Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 12-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #827
Phyxious

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwyFlyer View Post
Hey Neighbor,
I guess I'll see you up on 120th. I'm off of 120 near Holly. I have had my CGM 2SS/RS for about a month now but haven't had much chance to drive it yet. If you think the weeks after your build day are long........ the day I brought mine home it snowed for two days. That was after leaving it at the dealer for two weeks to have the stripes done. So if you see a CGM w/IOM stripes around town, that'll be me.
Nice, you're not too far away. I live off 119th and Claude (near Karl's Dairy), so it's just a couple of miles. I work out by Flatirons, so I don't have a lot of cause for driving in your direction, but would be fun to get together sometime, I think.

The dealership was expecting delivery of my car today or tomorrow. I didn't hear from them today, so I'm guessing it hasn't arrived just yet... not surprising with the holiday weekend. Hopefully tomorrow

I've only seen about 3 or 4 camaros around Broomfield and Northglenn, so we're still sort of a rare breed, it seems, at least this far north. I'm sure that'll change, but it'll be fun for a while!
Phyxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #828
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300 2015 Z06
Good Tune Shop Denver Area

Just getting ready to do my Maggie install ,Looking for a good shop that will do a good tune on ECM in the Denver metro area?
BUMBLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #829
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLEB View Post
Just getting ready to do my Maggie install ,Looking for a good shop that will do a good tune on ECM in the Denver metro area?
Drive the extra 50 miles and take it to RMCR in Colo Sprgs. You won't find a better tuner around. You won't be disappointed. Call Mike at 719-574-0625 leave a message if he doesn't answer, he'll call right back.
He's very familiar with the new computer programming in the 2010 Camaros, unlike alot of other shops around that will use you as their guinea pig.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #830
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
Drive the extra 50 miles and take it to RMCR in Colo Sprgs. You won't find a better tuner around. You won't be disappointed. Call Mike at 719-574-0625 leave a message if he doesn't answer, he'll call right back.
He's very familiar with the new computer programming in the 2010 Camaros, unlike alot of other shops around that will use you as their guinea pig.
Agreed!

Mav
Old 12-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #831
michael M

Drives: 84 vette,68 442,65stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnCamaro View Post
WOW!

I've had mine for like 3 months, and just passed 500 miles. Mostly to the paint shop and the dealer and back. Hopefully the next trip is for a SC and exhaust .
Your like me. I had mine 4 months and have 660 miles. My son has put at least 300 himself. I should read the manual and see what everything does
michael M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #832
mtcwby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
You do alot of research on the camaro. What have you read about these hand held tuners such as the Predator or Trinity from Diablo sports. The one tuner told me he would be stealing my money if I asked them to tune my ecm/pcm without anymore mods to my car. However these handhelds claim they could get more? I just don't want to get ripped off.I don't plan on doing anything else with mine,other than one of these tunes.
How did you make out selling your CAI? I bought the Barton shifter but haven't had a second to my self to install it.
You pay alot for a hand held, for just a generic tune. The tune in the handheld has to cover a wide range of cars. Some LS3's have 350RWHP from the factory while others have 380 rwhp from the factory, so the tune has to fit them all. A custom tune will work for just that car being tuned and get the most out of that car. The canned tune will still get more hp out of a car, but the custom tune will get the MOST hp from the car. The only way it is really nesessary to get a tune is if you have CAI and exhaust work on your car, it's not really worth it if you only have CAI or only some exhaust mods by themself.
I'll find out if RMCR has my CAI sold when I get back next week. If you are
interested let me know. Hope the Barton install goes well.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #833
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
I agree with the man above as well. And as stated, I have yet to see an independent dyno on a handheld.

Mav
Old 12-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #834
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Thats why I am going with Vectormotorsports tune.....its as good as you will get without getting a custome tune and I think for the A6s its as good as a custom tune because they have an excellent Toeque Management tune as well! I like it better then a custome tune because you have the file on your laptop and can switch it back to stock when ever you want. They will also build you a cusotm tune for the specific
bolt ons you have
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #835
mtcwby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Thats why I am going with Vectormotorsports tune.....its as good as you will get without getting a custome tune and I think for the A6s its as good as a custom tune because they have an excellent Toeque Management tune as well! I like it better then a custome tune because you have the file on your laptop and can switch it back to stock when ever you want. They will also build you a cusotm tune for the specific
bolt ons you have
I agree that it will be a decent tune, it just won't be the BEST tune. There's no way it can be, it is generic. There's no way for them to know exactly what's going on with YOUR specific car.
If you are worried about going back to stock, why don't you buy a new ECM
for a couple hundred bucks. Then take your car to a good tuner and have the new ECM custom tuned. Keep the old ECM, with the original stock tune, at home where you can plug it into the car just before going to the dealer for warranty work. No chance for you to screw up something on your laptop.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #836
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
I think the Vector tune is somewhere inbetween a canned tune like the Predetor and a totally custome tune. With the vector, you send them your ECM file and tell them what add ons you have, headers, exhaust CAI SC ect and they will customize the tune for what you have. THats as good as it gets without going to a tune shop and yes, it has the advatage of being able to take it back to stock when ever you need to.....OR change tunes at the track! Granted, its not as convienient as a hand held as you need a lap top!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:54 PM   #837
zod

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Getting anxious....

Car is in Cheyenne Wyoming.
zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #838
michael M

Drives: 84 vette,68 442,65stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
I know they will probably tell me anything but I've e-mail a few tuners about these hand helds and they said it's a good fit for the cai and cutouts only. I'm still hitting people up who have purchased and installed these. I've yet to hit on one who has dynoed before and after. Most of them claim that they feel the difference right away. I'm not sure about that. Still more info to look at
I have a question about badging.

I have seen different type of badging on the rear. They range from SS to RS to different colors. When I ordered, I ordered what I wanted and it was a 2SS/RS. So I have a red SS on the rear. I saw a white with orange stripes this weekend and it has RS on the rear. I have also seen white SS on the rear. Do the tags differenciate between the models?
michael M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #839
volleyfan

Drives: 2003 Tahoe Z71, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael M View Post
I have a question about badging.

I have seen different type of badging on the rear. They range from SS to RS to different colors. When I ordered, I ordered what I wanted and it was a 2SS/RS. So I have a red SS on the rear. I saw a white with orange stripes this weekend and it has RS on the rear. I have also seen white SS on the rear. Do the tags differenciate between the models?
They are different based on model and options. The SS badge is primary over the RS badge because it denotes the performance or higher end model. The RS is only an appearance package that can be added to the cars.

SS without RS will have white SS badge
SS with RS will have red SS badge
Non-SS with RS will have red RS badge
Non-SS without RS package will not have a badge
6000 - 2 Jul 09
volleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #840
fastal

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyfan View Post
They are different based on model and options. The SS badge is primary over the RS badge because it denotes the performance or higher end model. The RS is only an appearance package that can be added to the cars.

SS without RS will have white SS badge
SS with RS will have red SS badge
Non-SS with RS will have red RS badge
Non-SS without RS package will not have a badge
Actually LT's without the RS package have LT badges. The only non-badged car is the LS.
fastal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro