Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
This is what I call a great Service Department!

I’ve had several issues with both my Camaros over the past 2 years; some of the problem was the mechanic (words of the service Manager, not me) that no long works on my car. The new guy Mike that exclusively works on my car now is great.

Anyway with all the issues I continue to visit this Service department, the reason I do is the Service Manger, he is just great.

Here is what transpired today. I have a 2013, apparently there is a TSB for a creaky seat, and the fix is to fasten it down with some sort of hook. So the 1st visit the fix was determined and the part ordered. The 2nd visit they tried the fix and no luck the seat still creaked. So they called GM and GM said they now need to change the seat track/frame, so parts ordered. Brings us to today, 3rd trip to fix the seat as the parts are in!

About 11am I get a call from the SM that GM sent the wrong part. Crap!! Before we go any further I should mention this is the passenger seat and I’ve never really been happy with the overall look of it and mentioned that to the SM in the past. He was more then willing to swap the bottom seat cover out for me (even ordered it) but I decided against it as it was not terrible and with my luck the new one would look worse.

Back to today. When he called we both kind of chuckled as this seems to be my luck but the SM had a solution. His solution: Take a whole new seat out of a new 2013 SS that was in prefect condition and install in my car. At 1st I thought he was kidding but he wasn’t, he was calling to get my approval. I happily agreed and waited for the call to get my car. Anyway I just picked the car up, and I must say I am ecstatic; the new seat is perfect, primo!

I know people are quick to come here and bash dealers and SD but I am here to praise mine, actually the SM. He is one great guy! There are great dealers/SD out there and when you find one you need to value and appreciate them. Thanks Ian and Courtesy Chevy!

Last edited by nyrfan; 04-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Very good. Glad it worked out for you and I agree there are good service managers that actually care and go the extra step when needed. IIRC didn't you have a smell also? Have they resolved that?
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I have a dealer like that as well,I put headers on my V6 kept throwing CEL long story short the cat went bad and they warranted it,but unfortunately the bad ones do exist.My mom had to take her 2004 Saturn with only 25,000 miles on it for some AC thing and wanted to charge her $500.00 she got it fixed somewhere else for $128.00
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Very good. Glad it worked out for you and I agree there are good service managers that actually care and go the extra step when needed. IIRC didn't you have a smell also? Have they resolved that?
The smell was the main issue. I met with the GM representative and he did in fact smell something, although he did not find the smell out of the norm. He was very informative and went over A LOT of different things. In the end "we think" the smell is a combination of the car still breaking in and the Adams products I am using inside the car. Time will till but I left there feeling good and confident about the diagnosis.

On side note the GM rep said he loved my Corsa exhaust, said the car sounded great.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Glad it all worked out for you
Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I feel bad for the person that buys the Camaro that your old seat went in to.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS View Post
I feel bad for the person that buys the Camaro that your old seat went in to.
I'm sure they are not going to use my seat.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
the place I bring my eclipse is awesome too. I admit I'll miss going to him once the camaro arrives.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
They redid my rally stripes 3 times.
slomaro3.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
norton750

Drives: 2010 2LT sumit white
my dealer is also realy good. Dryden GM in Dryden Ontario Canada
norton750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
Silver-SS

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
I'm local, just wondering which dealer treated you so well?
Silver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #12
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-SS View Post
I'm local, just wondering which dealer treated you so well?
Courtesy Chevy at the airport, NOT the one on west colonial.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 04-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
SynergyGreenMachine

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton750 View Post
my dealer is also realy good. Dryden GM in Dryden Ontario Canada
I'll second that! Matt and the team go above and beyond as far as I'm concerned!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I’ve had several issues with both my Camaros over the past 2 years; some of the problem was the mechanic (words of the service Manager, not me) that no long works on my car. The new guy Mike that exclusively works on my car now is great.

Anyway with all the issues I continue to visit this Service department, the reason I do is the Service Manger, he is just great.

Here is what transpired today. I have a 2013, apparently there is a TSB for a creaky seat, and the fix is to fasten it down with some sort of hook. So the 1st visit the fix was determined and the part ordered. The 2nd visit they tried the fix and no luck the seat still creaked. So they called GM and GM said they now need to change the seat track/frame, so parts ordered. Brings us to today, 3rd trip to fix the seat as the parts are in!

About 11am I get a call from the SM that GM sent the wrong part. Crap!! Before we go any further I should mention this is the passenger seat and I’ve never really been happy with the overall look of it and mentioned that to the SM in the past. He was more then willing to swap the bottom seat cover out for me (even ordered it) but I decided against it as it was not terrible and with my luck the new one would look worse.

Back to today. When he called we both kind of chuckled as this seems to be my luck but the SM had a solution. His solution: Take a whole new seat out of a new 2013 SS that was in prefect condition and install in my car. At 1st I thought he was kidding but he wasn’t, he was calling to get my approval. I happily agreed and waited for the call to get my car. Anyway I just picked the car up, and I must say I am ecstatic; the new seat is perfect, primo!

I know people are quick to come here and bash dealers and SD but I am here to praise mine, actually the SM. He is one great guy! There are great dealers/SD out there and when you find one you need to value and appreciate them. Thanks Ian and Courtesy Chevy!
And I bet that we will have a rerun of this thing ( seat) , when someone else buy that new car with your seat on it .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote