Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #393
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Not for the quarter mile, but the guys who do run the quarter tell me with my setup I'd probably run somewhere in the 11's. One of these days I may run the quarter once just to get an actual number.

Thanks for the compliments, I've really enjoyed this car.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #394
potwasher
Banned

Drives: gen5
great documentation.
thank you very much!
potwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #395
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by potwasher View Post
great documentation.
thank you very much!
Doc's thread is my favorite on this whole site. Very well Doc-umented and though out. It's been a major inspiration for my build.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #396
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by potwasher View Post
great documentation.
thank you very much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Doc's thread is my favorite on this whole site. Very well Doc-umented and though out. It's been a major inspiration for my build.
Thank you one and all; your appreciation is appreciated.

Considering that your thread Nathan has become THE epic mod thread ever on this site, that's high praise indeed! Whenever I log on to C5 I always check first to see what's new with your thread. Your zeal, enthusiasm, energy, accomplishments, bank account and sheer craziness is a sight to behold lol.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 03-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #397
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
How much weight have you shaved off in your engine bay so far Nathan?

Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #398
Moreno1

Bump for one of the best threads on the site! What's in your plans for blue angel for the rest of the year, doc?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #399
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Thank you Justin. Coming from you with the crazy epic build you and your brother are doing, that's generous praise indeed!

After reading through you and your brother's thread, I've been pondering many things. I'm considering going more towards track-based. I'm researching wheels/tires that are more track oriented, racing seats/harnesses, upgrading the front brake calipers, and possibly going with the Optic Armor glass for front and sides. Not sure about replacing the rear window since it has the defroster grid and radio antenna in it. I'm waiting on exact weights of the Optic Armor pieces from Jim.

Your guy's thread is a treasure trove of useful info, ideas and it's a real pain in the butt...er...wallet. I can't wait until you guys finish so I can take my credit cards out of hiding.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #400
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Thank you Justin. Coming from you with the crazy epic build you and your brother are doing, that's generous praise indeed!

After reading through you and your brother's thread, I've been pondering many things. I'm considering going more towards track-based. I'm researching wheels/tires that are more track oriented, racing seats/harnesses, upgrading the front brake calipers, and possibly going with the Optic Armor glass for front and sides. Not sure about replacing the rear window since it has the defroster grid and radio antenna in it. I'm waiting on exact weights of the Optic Armor pieces from Jim.

Your guy's thread is a treasure trove of useful info, ideas and it's a real pain in the butt...er...wallet. I can't wait until you guys finish so I can take my credit cards out of hiding.
Can't wait to see where you go with that. There is a lot of weight to be lost in the seats. The stock seats are so freaking heavy! Plus some more aggressive Side bolsters will keep you in place nicely at the track. Win win

G5.R is getting some very nice seats.... soon hopefully.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #401
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
Can't wait to see where you go with that. There is a lot of weight to be lost in the seats. The stock seats are so freaking heavy! Plus some more aggressive Side bolsters will keep you in place nicely at the track. Win win

Oh? Any hints as to what brand you guys are going with?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #402
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post

There is indeed a lot of weight in the seats. The driver's seat is 54.6 lbs, the passenger seat is 44 lbs. That's 98.6 lbs total. Right now I'm looking at Sparco Rev competition seats which weigh 15.9 lbs each. That would save over 66 lbs right there although I'd have to add the tank plates, harness bar and 5 point harnesses. I'm guessing maybe a total of 50 lbs of reduction after everything is equalled out.

Optic Armor stated replacing front and rear glass would save 40 lbs so I'm hoping front and both sides instead of rear window would save at least 40 maybe 50 lbs. I know the door windows are pretty big and heavy.

So seats and glass could be as much as 100 lbs of weight savings; that would put me at 3,588 lbs with a full tank of gas. Not bad!

As some point though it gets to where I have to consider cost versus value. I'm already in pretty far cost-wise so do I want to spend more, or possibly just get a Z/28? They've done and are doing things with that car that just isn't practical or possible for me to do with mine.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #403
The Stig

Did Optic Armor say how much lighter the side glass was over OEM?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #404
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Did Optic Armor say how much lighter the side glass was over OEM?
Not yet; sent the email last Friday. Waiting for a response.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #405
The Stig

Let me know will you, it might be worth it to switch out my side windows since the rear glass would be too involved (having to figure out a new radio antenna and whatnot).
Old 05-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #406
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
There is indeed a lot of weight in the seats. The driver's seat is 54.6 lbs, the passenger seat is 44 lbs. That's 98.6 lbs total. Right now I'm looking at Sparco Rev competition seats which weigh 15.9 lbs each. That would save over 66 lbs right there although I'd have to add the tank plates, harness bar and 5 point harnesses. I'm guessing maybe a total of 50 lbs of reduction after everything is equalled out.

Optic Armor stated replacing front and rear glass would save 40 lbs so I'm hoping front and both sides instead of rear window would save at least 40 maybe 50 lbs. I know the door windows are pretty big and heavy.

So seats and glass could be as much as 100 lbs of weight savings; that would put me at 3,588 lbs with a full tank of gas. Not bad!

As some point though it gets to where I have to consider cost versus value. I'm already in pretty far cost-wise so do I want to spend more, or possibly just get a Z/28? They've done and are doing things with that car that just isn't practical or possible for me to do with mine.
sub 3600 lbs with a full tank would be AWESOME! And at your power level, your already in z/28 territory.

But man if you have the opportunity to get a z/28 on your hands! exciting stuff for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Oh? Any hints as to what brand you guys are going with?
That, my friend is g14 classified information.......

Tags
camaro of the week