Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #29
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
Just give me or Scotty your VIN. We can tell you if they are back ordered or not.. How you think Pink Camaro got her's?
can you do me a favor and let me know if the front driver side door speaker is really on back order?

2G1FT1EW7A9103081
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #30
Bert
synergy-green with envy

Drives: Cam....ry :-(
hmmmm . . . this is a little discouraging in what it implies about the "new GM" . . .

if a company really cares about its customers, which takes priority: taking care of the people who already bought your product, or selling more to other people?

I wonder if Toyota would give priority to new sales over existing customers?
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #31
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
GM can't help if some dealerships are idiots.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #32
armando416

Drives: Camaro 2SS IBM/Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
you do know if they give you just one person the part you need, they need to do it for everyone...

and before long, there's an issue with production.

believe me, i know the wait hurts (i've been waiting for a speaker to come in since oct) but it's in the better good of all concerned (current and future owners) that things go the way they're supposed it.
You know as much as I love this car, I do think sometimes people just cut GM way too much slack because they are TOO in love with it. I think the parts problems with the car could have been foreseen, and it is going to leave a bad taste in peoples' mouths when it comes time to choose their next car. There have also been some problems with the fit and finish/attention to detail on the Camaro that people just seem to brush off because we should all just 'go easy' on GM and give them a break. Quite frankly these sort of constant issues are why their market share has steadily trended downward to begin with... I could honestly see GM being a much more minor player than they are now in 10 yrs. Just my 2c
armando416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #33
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

I think most of us understand that this is the production of a new car and things are bound to go wrong. People maybe go easy because it's a camaro, their dream car, they waited so long for it, etc, but i don't think it's a GM thing.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #34
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by armando416 View Post
You know as much as I love this car, I do think sometimes people just cut GM way too much slack because they are TOO in love with it. I think the parts problems with the car could have been foreseen, and it is going to leave a bad taste in peoples' mouths when it comes time to choose their next car. There have also been some problems with the fit and finish/attention to detail on the Camaro that people just seem to brush off because we should all just 'go easy' on GM and give them a break. Quite frankly these sort of constant issues are why their market share has steadily trended downward to begin with... I could honestly see GM being a much more minor player than they are now in 10 yrs. Just my 2c
I think some of you are being a little one-sided. I have had friends who have COMMON imported cars that have been on the market for over a year, and they couldn't get a part for months.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #35
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
yeah I had a small issue getting a new headlight as well. It ended up being the idiots at my dealership. They were still telling me they couldn't get me a headlight, after another dealership in the same town ordered one for me and already received it. So, if you don't get one soon, call another dealership and have them look up the part number just in case.

I am also still waiting on a new speaker since late August.
Is there problems w/ the speakers?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #36
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
Is there problems w/ the speakers?
I still have problems with mine, I can't have my bass higher than 4, or it sounds like my car is blowing up.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #37
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
I'm not from California, i've barely lived here a month.

and i was obviously talking about the headlight coming from a warehouse.
WOW, You moved crossed country.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #38
dannkimmel

Drives: 1lt,rjt,m6 &2004 harley
i worked for gm for 25 years and for about 10 of those years i was helping to make some really old parts for cars all the way back to the
50s.(electric motors ,wipers, headlight motors)
when they started just in time delevery around 85 i think it was invantories went from months on hand to days or weeks.so im gonna guess with j i t there are no extra parts to ship...should they have some avalable for crashes? i think yes...
i now work for a harley davidson dealer and i have seen the same thing happen with a new part on back order...and hd DID pull a part off the line and ship it ...often overnight!!! they (hd)really try to take car of ther customers if gm would put half as much effort as hd does in to customer satisfaction the plant i worked for might not have closed.......
i have also seen brand new bikes pulled off the show room floor to supply a part for a customer it CAN be done and it impresses the customer alot ....and they come back.......im not bashing i stick up for gm almost every day! to me the old saying as goes gm so goes america is still true to a lesser amount now but....the country went bankcrupt gm went bankcrupt..things are getting better slowly gm is getting better slowly......
just some thoughts.

dreaming of my first camaro.a 1lt.....
dannkimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #39
DBrown21

Drives: Black 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike12345 View Post
Ha, no dealer would rip apart a new camaro to take parts off to repair yours. They arent running a junkyard.

If It takes 3-4months to get a car, why should a new owner wait even longer because your mechanic broke a headlight? It sucks but its a backordered part and you have to wait. I'd be pissed at the mechanic, Try to get something from them as compensation.
my mechanic didnt break my headlight the girl that hit my car did
DBrown21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #40
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Damn this thread is a mess.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #41
kutch720

Drives: Camaro 1LT RS
Lots of bad talk about GM and look what you bought. GM has alot of issues on the table and Camaro parts are probably not on the top of the list. I would blame your dealer for not getting in touch with the right people. Also there are alot of people that go in and out of a dealership looking for parts and getting there car serviced. Just because you bought a Camaro does not make you anymore important than the guy who brought in his Malibu for parts and service. There are other customers too!!!! There are plenty of people around here I am sure would help you out and point you out in the right direction if the dealership is giving you the run a round. Also a little work on your end might help also.
kutch720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #42
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Damn this thread is a mess.
^^^ What he said.

Ok boys and girls- here's the short and long of it. (for better or worse)

The entire Camaro line is set up JIT (just in time). If you need a replacement part and none are available, they will NOT pull it off the line. What happens is your order goes in with the next "stock" order for the line. Sometimes you catch it just right depending on the part and it's only a few days to a week; other times, they just got their line shipment in and the next isn't due in for a month depending on the part.

Some dealers are finally getting smart enough to order what they see as common parts knowing that the wait could be extensive; but some are also charging extra for a stocking fee- they really shouldn't but some do.

In any case, even with the JIT, I would expect within the next 6-12 months that most dealers will have 3-5 day access to the most "commonly damaged" parts- rims, headlight assemblies, side mirrors, rear bumper, etc.