Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 11-16-2015, 10:54 PM   #911
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
You have to have nerves of steel....................................

What's it like driving your current Camaro?

This is my first Camaro, and can't wait to feel some of that power!

I'm currently driving the new 2014 impala ls with only 196 hp, 2.4 liter engine
Oh man! Let me tell you! I went from a 2000 camaro v6 with probably less than 200 hp... When I got my 2014 v6... It's a totally different ball game! Even tho it's a v6!... To me it feels fast... It never fails that cars always wanna race.... Specially the ones that get jealous seeing you in a cool ride. Reading all these reviews about the new v6... I think it will put the old one to shame... The power/looks/handling, everything .. Sounds like it's much better than the 5th gen. There's never been a day that I haven't enjoy driving the car... I drive it everywhere I go. Even tho my exhaust was plain stock it still made a cool sound when I floored it haha but I hated the fact that I couldn't do any badass revs because the car sounded like NOTHING lol the reason I'm now switching to a v8 is because I'm finally able to afford it and I'm ready to have a more powerful car with all the goodies haha

Oh and get ready to hear all these people talking shit about v6s this and that... Why not get a v8... Pshh I would tell me my v6 was still better and faster than the shitty car they were driving... Lol
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:02 AM   #912
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
My dealer called me tonight and let me know 3 of their other orders have shipped while mine remains 3800. One of which was built in the same week as mine.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:24 AM   #913
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
Oh man! Let me tell you! I went from a 2000 camaro v6 with probably less than 200 hp... When I got my 2014 v6... It's a totally different ball game! Even tho it's a v6!... To me it feels fast... It never fails that cars always wanna race.... Specially the ones that get jealous seeing you in a cool ride. Reading all these reviews about the new v6... I think it will put the old one to shame... The power/looks/handling, everything .. Sounds like it's much better than the 5th gen. There's never been a day that I haven't enjoy driving the car... I drive it everywhere I go. Even tho my exhaust was plain stock it still made a cool sound when I floored it haha but I hated the fact that I couldn't do any badass revs because the car sounded like NOTHING lol the reason I'm now switching to a v8 is because I'm finally able to afford it and I'm ready to have a more powerful car with all the goodies haha

Oh and get ready to hear all these people talking shit about v6s this and that... Why not get a v8... Pshh I would tell me my v6 was still better and faster than the shitty car they were driving... Lol

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:30 AM   #914
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
My dealer called me tonight and let me know 3 of their other orders have shipped while mine remains 3800. One of which was built in the same week as mine.
Sledge,
Does your dealership give you any explanation as to why your car hasn't shipped? Why do you think your car hasn't shipped? QC inspection problems, is what I believe the problem is. At least with my car. There can be no other explanation. As of today, 34 days that I have been at 3800. I'm tempted to go to my dealer and see if they have any 2016 Camaros on their lot. And than ask them if they can just call GM themselves and see what is going on...........................Other cars last week were built and shipped within 3 days!! I suppose I will just wait for this car instead of ordering another one. Still looking at 6-7 weeks for another. By that time my original order HAS to be at my dealership.......................

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:05 AM   #915
tvwilkes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
To be honest, this whole process has just made me sick. When I search cars.com I see a few cars already at dealer lots. These cars have vins that were in the 123000 range. That is over 6000 cars after my car was built. This makes me mad. I am considering just backing out. This is the last time that I will order a car.

Last edited by tvwilkes; 11-17-2015 at 10:17 AM.
tvwilkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:12 AM   #916
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
QC inspection problems, is what I believe the problem is. At least with my car. There can be no other explanation.
Really? I can think of a dozen reasons that it hasn't been shipped that aren't related to QC... but it is all speculation, just like your QC inspection problems.

My car was built Oct 21, though I'm not sure at what status it is now. Because I don't really care that much, it will get here when it gets here. My dealer told me he'd inform me when its on the way. If that takes a day, fine. If it takes a month, fine. I guess my only hope is that it arrives on a nice weather day. It can't go in the snow.

Don't worry yourself over things you certainly don't know to be true.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net

Last edited by joemosfet; 11-17-2015 at 10:23 AM.
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #917
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvwilkes View Post
To be honest, this whole process has just made me sick. When I search cars.com I see a few cars already at dealer lots. These cars have vins that were in the 123000 range. That is over 6000 cars after my car was built. This makes me mad. I am considering just backing out.
Keep in mind that just because a car is listed on cars.com, it doesn't mean that the car is there yet. When a dealer gets an invoice, the car goes into their inventory and then it is pushed out to the sites that list their inventory, whether the car is physically there or not.

I can understand being sad that your car isn't there yet but to threaten to back out makes you sound spoiled and immature. Have some patience because you WILL get the car and it WILL be awesome. Every time I see someone make a post like this, I always think about this scene.

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #918
Cipher21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Just got numbers from my dealer and he threw the military pricing on there which was just about 2k under msrp.
Cipher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #919
tvwilkes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Keep in mind that just because a car is listed on cars.com, it doesn't mean that the car is there yet. When a dealer gets an invoice, the car goes into their inventory and then it is pushed out to the sites that list their inventory, whether the car is physically there or not.

I can understand being sad that your car isn't there yet but to threaten to back out makes you sound spoiled and immature. Have some patience because you WILL get the car and it WILL be awesome. Every time I see someone make a post like this, I always think about this scene.

They have pictures of the cars on their lot. I am by no means immature. I think Chevrolet is screwing over customers.
tvwilkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #920
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
They have pictures of the cars on their lot. I am by no means immature. I think Chevrolet is screwing over customers.
Then don't buy it.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:41 AM   #921
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Omg. Grow up man! Sometimes they have early builds with some QC problems. Other times the logistic companies decide when they ship to certain areas and its not Chevy at all.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #922
rdowty

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I called my dealer yesterday and explained the situation. My order has been at 3800 for over 30 days and it's obvious its not a shipping issue because other cars are in transit to my area. I can only assume that the car had some issues and from what I gather it won't be shipping soon. I asked him to find me another car, let me reorder or refund my deposit and I'll find one on a lot when they start arriving.
rdowty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #923
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Wow.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #924
jhutch

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM -Sold
Just hit 4300 this morning

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet