Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-10-2016, 06:22 AM   #1
Joey316g
Too many cars

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Whipple Supercharger

Anyone running this system?

I don't see much talk about it on this forum but it looks like a nice system that makes power similar to the Roush Kit for the Mustang. All I hear about on here are the LSA kit and The Heartbeat. I like the looks of this one and the package looks complete. Looks like it even comes with an SCT tuner with tune already loaded on it for the system installed on a stock setup.

I see TRE sells them and Hennessey uses them on their cars. I'd like to hear some feedback be it good or bad.

I got a big ass garage and I'm not afraid to use it.
Joey316g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #2
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Plenty of talk on the forum, search Google under "Camaro5 Whipple".
For me, it was the best choice of blowers (turbos are another discussion), and leaves PLENTY of headroom for more power, on both the guts of a stock block or esp a motor with forged internals. The kit is complete and addresses fuel delivery, injectors, and everything else necessary for a true bolt on, without belt slip. For a stock engine they tout over a 60% HP gain, from 358 to 578 at the wheels - believe it. It is more expensive than the other blowers, you get what you pay for. If installing any blower, it is best to get a dyno tune for safe maximized power - why spend at least $5k or more likely 1.5x to 2x that on any blower and not maximize results?
Now, IMO if going the supercharging route then comes the question of any desired additional power of just the bolt on Blower kit versus budget, and getting this kind of power to the ground. A great blower cam like those from BTR with springs/retainers, etc, should be part of the installation, as well as LT's, CAI, exhaust, etc. Then the issue is how to put over 600rwhp and 550 FP's to the ground, so rear suspension upgrades and drive axles should be considered. Then you are deep into the MOD bug.
So - I have a Whipple on a stock block with CAI, Stainless LT's, Borla/Magnuson exhaust, and full suspension upgrades, and a safe reliable tune by a pro tuner. It Dyno'd at 632 rwhp and 565 rwtq, and by changing the pully, 700+ HP is easy. It will fry the ever loving snot out any tire you may elect to use, it is a matter of better traction with a drag radial. The reaction of anyone I take for a drive - priceless.

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #3
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Great kit. I love mine.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #4
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Some really fast 9 second 1/4 mile Whipple charged cars on here if you look around, it's a bigger blower that works very well.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:21 AM   #5
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Its a fine option. Just make sure you know what you want to make, and the cost to get there. Seen way to many people want to slap on a whipple and make 700+hp just to find out they need another $5k in parts to get there. Make sure it fits your goals. It is one of the better PD blower, just typically cost keeps it from being more popular. If all you want is ~500-550rwhp LSA comes in WAY cheaper. If you want 650+ turbos take over.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #6
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It really don't take much to go fast with a whipple. Whipple, small cam, headers, and a good tune. I have done a few with these mods and 3 have ran 9.60-9.90 and a couple more run bottom 10's easy and Jannetty has tuned them all

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #7
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
LSA is so close to as good for so much cheaper. The dollar per HP is at least worth looking into.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
LSA is so close to as good for so much cheaper. The dollar per HP is at least worth looking into.
I was thinking the same thing when comparing the two set ups. LSA doesn't leave as much to grow as Whipple. More is always wanted later.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:18 AM   #9
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FAST SS View Post
I was thinking the same thing when comparing the two set ups. LSA doesn't leave as much to grow as Whipple. More is always wanted later.
Just think they're saying pd blowers are very limited in general/cost goes up when one wants to "grow."

If one wants to grow, turbos would be the most cost effective option.

Then again I don't see why people buy factory road course cars and add all the weight to the front end by putting pd blowers on them, but to each their own.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:07 AM   #10
Joey316g
Too many cars

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
Plenty of talk on the forum, search Google under "Camaro5 Whipple".
For me, it was the best choice of blowers (turbos are another discussion), and leaves PLENTY of headroom for more power, on both the guts of a stock block or esp a motor with forged internals. The kit is complete and addresses fuel delivery, injectors, and everything else necessary for a true bolt on, without belt slip. For a stock engine they tout over a 60% HP gain, from 358 to 578 at the wheels - believe it. It is more expensive than the other blowers, you get what you pay for.
This is the response I was looking for.. in not looking to make 1000 hp. Money is not an issue for me. I know what it takes to make power as I've built numerous cars over the years. Just looking for opinions on this kit and just this kit.. Stock appearance plays a big part too .. and the option to expand later if I wanted to.. what sparked this for me is I just finished installing a Roush Stage 1 kit on my sons 2015 Mustang GT and it is simply beautiful under the hood and makes great daily driver power.. I was just looking for something similar for the Camaro and it seems like all the popular kits fall short except for this one.. thanks to everyone for the replies

I got a big ass garage and I'm not afraid to use it.
Joey316g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:53 AM   #11
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey316g View Post
This is the response I was looking for.. in not looking to make 1000 hp. Money is not an issue for me. I know what it takes to make power as I've built numerous cars over the years. Just looking for opinions on this kit and just this kit.. Stock appearance plays a big part too .. and the option to expand later if I wanted to.. what sparked this for me is I just finished installing a Roush Stage 1 kit on my sons 2015 Mustang GT and it is simply beautiful under the hood and makes great daily driver power.. I was just looking for something similar for the Camaro and it seems like all the popular kits fall short except for this one.. thanks to everyone for the replies
You might want to be sure it will fit under your hood since you have a '15 with the vent.
jeff657756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #12
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
You won't be disappointed with the Whipple.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #13
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Love my whipple Over 700 hp with meth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #14
Lorich1

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / 1968 camaro Z28
I installed a Whipple kit on my 11 SS, definitely a superior kit and room to grow with it. Everything fit great and the instructions were perfect. The SCT tune is ok, but I would recommend taking it to get tuned on a dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lorich1 is offline   Reply With Quote