Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #71
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
Do they still produce the svt? I haven't heard of one recently. Forgotten may be the important word.
The gt500 is an svt production. Ford bought the Shelby name and uses it to sell cars.

Oh and the ford Raptor. And the raptor 6.2. And the Taurus SHO. I believe they even had a hand in makin the new BOSS.

SVT is alive and kicking.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #72
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Wow this turned into a thread not worth playing on.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #73
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Now thats funny lmao.
Maybe the ZL1 should have a race key like the boss lol race key
Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #74
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
Do they still produce the svt? I haven't heard of one recently. Forgotten may be the important word.
How can you produce a SVT? lol. SVT is the special vehicle team not a car

SVT is anything but forgotten. The cobra emblem was originally licensed by Carrol Shelby. You can probably guess as to why they are now called Shelby's instead of cobra's even tho SVT still makes them. Look at the wheels or under the hood of any GT500 and you will see the SVT logo.

SVT is credited for the following vehicles.

1993 SVT Cobra
1993 SVT Cobra R
1993-1995 Ford F-Series#SVT Lightning
1994-1995 SVT Cobra
1995 SVT Cobra R
1996-1998 SVT Cobra
1998-2000 SVT Contour
1999-2001 SVT Cobra
2000 SVT Cobra R
1999-2004 Ford F-Series#SVT Lightning
2003-2004 SVT Cobra
2002-2004 SVT Focus
2005–2006 Ford GT
2007–present Shelby GT500
2010–present Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
Old 11-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #75
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
The gt500 is an svt production. Ford bought the Shelby name and uses it to sell cars.

Oh and the ford Raptor. And the raptor 6.2. And the Taurus SHO. I believe they even had a hand in makin the new BOSS.

SVT is alive and kicking.
Let's not point out the SHO but I guess that is what happened to svt, Shelby sells better...
Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #76
dangjohnny

For all of you Ford haters out there. Did you know that the BMW M-division was created by a Ford racing guy? You should start hating BMW M3's now too.

"By the early 1970s, BMW’s image was solidly linked to high performance, and the board of directors decided the company should control its motor sports destiny. On May 1, 1972, the tiny Sports department was replaced by BMW Motorsport — the first in a wave of factory “tuner” divisions — bursting with 35 employees under the supervision of Jochen Neerspach.

Mr. Neerspach, 33 at the time, had been a driver for the Porsche factory racing team and manager of Ford’s European racing efforts. He immediately set his crew to building a version of the 2002, powered by a 16-valve 4-cylinder engine, for rallying.

For touring car racing, the 3.0 CSL was created. Based on the 3.0 CS luxury coupe, the CSL carried aluminum body panels and a 3.3-liter twin-cam version of BMW’s in-line 6. The car won the European Touring Car Championship six times in 1973-79 and was the first car to wear the blue, violet and red stripes that, alongside a stylized M, became Motorsport’s logo.
"

article from
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/au...tter.html?_r=0
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #77
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB

I see the resemblance. Be proud. Very proud.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #78
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #79
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
LOL, thanks for the belly laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post

Old 11-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #80
GrabberB5.Slow

Drives: 2011 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Everyone has their own opinions, but I don't think anyone who has an 11+ Mustang is "jealous" of a Camaro.

I don't think "Jealously" is the word to describe anger toward Camaros, atleast not for me. ALOT of 10+ Camaro owners around here are stuck up assholes that think their car is the best looking car on the road. Especially young kids with their LTs.

4th Gen owners (Around here anyway) on the other hand, are the most awesome group of guys I've met. One of my best friend's has a 4th Gen SS. He'll even tell you a lot of the 5th Gen owners are stuck up, brand loyal assholes that do nothing but rev at you. Don't get me wrong ALOT of Mustang owners are guilty of the same thing though. Both sides have those uneducated, brand loyalists that make all of us look bad.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #81
dangjohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberB5.Slow View Post
Everyone has their own opinions, but I don't think anyone who has an 11+ Mustang is "jealous" of a Camaro.

I don't think "Jealously" is the word to describe anger toward Camaros, atleast not for me. ALOT of 10+ Camaro owners around here are stuck up assholes that think their car is the best looking car on the road. Especially young kids with their LTs.

4th Gen owners (Around here anyway) on the other hand, are the most awesome group of guys I've met. One of my best friend's has a 4th Gen SS. He'll even tell you a lot of the 5th Gen owners are stuck up, brand loyal assholes that do nothing but rev at you. Don't get me wrong ALOT of Mustang owners are guilty of the same thing though. Both sides have those uneducated, brand loyalists that make all of us look bad.
Nice car. Ford always has good blue colors. I really liked sonic blue.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #82
GrabberB5.Slow

Drives: 2011 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUBslow View Post
Nice car. Ford always has good blue colors. I really liked sonic blue.
Haha, thanks buddy. I fell in love with this color when I saw it.

You're car's pretty sick too man. I usually hate blacked out cars, but the 5th Gen pulls it off so well.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #83
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Back to some of the original topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
I think that only because the mustang has basically had the same body since 05, so its a bit outdated now. Now, the Camaro just came out on 09/10 and its something new and fresh and many people love it! (just how most loved the Mustang at first)

What I've always wondered is why the Challenger didn't sell as much as the Mustang or Camaro did. I personally think it looks a lot better than the Mustang and its really close to the Camaro in looks.

I think as far as the challenger sales go it was pretty easy choice.. a lot of people quoted slow and cost too much which are both true but it looks great.. the problem and the drop off occurred when you couldn't do anything to them. Me personally I had a list of mods in my head before I even went to find my camaro. Most muscle car guys whether your poison is GM performance , ford racing/SVT, or MOPAR are already thinking of how to "wake up" or make your car faster. Chopping, rodding, and modding the car are what most of us gearheads like most. When the Chrysler group took that away their sales plummeted.

That being said now that Diablosport cracked the tuning issue and Chrysler released at SEMA this week that they are releasing tuning logic you will see their sales rise as the faithful come back and also some new buyers. Those HEMI's have so much potential and soon we will all be able to see it at the track or on the highway if that's your kind of racing. I personally saw a couple challenger owning buddy's break into a happy dance when I told them the news lol

My .02 for whatever its worth
Old 11-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #84
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH

Drives: 2016 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post

Let's see, how does it compare to the 2003-2009 Camaro?

Be proud. Be very proud.

Closed Thread