Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Fuel Pressure Sensor

Hey y'all. Just got back from a 3,472 mile jaunt from GA to NY to Cape Cod and back. Along the way (in northern NC) my car suddenly seemed to lose power. I pulled onto the shoulder of I-77 and got my book out. Various warning lights (traction control, check engine, etc.) were on so I was quite concerned. I limped to an exit just ahead and stopped a a NAPA store to ask directions to a Chevy dealer. Got to the dealer a few miles away and they were great.

Turns out there is some sort of GM notice on Fuel Pressure Sensor programming failures. The tech checked and reprogrammed the ECM and I was back on the road in less than 2 hours (it was a busy dealership). Didn't have any more problems.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
cl1motor

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro
Thanks for the heads up
cl1motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Thanks for the info. Taking a 4k mile road trip for vacation soon, to Fort Myers Beach, FL and back so that's good to know!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Yeah - it was kind of cool actually. A message came up in the DIC window saying "Engine power reduced" or something like that.

One thing I failed to add was this: while at the NAPA store, with engine off, my better half was reading the manual. It said to check the fuel filler cap, so I did when I came out of the store. It had been several hundred miles since I'd stopped for fuel, but I took it off and reinstalled it anyway. That got rid of all the warning lights except the service engine one and the car ran better as I drove it to the Chevy place.

Just a little more info for ya. Safe travels!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Yeah - it was kind of cool actually. A message came up in the DIC window saying "Engine power reduced" or something like that.

One thing I failed to add was this: while at the NAPA store, with engine off, my better half was reading the manual. It said to check the fuel filler cap, so I did when I came out of the store. It had been several hundred miles since I'd stopped for fuel, but I took it off and reinstalled it anyway. That got rid of all the warning lights except the service engine one and the car ran better as I drove it to the Chevy place.

Just a little more info for ya. Safe travels!
+1 for the better half you will get a Cel if the gas cap isnt tighten all the way
Old 07-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
Thanks for the info. Taking a 4k mile road trip for vacation soon, to Fort Myers Beach, FL and back so that's good to know!!
LOVE Fort Myers Beach! My parents have a timeshare condo right on the water. Haven't been there in a few years -- really miss it!

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote