Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: How long do you plan on keeping your Camaro?
1-3 years 14 6.25%
4-6 years 30 13.39%
7-10 years 23 10.27%
More than 10 years 45 20.09%
Forever! 112 50.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #43
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post

but what if the SIXTH Gen is even cooler than the fifth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
It will be... now what?
:Puts fingers in ears: LAALALAAALALALAA

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #44
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boat View Post
is it v6 or ss camaro? If you have ls3 you won't get tired ever. I've never gotten tired of v8 muscle cars. It really isn't possible
Lol I've had like 15 cars in the past 12 years, All sorts, lots of muscle cars. Some I had to give up unwillingly (87 GN Stolen) but the rest are gone cause I got tired and wanted something different.

I'm hoping to break the mold with the Camaro, but considering my track record, theres a good possibility it will be gone in 3-5 years....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #45
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
We're always trying to define what an enthusiast is.

This may be one of those differences between a fan of the car and a true enthusiast of Camaros.

An enthusiast will do whatever they can to keep the car as long as they can...

My 2 cents...
Well, who knows what kind of changes Chevy will make to Camaro in 5 years? You don't think you might want to upgrade to a newer model?

I'm more worried about the car not living up to some peoples unrealistic expectations. Tons of people have been waiting for this car for so long that they build up expectations that just don't make sense. I'm not referring to anyone specific here, just in general. I fear that some people won't have their expectations met, although from the larger number of reviews it doesn't look like it should be a problem.

I know when I bought the 111th Pontiac Solstice off the line I had unrealistic expectations. The interior plastics were extremely cheap and for whatever reason I didn't expect to feel so cramped in the car, even though it was obviously tiny. The power was much more lacking then I expected as well, although I was coming from a 1999 Pontiac Firehawk T/A at the time which was a dramatic change in HP/torque.

That experience tempered my expectations for the Camaro a slight bit because I was so let down by the Solstice. I don't think I will be disappointed by the Camaro but the wait is killing me even more then the wait for the Solstice.
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #46
Sctrjn21

Drives: 11 Ford Edge, 09 Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Well, who knows what kind of changes Chevy will make to Camaro in 5 years? You don't think you might want to upgrade to a newer model?

I'm more worried about the car not living up to some peoples unrealistic expectations. Tons of people have been waiting for this car for so long that they build up expectations that just don't make sense. I'm not referring to anyone specific here, just in general. I fear that some people won't have their expectations met, although from the larger number of reviews it doesn't look like it should be a problem.

I know when I bought the 111th Pontiac Solstice off the line I had unrealistic expectations. The interior plastics were extremely cheap and for whatever reason I didn't expect to feel so cramped in the car, even though it was obviously tiny. The power was much more lacking then I expected as well, although I was coming from a 1999 Pontiac Firehawk T/A at the time which was a dramatic change in HP/torque.

That experience tempered my expectations for the Camaro a slight bit because I was so let down by the Solstice. I don't think I will be disappointed by the Camaro but the wait is killing me even more then the wait for the Solstice.
I couldnt agree with you more. I love the camaro and have wanted one for a long time. I am not a fan of the 4th gen camaro. Does that make me less of an enthusiast? Oh well.

What happens if you get a lemon? You plan on keeping it until the end? I doubt it. Just because some of us dont keep our cars to the end doesnt make us any less enthusiats. How many original 1 gen owners are out there? Not a resotre owner a 1st gen owner. How many people have resotored a 1st gen or later and sold it? How many people have owned other cars than a camaro? We all must be just fans of the Camaro and not true enthusiasts.

My two cents
Sctrjn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #47
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Living in the northeast, you don't have enough time to drive it, to get tired of it.... throw in a couple BB Chevelles that you have to drive too....Nuff said
That doesn't mean I wont be ing for something else a few years down the road, I'll just have to build a bigger garage to fit it in with the rest of the fleet.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #48
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
My plan is to keep it AT LEAST 10 years, hopefully more! I'll be able to use it as a daily drive for a while, but then I assume legislation/gas prices will make it harder and I'll get a Volt for a daily driver and the Camaro for the weekend/trip car.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #49
Arabiannite

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
i fear...

I am only scared that the next generation/refresh is more retro, more in the vein of the 69 camaro.

I actually prefer the look of the Challenger more (I am big on the old muscle cars and a more retro look for this camaro would have been great). I was in the market for a SRT8 Challenger or an RT for the right price. However the more I read about the Camaro, the more I fell in love, I also know it is supposed to handle better, the interior is WAY better than the chally's, its lighter, and I am partial to chevy (just sold my 94 Impala SS so I could get something newer and faster).

But that's my only concern, is a next gen or a refresh that is more retro. Otherwise, I am completely thrilled with the exterior and interior styling, performance in the SS, and price. Those morons at Dodge must have bumped their heads the way they have priced the challenger.
Arabiannite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #50
Sctrjn21

Drives: 11 Ford Edge, 09 Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabiannite View Post
I am only scared that the next generation/refresh is more retro, more in the vein of the 69 camaro.

I actually prefer the look of the Challenger more (I am big on the old muscle cars and a more retro look for this camaro would have been great). I was in the market for a SRT8 Challenger or an RT for the right price. However the more I read about the Camaro, the more I fell in love, I also know it is supposed to handle better, the interior is WAY better than the chally's, its lighter, and I am partial to chevy (just sold my 94 Impala SS so I could get something newer and faster).

But that's my only concern, is a next gen or a refresh that is more retro. Otherwise, I am completely thrilled with the exterior and interior styling, performance in the SS, and price. Those morons at Dodge must have bumped their heads the way they have priced the challenger.

I agree..why would you pay 40k + for a srt8 when you can get a camaro for 34k? I am surprised we havent seen big sales with the challenger. I drive by a dodge dealer on my way to work and i have seen the same challenger sitting on a podium for over a month. idiots
Sctrjn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #51
spooky
spooky

Drives: camaro
i'd say i would keep it about the 3-6 year period, then move on... maybe.
spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #52
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
My first new car I drove for 9 years. #2 was used, 3 years old when I bought it, and I drove it for 11 years. #3 is what I am driving now 7 years old. I would keep driving it if it was not for the Camaro. I KEEP CARS FOR A LOOOOOOG TIME.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #53
321LATER
321LATER

Drives: 2019 White ZL1 (On Order)
For me it is not a matter of getting tired of it but wanting to take advantage of a newer version of the Camaro with it's updated and upgraded features. I will give it a few years but would consider upgrading when the time permits.

It will always be a CAMARO.
321LATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:07 PM   #54
Igottahaveone
Car lover

Drives: '10 Challenger RT Classic
I selected forever. My 1st car was a '67 lincoln continental(beater), 2nd was a '66 Lincoln Cont.(wrapped around a tree), had 3 ford thunderchickens(an 84, an 87 and a 97 being 1st new car I ever bought.) I had that 3 years, saw the 2000 Monte SS and I had to have it. Here we are 9 yrs later and its this Camaro I dream about. This one is a keeper for sure.
Igottahaveone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:18 PM   #55
SSCamaroNC

Drives: 02 Z28 Camaro, future 2010 SS2
Can one get tired of their camaro? When I got my 02, I had planned on forever when they stopped making them but they brought it back so. I agree with some others, wanting the new upgrades will be the only thing that makes me want to trade in. Plus I've been lucky with mine no real trouble or damage and I've had mine for almost 7 years ( I know thats not a very long time). Gotta take care of your baby!
Old 03-31-2009, 04:30 PM   #56
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
I can't even imagine getting sick of my camaro since I haven't even seen it yet! The waiting game is getting old.
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote