone for a long time, probably forever, even though naïve idiots in the current admin like to believe otherwise - all wishful thinking. I'm all for clean energy such as hydrogen but I'm also a realist
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:30 PM   #16
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
When you have a stooge from the new administration ADMIT that if the USA was 0% emission today, the rest of the world would still account for 90%.

This is another stupid idea from the greenies.

And talk to me when you have to swap batteries and the cost on that, or you live up in the north, where batteries do not do well.

Just plain IDIOTIC.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:40 PM   #17
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moundman16 View Post
I wonder how they are going to get around all the plastics they use. It takes a lot of fossil fuels to make plastic.
When you read:

"...a broader plan to become carbon neutral by 2040."

"...company plans to use 100% renewable energy to power its U.S. facilities by 2030 and global facilities by 2035."

You really have to use your air-quote hands and not so much a literal, hard quote.

*air-quote*carbon neutral*air-quote* (so, in a less-broad sense and more specific-sense with fine print)
*air-quote*100% renewable energy*air-quote* (so, they will use it in their facilities, but not necessarily be the primary means)

This is a bit more telling:

"For General Motors, our most significant carbon impact comes from tailpipe emissions of the vehicles that we sell — in our case, it’s 75 percent. That is why it is so important that we accelerate toward a future in which every vehicle we sell is a zero-emissions vehicle.”
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:08 PM   #18
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
When you read:

"...a broader plan to become carbon neutral by 2040."

"...company plans to use 100% renewable energy to power its U.S. facilities by 2030 and global facilities by 2035."

You really have to use your air-quote hands and not so much a literal, hard quote.

*air-quote*carbon neutral*air-quote* (so, in a less-broad sense and more specific-sense with fine print)
*air-quote*100% renewable energy*air-quote* (so, they will use it in their facilities, but not necessarily be the primary means)

This is a bit more telling:

"For General Motors, our most significant carbon impact comes from tailpipe emissions of the vehicles that we sell — in our case, it’s 75 percent. That is why it is so important that we accelerate toward a future in which every vehicle we sell is a zero-emissions vehicle.”
Passing the buck from them to the power plants.

It’s still all BS.

CO2 is simply not the devil it’s made out to be.

All this is like sleazy roofing contractor cold visiting your home & telling you that you need your shingles redone, then lies about why, then does the job for 5x’s more than it should cost.

The first part is a lie & the rest of it is just more fleecing.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:37 PM   #19
Camaro#7

Drives: 2021 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE, A10
Let's also not forget the Lithium batteries are a serious hazard to the environment as they have no idea how to dispose of them once they are used up. Google that and see what they are doing with them. Not to mention the mining it will take to produce enough for an all electric fleet. Wind and Solar are a joke. They need natural gas to help them smooth out their power to even make it usable in a mass quantity. I am all for lowering our energy cost and footprint, but how ugly is a wind farm? And by the way it needs oil to keep those little blades spinning along with oil in their little electric cars.
Camaro#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:10 PM   #20
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro#7 View Post
Let's also not forget the Lithium batteries are a serious hazard to the environment as they have no idea how to dispose of them once they are used up. Google that and see what they are doing with them. Not to mention the mining it will take to produce enough for an all electric fleet. Wind and Solar are a joke. They need natural gas to help them smooth out their power to even make it usable in a mass quantity. I am all for lowering our energy cost and footprint, but how ugly is a wind farm? And by the way it needs oil to keep those little blades spinning along with oil in their little electric cars.
Oil in electric cars? Tesla only recommends for you to clean and lubricate your brakes for winter driving. And that's all.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:15 PM   #21
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Oil in electric cars? Tesla only recommends for you to clean and lubricate your brakes for winter driving. And that's all.
So not even any grease in the steering components or hub bearings, steering shafts?
Old 01-28-2021, 06:07 PM   #22
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
It will all be ok.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2021, 06:08 PM   #23
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
There is fun for all to have.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:38 PM   #24
Bob54

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Convertible
I don't understand all of the hate for this. They are not saying this is a green initiative. At this point I think a good electric car will be faster and more reliable than a gasoline car. If they end up having to use oil or gas to generate the electricity so be it. Electric will give us more torque and better reliability.

I grew up in the 70's and when they improved emissions the cars lost all of their horsepower. That was tragic although clean air was important. Now we will be getting better performance and reliability.

My neighbor just bought a new Tesla Y. I have some envy until I put the roof down. However he is quite a bit faster than I am 0 to 60.

I would love an electric convertible Camaro that is faster than his SUV.
Bob54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:45 PM   #25
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Performance will sell electric cars to non electric people. If electric muscle cars are smoking gas burning muscle cars stoplight to stoplight people will just gravitate to the faster vehicle. That’s why the Challenger is so popular just because of the horsepower.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:47 PM   #26
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
So not even any grease in the steering components or hub bearings, steering shafts?
Apparently not. I mean it's not like they don't come from the factory with the components pre lubbed and not needing any lubrication. So there's that but after you buy one, you only need to do what I mentioned.

But, I'm not certain. That's something that'll need more research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
It will all be ok.
Tesla just released the Model S plaid+. $140k, under 9 sec 1/4 mile, 520+ range, under 2 second 0 to 60.....200 mph top speed.

Hell, it can go 1min 30sec around Laguna Seca.

Im all for electric vehicles but companies need to do it right and not do it because Tesla is making them.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:12 PM   #27
Pcormier66

Drives: 2019 ZLE
My ZL1 1LE just made Red Barchetta status. Rock on
Pcormier66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:43 PM   #28
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
It will all be ok.
Those bubble mobiles are butt-ugly.

My FiL has said many times “Who cares if a dump truck runs 9’s, it’s still a dump truck.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob54 View Post
I don't understand all of the hate for this. They are not saying this is a green initiative. At this point I think a good electric car will be faster and more reliable than a gasoline car. If they end up having to use oil or gas to generate the electricity so be it. Electric will give us more torque and better reliability.

I grew up in the 70's and when they improved emissions the cars lost all of their horsepower. That was tragic although clean air was important. Now we will be getting better performance and reliability.

My neighbor just bought a new Tesla Y. I have some envy until I put the roof down. However he is quite a bit faster than I am 0 to 60.

I would love an electric convertible Camaro that is faster than his SUV.
It’s not hate on the mode of propulsion.

It’s distaste pertaining to the method & deception at which the veracity for this is being levied.

If we had a an economic surplus & this was actually being driven by market demand with a pre-existing infrastructure then so be-it. The problem is it’s not. It’s everyone piling in a 70’ Buick 4-door land yacht with a JATO rocket strapped to the roof on a twisty canyon road & lighting it off.