Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #1
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
Let's do this!

Well, we know the company saga of Pedders and Pfadt. I have Pfadt springs and had wonderful plans to build up Pfadt piece by needed Pfadt piece until I reached a nirvana state. Then, I found that based on my current car situation (drives like ass on rutted roads due to R6P subframe bushings and quite a bit of rear camber) I could convince the wife I "needed" a suspension makeover to "fix" some self-inflicted issues with the lowering springs.

So after some help from Chase & Victoria @ Apex and Keith @ BMR , I placed and received most of my order to start shoring up rear-end! I also figured RED would show off a bit when you sneek a peek under my CGM skirt.

Parts installed/ordered/received:

Installed - Pfadt lowering springs

Received - BMR ("old design") non-adjustable shortened lower control arms (TCA028)
Received - BMR non-adjustable trailing arms (TCA026)
Received - BMR outer trailing arm bushings (BK006)
Received - BMR adjustable toe rods (TR003)

Ordered - BMR Rear Cradle Bushing Kit, Full Bushing, Pro Version (BK024)
Ordered - BMR Front & Rear Sway bar kit (SB030)
Ordered - BMR End Link kit (ELK004)

This weekend I'll put her on my rack and drop her rear. Bushings 1st (should be here on Friday if UPS doesn't lie), and toe rods while she is down. Then back up and remount the subframe. I will then start removing and replacing parts.

I figure the sway bars should be arriving some time next week which may be long enough for me to go in and get the alignment done. Then back on the lift for the bars and end links. WooHoo! I'm stoked.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Chris, you got some great parts there!!! Just be advised, we are currently backordered on the BK024 Cradle bushings, and are expecting 10-12 business days before we get them in-stock. So, if Apex had them in-stock for you that's great!!! Otherwise, you might be waiting a little bit on those to arrive!!! Hopefully, he had them!?!?!

The only other bushings you might consider are the BK039 Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings, and Diff Bushings. We just released a new Diff. Kit (BK046) that's on our website. It has two Pro-Version Poly bushings, and one Delrin Bushing for the diff cover, since that is the bushing that takes most of the abuse. It's a really good set!!!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #3
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Maybe later on those...but truly thanks for the suggestion. I figure as a stock hp auto, I probably won't be abusing those bushings much....for now.

Add more ponies, add more bushings.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS View Post
Maybe later on those...but truly thanks for the suggestion. I figure as a stock hp auto, I probably won't be abusing those bushings much....for now.

Add more ponies, add more bushings.
Yeah, since you're an auto, you could probably wait on the others for now. And according to our system, your cradle bushings have shipped....you must have got our last set that we had in-stock!!! Lucky Guy!!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #5
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Sometimes, even a blind squirrel...etc. etc.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #6
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
You might try Whiteline cradle bushings. They are 90 durometer urethane, same people that make Pedders. I just installed them myself last weekend. here is the link

http://www.whitelinesuspensionparts....sp?prod=W93193
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #7
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

^thanks for the option Early...but I'll try the BMR set first and see how they function.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #8
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyApex View Post
You might try Whiteline cradle bushings. They are 90 durometer urethane, same people that make Pedders. I just installed them myself last weekend. here is the link

http://www.whitelinesuspensionparts....sp?prod=W93193
I'm going to order these how was the install

Just saw your other thread , good info

Last edited by Black Knight; 03-13-2014 at 10:44 PM. Reason: .
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #9
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Back on point...this BMR install is almost complete. Bad weather moving in so left the car on the rack waiting for the anti-sway bars and end links.

The bushing install was uneventful. A sawzall and a few wacks with a BFH and they pushed out. In went the lubed poly bushings without issue. Don't forget to pop off the end caps and reuse.

Got the toe bars out then in while the cradle was out.
Got the trailing arms out. Used the push method on the outer bushing as in the video. No drama, just fun with wrenches.
Got the LCAs out then in. The shock is a bitch to line up by yourself, but doable.

Lubed up with a grease gun full of the synthetic recommended, swapped out some zerks that wouldn't hold grease in against pressure and that's where I stopped.

More later when the bars are in. Maybe pictures too.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Congratulations!! Sounds like you did a good job. Looking forward to pictures!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #11
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Got a hiccup that I am trying to figure out. The sway bar mount on the LCAs is "backwards". I quotation backwards because the match the images on BMR's site, but are backwards to other install images I see. If I am to put the new endlinks between the gussets on the mount...they may not fit.

BMR: Gussets facing shock

Mine: Gussets facing shock

Web: Gussets facing inboard toward differential

Old 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #12
blazzin1

Hmmmm…..interesting!!! I'll ask tomorrow morning which way it is supposed to be!!! I see what you're saying though, there doesn't look to be much room in there between the gusset and the shock spring!!! Either way, I believe the end link is supposed to mount to inboard side of that gusset.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #13
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Either way, I believe the end link is supposed to mount to inboard side of that gusset.
Well, it won't fit with it as it is. I don't think the heim will bend that much.

But, is there a structural issue with it not being mounted on that side? I failed physics, but is the strength of the mount related to the down and up force the same on either side considering it is just a bolt and not a heim in a collar mount?

Old 03-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #14
blazzin1

No structural issues. Just mount the end link on the inboard side of the tab, with the nut in between the gussets.