Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
Colonel

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Navigation System Question

Just received my new 2013 Camaro SS. I ordered the Navigation System because I tend to lose myself in the city. Does anyone know if the Nav has voice recognition, seperate from On-Star. It gives me great directions, but I would like the voice to come on and tell me when to turn and which way to turn. Because the Navigation Systems in the 2013 are so new, the dealer doesn't know. Can anyone help?
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Yes it does. Tell the system "Navigation" and the menu will come up from there.

If you need the manual (mine is still on backorder), you can download it from My Chevrolet after signup. You may need your VIN for that.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Colonel

Wabbit,
You mean to tell me there is a voice that comes on and describes your route and where to turn and when to turn? Is it a nice & friendly female voice or a raspy old man. Excuse me for asking again but even though my car has been delivered and I technically own it, it is at the dealer for a few more days until they add some of the accessories I purchased. I was able to take it out for an afternoon and had some fun, but that's about it. I will be putting it away for the winter in a couple of weeks, so i hope they hurry up. The salesman gave me the Camaro owners manual but it has very little if anything at all on the Nav system. I will take your advice and try and download a copy from My Chevrolet.
Are you putting your up for the winter, or are you in a warm climate? I remember your comments being posted when we were waiting for our order to arrive, but I can't remember exactly what you ordered. Are you LOVING it?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Colonel

Wabbit,
Whats the Internet address of My Chevrolet? Can't seem to find it!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
Wabbit,
You mean to tell me there is a voice that comes on and describes your route and where to turn and when to turn? Is it a nice & friendly female voice or a raspy old man. Excuse me for asking again but even though my car has been delivered and I technically own it, it is at the dealer for a few more days until they add some of the accessories I purchased. I was able to take it out for an afternoon and had some fun, but that's about it. I will be putting it away for the winter in a couple of weeks, so i hope they hurry up. The salesman gave me the Camaro owners manual but it has very little if anything at all on the Nav system. I will take your advice and try and download a copy from My Chevrolet.
Are you putting your up for the winter, or are you in a warm climate? I remember your comments being posted when we were waiting for our order to arrive, but I can't remember exactly what you ordered. Are you LOVING it?
I think you can select male or female. Yes, it tells you, and it displays on your HUD.

The manual for navigation is separate from the car manual. I made my dealer order one since it didn't come with it. Still waiting...It's on constraint.

I wouldn't say warm, be we have wet winters, and on occasion that it snows, I can work from home or be sick. Too may people here can't drive in snow.

6 weeks and 1850 miles already. Getting ready for a road trip this weekend. Whenever I take by wife's Subaru, everyone asks where the Camaro is. All the dad's at school envy me. They're stuck with familymobiles.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Wabbit

Quote:
Wabbit,
Whats the Internet address of My Chevrolet? Can't seem to find it!
www.chevrolet.com and look for the ownership tab.

Here is the link for the navigation manual

https://assets.gm.com/manuals/chevro...navigation.pdf
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
Colonel

Wabbit,
I hear what your saying about the other Dad's (actually everyone) being envious. Love my Camaro!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
Colonel

Wabbit,
Thanks for the link to the Nav manual. I printed it and now will read though it. I also called the dealer (left voice mail with salesman), and asked them to order one for me. I think they should do that as a courtesy, as it should go along with the purchase of the car.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
Colonel

How Did You Order A Copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
Yes it does. Tell the system "Navigation" and the menu will come up from there.

If you need the manual (mine is still on backorder), you can download it from My Chevrolet after signup. You may need your VIN for that.
My dealer gave me what they printed from the website you referred me to. They said that was all they could get. That's lame! Did you order your Infotainment System Manual through your dealer or order it on your own? If your dealer ordered it for you, can you give me their name/address/contact person so I can request them to order one for me. Don't you feel that this is critical for the future value of the car. From a collector's view, they want as mich original paperwork that accompany's the car from the factory.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Just received my new 2013 Camaro SS. I ordered the Navigation System because I tend to lose myself in the city. Does anyone know if the Nav has voice recognition, seperate from On-Star. It gives me great directions, but I would like the voice to come on and tell me when to turn and which way to turn. Because the Navigation Systems in the 2013 are so new, the dealer doesn't know. Can anyone help?

Congratulations! I am sure you love your new 2013! As for the navigation system, page 60 in the navigation manual shows how there is a voice prompt option that you can check. Enjoy your new Camaro!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
Colonel

Nav Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Congratulations! I am sure you love your new 2013! As for the navigation system, page 60 in the navigation manual shows how there is a voice prompt option that you can check. Enjoy your new Camaro!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Brandon,
Can you help me order an Infotainment Manual?