Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
t3chfr3ak

Drives: mazda 6
Is the economic forecast giving you second thoughts on buying?

Anyone worried about the future of the economy? Im sort of having second thoughts on buying. Oil industry is tanking and work is getting really slow.For now Im keeping my order, but if things take a turn for the worst I may have to give my camaro up. I wish it would of come earlier. I think that the state that the american and canadian economy, and even the world is going to get really bad. Here in my city I here of alot of people losing their jobs. Fortunately for me, my job is pretty secure. I hope you guys are having better luck.
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
I work for the federal government and we got $835,000,000,000 dollars to spend before the next "crisis" hits. No worries here.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
I'm probably going to join a bunch of crazed michigan militiamen when they decide to put the naddy light down and actually do something about Our Lord and Savior Obama and the Virgin Nancy Pelosi..

Christ.. I don't even care if this gets deleted, I just felt like posting it to vent some rage.. Sorry mods and fellow forum members. If you get a giggle out of this, then more power to ya. I am just soo pissed right now.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
I work for the federal government and we got $835,000,000,000 dollars to spend before the next "crisis" hits. No worries here.

835 Trill. You should be able to buy the original concept and mod. it out pretty good. Just send the rest of us the bill. I'll add it in my next 941 payment.

I've definately thought about it.
I won't buy if it becomes irresponsible for me to do so but I'm in pretty good shape for a "long winter" so to speak. If it gets bad enough for me to not buy then it'll probably be bad enough for GM to stop producing before I'm ready. I have to wait til' January anyway.

So to answer the ? Not yet but I have time to see.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
2004 GTO
Banned

Drives: GTO
Sales will show this is the worst year for the car to come out im not buying i was but now im not. Look how many been order considering 100,000's of thousands of people begged 7 years ago for this car to come back. I give it 3 years it will never make 5 years like the stang.
2004 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
t3chfr3ak

Quote:
I feel sorry for you americans that have to pay that debt off. That money is a loan from who? You guys are in debt enough as it is, with other countries. I hope you guys the best of luck. Cause youre gonna need it america. It has to get better there first before it gets better here in Canada thats for sure so Im with you guys all the way. Whatever you end up doing.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Quote:
good one
Old 01-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #8
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
the worlds coming to an end-live it up-live your life screw it-besides if i go for broke and cant afford the car anymore they wont be able to get it-it will be hidden haha

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chfr3ak View Post
I feel sorry for you americans that have to pay that debt off. That money is a loan from who? You guys are in debt enough as it is, with other countries. I hope you guys the best of luck. Cause youre gonna need it america. It has to get better there first before it gets better here in Canada thats for sure so Im with you guys all the way. Whatever you end up doing.
Appreciate the support.

Makes alot of sense doesn't it. I don't have enough to pay my minimum payments much less pay into my debt, but hey I'm getting another credit card to go on vacation next month. Huh?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Appreciate the support.

Makes alot of sense doesn't it. I don't have enough to pay my minimum payments much less pay into my debt, but hey I'm getting another credit card to go on vacation next month. Huh?
Yea I didn't want to get off on a rant so hope that flag stands for what I think it is, Zabo I feel your pain, goodluck my man
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
t3chfr3ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Appreciate the support.

Thats exactly what the whitehouse is doing. I hope the vacation is worth it. Its probably fairly nice at Recession beach.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #13
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chfr3ak View Post
Anyone worried about the future of the economy? Im sort of having second thoughts on buying. Oil industry is tanking and work is getting really slow.For now Im keeping my order, but if things take a turn for the worst I may have to give my camaro up. I wish it would of come earlier. I think that the state that the american and canadian economy, and even the world is going to get really bad. Here in my city I here of alot of people losing their jobs. Fortunately for me, my job is pretty secure. I hope you guys are having better luck.
If you have a job with a good level of security and you can afford it buy it. The last thing our economy needs is people with good paying secure jobs that can afford to by things that do not buy because of the bad economy, thus it will never recover. I am lucky enough to have a steady secure job so I am doing what I can to increase and maintain my level of spending. I am re-modeling our bathrooms, just built a new garage, going on vacation and buying a new car. No I do not do this much normally, but if those that can don't those that remodel bathrooms, build garages, make a living from tourism and build cars can't make it either. The comsumer is 85% of the economy.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #14
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
Yea I didn't want to get off on a rant so hope that flag stands for what I think it is, Zabo I feel your pain, goodluck my man
I laughed my ass off.
But I didn't have the control you had.