Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
eblanchette

Drives: 1LE
Thumbs down Dealership Abuse and damage.

Hi, I'd like to get your advice on what to do at this point. here's the story so far :

Went at 7h15am yesterday at dealership for tire change/check squealing brakes/check squealing driver seat.

They took the whole day to do this, and I suspect somebody over there enjoyed my car a bit too much : 40km's more than when I gave it to them, and warped rotors, also, some stone chips on the front fascia.

As a bonus, they did nothing except change the tires and sand down the front pads, they now need to order some pads and file down the rotors because they warped them, and guess what I have to bring the car back :(

This is not the first time they joyride in my car like this, but last time they did not damage it so I let it go.

I was not happy, so I called the manager and explained all this to him. He did explain to me how they got to such mileage driven by telling me what the route is, which is not a valid explanation in my opinion. I still think they did not even need to drive it(all noises were perceptible at the advisor's desk!). He offered me a free car wash, which I think is ridiculous.

I demanded they give me new pads and new rotors so I would install them myself. He refused. I demanded money, he refused.

So then I called GM Canada(yes I am in this country ), and they basically told me that they would call him, (he will deny damage), and then switch dealerships.

They don't see a lot of Camaro's up north, which could explain the joyride effect.

What would you guys do?
eblanchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
ALL repair facilities are going to do both test drives to verify complaint and verify repair.
If they don't atleast do it to verify repair people would complain about that.
If thats something you don't like then be prepared to start doing the work needed yourself
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
eblanchette

I agree, but 25 miles is much more than a trip around the block.

I would do the repairs myself if they gave me the parts, which they refused.

They also could have test driven next to me, but they did not.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
They aren't likely to give you the parts or money. All they can be expected to do is to try and make it right.

As for the time it took, that's typical of any dealer if you are not waiting for the car. They work cars with the customer waiting before they work cars that are dropped off.

And if you don't trust them to do a test drive on their own, you need to use a different dealer/repair shop or do the work yourself.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
A day in the shop unless you stay and wait is typical.
Drivers seat noise should not require a test drive.
Tire change plus balance & alignment should not require a test drive.
Squealing breaks could require a test drive but 25 miles / 40 km's is very excessive.
Paint chips almost impossible to prove. When they checked in the car they should of done a walk-around and noted any body damage. Ask to see their report on check-in condition.

You did not note the milege on your 2011, and if it is still under 3-year bumper-to-bumper. If low mileage and still within 3-year bumper-to-bumper, why were the breaks not repaired under warrenty?

Last month my 2011 2LT bumper-to-bumper was about to expire, took it in for front end noise. They put it on a lift and idenified issue, replaced struts and strut kit, then balance & alignment, test drove less than 8 km. Problem solved, no charge.

They are not going to give you money back or give you parts. Document your interaction with the dealership service and document your phone call conversation with GM Canada. Would also email issues to Service Manager so you have it in writing (include date, time, etc., be specific).

Last month while my 2011 was still under warrenty, I asked to have the rocker panel weather strip (s) replaced because they had become warped. Appears damage due to winter oil rust treatment so not covered under warrenty. Regardless, I had parts ordered ($98 per rubber strip). When parts arrived I emailed Service Manager and said because this issue has not occured on my other autos, I would pay for the parts, but not have them installed until I could find a way to prevent future damage. Was emailed back within 1-hour and told they would replace/install for free. They are sending the damaged weather strips to GM for review / inspection.

I have an excellent dealership (in Ottawa), your dealership sucks. Best of luck getting your issues resolved & document everything.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblanchette View Post
This is not the first time they joyride in my car like this, but last time they did not damage it so I let it go.
You had me up until this line. Now I have no sympathy for you.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
eblanchette

Why? They did about the same mileage for the convertible top recall... But i did not record anything so i can't prove or whatever.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Why?!

You say they took your car for a "joyride" when you had it in for previous service, and you still took it back to them for further service?

What did you think was going to happen?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
eblanchette

It was in 2011, they are the closest to my home, I tought I would give them a second chance, which I obviously should not have...

The car has 29000kms, gm Canada will switch dealers but im waiting for their call.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
joe h

Drives: victory red 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
They are all hacks, and the more you complain or bring it to gm's attention, the worse it gets. Very first time I brought mine in, they slammed a tool between the hood and block, and denied they did it. Second time they put three dents in the door crease. Third time I used a different dealer and they scratched the clear coat. Four time they scraped through the paint, same spot. All four times they denied doing it, and I ended paying $900 dollars repairing and repainting. So basically what was suppose to be free warranty work, cost 200+ out of pocket. Worst part they never fixed the problem I brought it in for. Just glad I was able sell it, and remove that cheaply built pita once and for all. I've owned a 96 cavalier and a 2001 lumina that was a beat to shit rental, and neither of those cars stressed me out more than the camaro, easily the worst car I ever owned.
joe h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
loco_stevie
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░screech !!

Drives: Camaro SS
Jesus which dealer is this in Montreal? Cripes.
loco_stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #12
eblanchette

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco_stevie View Post
Jesus which dealer is this in Montreal? Cripes.
Christin automobile, Sherbrooke east in pointe aux trembles.

They received the pads and I did not bother calling them back, I'll never go there again.

Also, gm Canada is not giving a **** even tough I left 2 clear messages saying I want to change places.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
eblanchette

Well I just received a call from Tina at gm Canada, 1 week later, and she said : if you want to switch dealers then the diagnosis will have to be done again, and there is no way the work order can be transferred.

Since that is total BS, I asked for the call to be escalated. This is insane.

I love the camaro but their service is so awful...

My ideas of buying the new stingray are down the drain now.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #14
eblanchette

Smile

Call was escalated successfully, the boss lady called me (from GM canada), she will see what she can do for me, there is still some hope.

fingers crossed...

The process seems very different in the US, I seriously need to move over there.

To me it's the perfect land for automotive enthusiasm.