Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
My front spoiler is slowly falling off!

My front spoiler in the ground effects package is letting go on the passenger side in the front. I examined both sides and its clear, the 3M let go where it should be solid.

Anyone else have this issue? The car is going back to teh shop immediately for repairs,

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Some of the earlier deliveries mentioned this as well.
Yep, dealer will need to fix before it falls off and gets destroyed.

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

This part is now completely loose. You can jiggle it with one finger easily. I'm pretty sure its not supposed to do this!

Shaun
Attached Images

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 09-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
There is supposed to be mounting bracket that gets riveted at each corner of the stock lip, exactly where you circled it. The GFX front spoiler gets fitted on it, then some 3m tape, then riveted at the front lip, then some tape, then hung on the other side bracket. There are rivets under the front cladding as well.
Perhaps the installer did not affix the mounting pads on the sides.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Just an update,

So the spoiler got fixed yesterday. When I talked to the service tech, he told me that the front spoiler itself is held in by several rivets, 2 bolts and double sided glue. With that said, he went on to say my problem was very very minor and such, all rivets supplied were secured along with the bolts still.

Problem is, the glue they used near the corners on both sides started letting go because of vibrations and the fact that there's no rivets in those areas. He fixed my issue by installing c-clamp bolt brackets which now hold that corner securely and are just as stable as another rivet/bolt.

Anyways, problem was resolved, front spoiler is very well secured now

Shaun

Old 09-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Just an update,

So the spoiler got fixed yesterday. When I talked to the service tech, he told me that the front spoiler itself is held in by several rivets, 2 bolts and double sided glue. With that said, he went on to say my problem was very very minor and such, all rivets supplied were secured along with the bolts still.

Problem is, the glue they used near the corners on both sides started letting go because of vibrations and the fact that there's no rivets in those areas. He fixed my issue by installing c-clamp bolt brackets which now hold that corner securely and are just as stable as another rivet/bolt.

Anyways, problem was resolved, front spoiler is very well secured now

Shaun

actually, like I said earlier, there is a mounting plate (the installation instruction calls it a latch) that gets riveted at each from corner. Likely, you dealer did not install them the first time and now they did and just feeding you BS.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
actually, like I said earlier, there is a mounting plate (the installation instruction calls it a latch) that gets riveted at each from corner. Likely, you dealer did not install them the first time and now they did and just feeding you BS.
:( Thou looking at several other Camaros with the kit, none of them had this latch and were mounted exactly the same way as mine was unless I'm missing sometin here. ?? Its fixed thou, solid as a rock!

Shaun

Old 09-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Dirty Mexican

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2LT
I just had the front and rear ground package replaced on my Camaro. Dealer tried to fix the bumpers as to where they were not pulling away from the car with gaps.
Was told that GM had recall on the first packages that was installed on these cars from earlier in the year. Mine was installed in May 2009.
Keep a close on on them.
Dirty Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
GJG

Drives: 2SS
nothin a #10 x 1/2 sheet metal screw can't fix

Old 09-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Maybe off-topic, but I just finished washing my car and noticed that the rear GFX piece was pulling away from the side (immediately behind the back tire). It's obviously a failure of the 3M tape there. I'll be making a run to Auto Zone or wherever soon.
Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #11
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
Thank'S for the heads up!!!
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #12
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grey View Post
Maybe off-topic, but I just finished washing my car and noticed that the rear GFX piece was pulling away from the side (immediately behind the back tire). It's obviously a failure of the 3M tape there. I'll be making a run to Auto Zone or wherever soon.
I just had this same issue fixed by my dealer this week. There was bulletin on from GM. Solid for now.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #13
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
:( Thou looking at several other Camaros with the kit, none of them had this latch and were mounted exactly the same way as mine was unless I'm missing sometin here. ?? Its fixed thou, solid as a rock!

Shaun
You can't see these mounting pads but I bet my car they are supposed to be installed per the installation instruction and YES, there is a picture of them on one of the camaros here that had its front spoiler come loose and waiting for a new front. Read the installation instruction and you'll believe me. No matter...you say it is solid so that's good.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
Dirty Mexican

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2LT
Okay,
For anyone that is having issues with their front or rear GFX\spoiler, take it back to your dealer. It is a warranty issue. Most dealers don't k now about the on the GFX\Spoi;er package.
Dirty Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote