Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
cl1motor

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro
about to tune my 2012 2LS with HP tuners

I have a 2012 2ls camaro with the 3.6L lfx engine. Currently the only modification I have is a muffler delete. I just purchased the credits and downloaded my stock tune into HP Tuners. This is my first time to tune a car with software. I'm used to tuning with things like a timing light and vacuum gauges on 2nd gen camaros. I've done lots of reading and now I'm ready to get started.

My plan is to start out with increasing the rpm overall, and then updating the transmission to shift more quickly. I have a couple of questions about increasing the max RPMs. Does anyone know when (if?) valve float kicks in on the lfx engine? Also, it appears that the tables for the TCM have both a MPH and an RPM for when to shift (i.e. first to second). Do those need to be kept in sync (I can do the math for mph from rpm) or do they serve different purposes?
cl1motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
You would be well served to join the HPTuners forum to get more feedback than on here IMO. They have a GM V6 section that you can post in. Sorry I can't answer your questions though on the LFX, but on the old LS1's & 4L60 trans they had to be kept pretty close in sync to shift right, I suspect the same on yours.

I frequent the HPT site but mostly in the GM V8 & GM 4 cyl forums.

Welcome to the steep part of the learning curve!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I believe my rev limiter has been reset to 7200 RPM and I've hit it many times without issue. Thing is, you're not going to get much more out of it going past 7K anyway, if you get anything at all.

Good luck!

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
cl1motor

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
Thing is, you're not going to get much more out of it going past 7K anyway, if you get anything at all.
Why is that? I thought the variable valve timing would keep the torque curve flat, meaning there would be more power the higher the RPMs.
cl1motor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecm, hp tuners, lfx, tcm