Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepirate View Post
The quad tip performance exhaust is WORTH IT. Yes, i agree that you can get an awesome simple axel back fro cheaper that will sound great, but i couldn't say no to quad exhaust (or whatever you want to call it) and i have hear plenty of others.

The sound is incredible and i love the tips/ look. Just my 2 cents though.
Pirate

Love your car Very cool with the quad tips

Mike
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
NoleLife

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Thanks for the welcome guys! I think I may end up going with the GM Dual-Mode. I've seen it and know I like the sound and honestly considering Im paying for this, I don't know if I feel comfortable with some muffler shop installing an aftermarket exhaust system.

It's going to be a few weeks before I finally get it but when I do I will certainly post pictures!
NoleLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #17
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
There is more to the NPP exhaust than just bolting it in. There are vacuum lines and a vacuum tank ,too.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #18
thepirate

Drives: 2013 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Pirate

Love your car Very cool with the quad tips

Mike
Super60
Thanks
Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #19
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleLife View Post
Hey guys! New to the forum, just recently ordered my new Camaro (and my first ever car purchase, ignoring the one my parents bought me back in HS). It's a 2013 2SS Black/Black Manual. I didn't get any options at all for it though. I didn't really see the worth in the RS package and the ground effects bump the price up way more than I want to spend right now. I was looking at the Short Throw Shifter and the Dual-Mode exhaust but I talked myself out of it thinking I may get Long-tubes and a cat-back. And I like the Hurst Billet shifter.

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering, my build date is Oct-15th. I've been told "6-8 weeks" for delivery, hoping sooner though :(

So heres my question:

--In the event I decided I did want the dual mode exhaust, I'd be able to order it through a dealer from GMPartsDirect and have them install it correct? What about the shroud at the bottom of the rear bumper that the tips come through -- do they cut it for the dual tips or replace it and is that included in the price for the exhaust advertised on GMPartsDirect?

--I didnt get NAV because I figured "...Smart Phone"... But if I want to go back and get it added on later is that an option as well? Is it just the software package they have to load or is there wiring/GPS-Unit intallation required as well?

-- If I said I had 2-3k for aftermarket additions (performance, handling, anything) what would be the first "must haves" (assuming price of parts only, not installation cost. I have the installation part handled).

-- Is there a wheel that looks a lot like the B2 Forged VS1 or CV1 that isn't 6 grand for the set?

The first thing you should do is get new headlights when you get the car, no offense but the non-RS headlights ar terrible looking. It makes such a huge difference to have a projector or HID headlight in there
Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Congrats. My 1SS was on the dealer's lot and it didn't have any options on it either. I don't miss anything at all and like it just the way it is.

I prefer the looks of the standard headlights to the halos. They go much better with the retro styling of the car.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #21
chalkupanother1

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Congrats on your order. My advice, with you ordering a Black car, is to instruct the dealership NOT to wash your car when it's delivered. The black easily swirls, and if you have some teenager worker using a dirty brush washing your brand spanking new car, you'll also get a free upgrade of DIS (dealer installed swirls). Tell them to fill up the gas tank, take off the extra packaging and plastic wrap, check the other fluids and such, but no wash!!! You'll be glad you did.

Then get her home. Check the Cosmetic section on how to properly wash a car with a foam gun, two bucket method, etc. MAKE SURE you clay it to remove all the rail dust...you'd be amazed on how much gunk is acquired on a new car during shipping. Then your car's exterior will be in perfect condition for a coat of wax to protect the paint. Congrat!!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #22
Colonel

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Just had my 2103 Camaro SS delivered. I sprung for the Navigation System. Now the question is: Does the Navigation System have voice activation, seperate from the On-Star? No one at the dealer seems to be able to tell me. It gives me great directions, but it would be nice to have that voice come on and tell me when to turn, etc. Can anyone advise? My Camaro pics are in the Camaro photos forum. Toward the bottom. Red Crystal Tintcoat.
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote