Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 10-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #71
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
That video was the stuff!! Thnx
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #72
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Very nice video Dennis. Thanks for filming.
We enjoyed the time yesterday meeting new friends. The BBQ was awesome, Couldn't believe all of the food. Thank You all.

The wife has a bunch of pictures and I have a few. I'll sort them out and post up what's good.

Thank again,

Chris

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #73
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Loved the video guys...looked like a lot of fun! Wish i lived closer. BTW.....was that Volcano still smoking in that pic?!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #74
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Loved the video guys...looked like a lot of fun! Wish i lived closer. BTW.....was that Volcano still smoking in that pic?!
No, just clouds at the summit.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #75
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
Had a great time with some great people. The drone footage was off the hook. Very nice!
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #76
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by owhite3003 View Post
Had a great time with some great people. The drone footage was off the hook. Very nice!
Your car was my favorite Camaro that wasn't mine great exhaust note too!
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #77
SR71

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Had a lot of fun on my first cruise since moving to the northwest! Thanks for a great cruise at an awesome destination!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #78
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
Cool video. Love the stabilized shots in the high winds up there.

The cruise was mostly fun. This is the first time that my exhaust has really screamed so loud. Very nice and it justified the high-flow cats that I installed a few weeks ago. The only annoying part was the hopped-up HP monsters who wanted to race down the canyon way too fast. I'm sorry, but my V6 doesn't have Brembo brakes and that descent was pretty hairy at 45. I think there were 3 V6s out of 60 cars there.

The BBQ was fantastic. Tons of good food. We just had to leave a little early for that 3 hour drive home. Thanks to John and Ginger!
You do what is most comfortable for you!
It is a challenge sometimes to get some people to understand a cruise is a....cruise. Some of the classics were ran through their paces as well. This is one of the biggest cruises we have had in the PNW, so it is a learning experience as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
We went into the restaurant to grab a bite, and when we came out, everyone was gone. We got left behind. Nobody said anything, and we were surprised we didn't hear or see anyone leaving.

We drove for about an hour or so, before agreeing to turn around, since we weren't even sure if we were on the right road, and there was no guarantee of a gas station at the end.

Got a nasty rock chip on my windshield and nothing to show for it. Oh well. It was nice to see you guys.
You weren't the only one, apparently. There was another left behind also.
A good learning experience for all of us. Next year, directions printed out and better communication.
Gary and I looked for you at the top and thought maybe you just decided only to go half way. We did have some leave from the observation post.
Very sorry about the windshield but was very glad to see you!
Old 10-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #79
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
Your car was my favorite Camaro that wasn't mine great exhaust note too!
Thanks buddy, I am glad you had a good time and hope we can roll again soon.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #80
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ45TH View Post
Had a lot of fun on my first cruise since moving to the northwest! Thanks for a great cruise at an awesome destination!
Glad you came along and had a good time.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #81
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
We had a complete blast and were glad to be a part of such a large gathering. We haven't done one of these cruises since May 2011 when Dennis put together a great trip to Winthrop. I honestly thought we would not see the mountain that day because so many had not been there before. The first few time we went to Mt St Helens the clouds covered the mountain. It was like we had to earn it. But, hey the clouds cleared out and made for a gorgeous day custom built for us.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #82
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel441 View Post
We had a complete blast and were glad to be a part of such a large gathering. We haven't done one of these cruises since May 2011 when Dennis put together a great trip to Winthrop. I honestly thought we would not see the mountain that day because so many had not been there before. The first few time we went to Mt St Helens the clouds covered the mountain. It was like we had to earn it. But, hey the clouds cleared out and made for a gorgeous day custom built for us.
It was good to see you both again after the past few years. You both are looking great as the years start to creep up on us. Hope to see you guys again, but a whole lot sooner.

Chris

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #83
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel441 View Post
A lot of nice cars and some great people really make it a great run. The weather was perfect. Glad you had a good time.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:14 AM   #84
Brianstanley

Drives: 2012 2LT RS Coupe in CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
Cool video. Love the stabilized shots in the high winds up there.

The cruise was mostly fun. This is the first time that my exhaust has really screamed so loud. Very nice and it justified the high-flow cats that I installed a few weeks ago. The only annoying part was the hopped-up HP monsters who wanted to race down the canyon way too fast. I'm sorry, but my V6 doesn't have Brembo brakes and that descent was pretty hairy at 45. I think there were 3 V6s out of 60 cars there.

The BBQ was fantastic. Tons of good food. We just had to leave a little early for that 3 hour drive home. Thanks to John and Ginger!

As another V6 owner, I didn't have any trouble or concern with my breaks heating on the descent, just did a lot of downshifting of the automatic to compression break. I will admit to being practiced, having driven the road several weeks earlier, so I was familiar with the turns and grades. I was at the BBQ too, did we meet? I too left the BBQ earlier then a preferred, in order to deal with a family emergency. Drive Safe.
Brianstanley is offline   Reply With Quote