Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #29
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
currently no incentive from GM on Credit union discounts for the Camaro. Just USAA and military pricing.
Sorry bud but GM is offering Credit Union Discounts. Many people here have done it. You can also go to https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cud and see for yourself so please stop giving out misinformation.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #30
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
fixxx - whoever told you that there is no military discount is full of sh*t I got my military discount just last month and it is still current. I would leave that dealer and go to someone who will honor the discounts! Trust me it is worth it to check out someone else!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #31
dave5514

Drives: 1998 Z-28 (SOLD)
Here are a few questions:

1. I am a USAA member but do they have to finance to get the discount? Or do you just show the USAA member card and IF they honor it, bam?!

2. RETIRED military I believe does NOT get the GM Military Discount. I signed up on the website and can get the code, but no weher did I see retired. Only Active Duty or Reserve I am 99.9% sure eligible.

Hey, if the USAA discount will be honored by my Dealership (Serra Chevrolet in memphis), that puts me at if not over the 20% downpayment mark! Yeah!

Thanks for any advice / clarification on the above.
dave5514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #32
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I switch to USAA insurance once I got a VIN number. (I don't finance with them either.)

The first night I got my car home the dealership called and said the could cut me a check if I could give them my membership number. Once I told them I did not have a card yet they told me that you had to be a member for at least 30 or 90 (can't remember exactly) days so they couldn't help but were trying.

Found out later that my policy number on my insurance card was the same as my membership number.

This should help answer your first question.

Last edited by Jay_LHD3; 10-28-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #33
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave5514 View Post
Here are a few questions:

1. I am a USAA member but do they have to finance to get the discount? Or do you just show the USAA member card and IF they honor it, bam?!

Hey, if the USAA discount will be honored by my Dealership (Serra Chevrolet in memphis), that puts me at if not over the 20% downpayment mark! Yeah!

Thanks for any advice / clarification on the above.

You do not need to finance through USAA to get the $750. I logged on at the dealership and printed off a profile page to prove membership.

However I'm not sure why you wouldn't finance through USAA they are the best!!!

Oh yeah... this is USAA we are talking about... there is no IF... they WILL honor it. It's no sweat off the Dealers back since they are not the ones honoring the 750 even though it might look like they are.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #34
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Dave, you don't have to finance with usaa. Just have to show proof that you are a member. Since GM is the one paying the 750 it is technically free money for the dealers as advertisment. GM actually utilized the status that usaa has to drawn its members to the GM brand. Good thinking The bad news is that retired do not get the discount...which I personally feel is sh*t since you already did over 20yrs for your country. Sorry Dave.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #35
QuoteWarz

Drives: 2009 Camaro
It's good to see these dealers taking care of people on this forum.
QuoteWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #36
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
Is this any better than supplier pricing?
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #37
submcpo
No more car seats=Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro-CGM 2LT/RS/AT6/Sunroof
If you are Militatry, go to GM website and register. You will get a go code. GM gives this discount and they give you a code you give to the dealer. This does apply to the 2010 Camaro. I know because I got supplier price which what the military pricing comes to. I cannot remember if all dealers must honor it. When you register, there will be plenty of dealer info and you can select a dealer then. If a dealer doesn't honor it...go to a different dealer. There are crap dealers, okay dealers and great dealers. Ask around and someone can give you a reference for one in your area..or out of your area.

In the Charleston, SC there are lots of dealers. Most suck, one is okay, and one is GREAT!

I would be happy to give a reference.

In fact:
MARCHANT Chevrolet in Ravenel, SC.
Google their web site, they will take orders from anyone.
Vern Black is the guy to talk to.

They are country folk and you won't find a better group of people.
submcpo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, discount