Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
Xenix

Drives: 2017 2LT RS, Black, NPP
Parking outside in Arizona.

My Camaro is parked outside on the driveway, and everyday I walk to my car, I can see dust on it. And then this morning, it was somewhat foggy, so there were some moisture on my car, moisture + dust made some parts of my car looked like it had just been drizzled on.

Do I just wipe the whole car everyday with a microfiber?

How does one deal with this? Anyone else who lives in AZ also experience this?
Xenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Trade it for a Silver Ice Metallic... you won't notice it nearly as much (or often). You wanted black - you now have all the joys of trying to keep it clean!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #3
SR71

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Yeah I'm in the same boat, even garaged mine gets dirty fast. There really isn't a trick to it, washing the car is the only way I know and its dirty 10 minutes later. But I still wouldn't pick any other color.

Last edited by SR71; 01-20-2015 at 03:37 PM. Reason: .
SR71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
Xenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Trade it for a Silver Ice Metallic... you won't notice it nearly as much (or often). You wanted black - you now have all the joys of trying to keep it clean!
Bu-but black car looks the best.. Haha

I was just wondering if there is like a duster I could use. I read that wool duster is better than California duster?

Responsibility of owning a black car :/
Old 01-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #5
Xenix

Just found this video from Junkman. I'll follow his instructions.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #6
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenix View Post
My Camaro is parked outside on the driveway, and everyday I walk to my car, I can see dust on it. And then this morning, it was somewhat foggy, so there were some moisture on my car, moisture + dust made some parts of my car looked like it had just been drizzled on.

Do I just wipe the whole car everyday with a microfiber?

How does one deal with this? Anyone else who lives in AZ also experience this?
Definitely do not wipe away with a microfiber. Best method is to use a waterless wash product to safely remove the dirt/dust. I would also highly suggest against using that California dust mop, that's essentially dragging the dirt along your clear coat.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #7
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Get a car cover to protect your paint from dust, birds, humans, and the hot sun which will destroy your paint eventually.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #8
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
Get a car cover to protect your paint from dust, birds, humans, and the hot sun which will destroy your paint eventually.
I would advise against this statement. Car covers cause more harm than good. It's the fast and easiest way to produce swirl marks on your vehicle. The sun is not going to do harm if you have your car properly protected with a sealant and wax.

OP, take a look over in the detail section if you are truly concerned about your car's paint. If you don't care about swirls on your clear coat then you can do just about anything and won't have to worry.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Do Not Wipe Dust From Your Car With A Microfiber!!!
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #10
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
This is the norm in Arizona and always will be, even worse during the hotter 6 months of the year when rain is not often. It is the reason I will never again own a black car in AZ. Not sure how long you lived here but being her for 35 years I will tell you, it takes about the length of a movie for a car outside to have dust lay. The answer you don't want to hear is you must rewash everyday to get it off, do not wipe it(which is what most that park outside here result too) I always tell everyone take a good look at your scratch free glass black car at the dealer cause if your in AZ and its outside it will never look that good again. dust will settle on your car in this state everyday, black is the worst color you can have for AZ. I will agree it looks amazing clean as a whistle in the show room or in a garage bubble, but if you don't have those means it will always have a brown film.. get used to washing or trade it for something lighter. Been there done that over the years with two black trucks.. never again buddy..

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #11
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
I deal with the same issue with my black Silverado. It's unavoidable.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:41 PM   #12
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
I've used those "California" dusters with moderate success.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:21 PM   #13
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
California Duster and 1 gallon of Meguilars Last Touch detailer spray. <-- Gallon lasts 6 months.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:59 PM   #14
Lndryguru

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I am in vegas car sits in the garage not a daily driver and with door being sealed still is dusty guess its just the desert

Tags
arizona, dust, dusty