Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #85
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I just bought two tires from you guys and the Camaro5 coupon did nothing. fyi.
I knew this already, I'm not using the link to get a discount (although it would be nice). Taken from the first page.

Quote:
There is not however a "C5 discount"- everyone pays the same price.
What this does is every time someone buys something from Tire Rack and uses the Camaro5 code, Tire Rack pays Camaro5 6% of the sale which helps keep the site up and running. This is why I'm using, to support Camaro5.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #86
Rudy@Tirerack

Drives: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I just bought two tires from you guys and the Camaro5 coupon did nothing. fyi.
Yeah it does not give you a discount but by doing that you helped a portion of the sale go back to help keep Camaro5 up and running.

Thanks everyone for your orders!
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #87
HPSSboy1

Drives: white Camaro with exhaust and intak
New Rims and Tires

hi i am new to this website and am still getting used to it, i joined because i have a lot of questions about my Camaro i know a lot already but i am no expert, i am 16 years old and i got a 2010 camaro SS last year and so far i have put kooks headers, kooks high-flow cats, and Corsa cat-back exhaust and a Cold Air Inductions air intake. but i am looking to put a Whipple 2.9l supercharger, Comp cams hydraulic roller camshaft, Comp cams pro magnum hydraulic roller lifters, and a new CAI intake, also i was going to get the Diablo sport t-1000 tuning chip and all this i've estimated to range in the low 700hp range when i am do and i need wider tires so i'm not sliding around on the pavement all day when I'm going to and from school, i also want new rims to give it that baddass look that everyone loves in modern day muscle the first set of rims i have considered are the bbs ch-r black rims but i don't know if they will fit the tires i want or if the tires i want will rub the inside of the fenders when i turn or hit bumps because i live in dallas and here the roads are shit.
so if you have any suggestions the tires i were looking for were 325/25/20 in the rear and 285/30/20 in the front. Thank, you
HPSSboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #88
maxx210

Drives: EVERYTHING BLACK 1SS/RS
This is most likely a dumb question, however, I will ask it anyway. Is it possible or feasible to have the same size rim all around so that rotation of tires is possible for longer wear life? If not, what are the reasons why it would not be recommended? The dealership said they didn't recommend even rotating tires from side to side on the Camaro. I don't mind spending a bit on the front end for some cool rims and tires if I can rotate them and they last longer. Saving me more money long term. Thanks for all help.
maxx210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #89
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx210 View Post
This is most likely a dumb question, however, I will ask it anyway. Is it possible or feasible to have the same size rim all around so that rotation of tires is possible for longer wear life? If not, what are the reasons why it would not be recommended? The dealership said they didn't recommend even rotating tires from side to side on the Camaro. I don't mind spending a bit on the front end for some cool rims and tires if I can rotate them and they last longer. Saving me more money long term. Thanks for all help.
Yes, you can have the same size rims all around.
I'm looking for another set of polished 9'' rear rims for the front of my Camaro now so I can have the same size all around, and for more grip up front, looks and rotation.
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #90
Rudy@Tirerack

Quote:
Sure you can do it. Let me know if I can help you set it up. You should really get new wheels and tires to do it this way correctly.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #91
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I have 20X9 on all four corners with an offset of +27 on the rims and I want to go with a 285/40-20, is this do'able other that the speedo being off and other issues that might occur.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #92
maxx210

Spoke with my tire guy the other day, he has been in the business for 30 plus years and said it might cause handling issues putting same size rims and tires on the front as back. Went by Big Ten this past Wednesday looking for additional info. Big Ten told me it would more than likely cause issues with the ABS and the dealer may have to change or tune something involving the car's computer so as to not have this problem. Is there not a for sure "yes or no"? I am getting contradictory info, and it is confusing. If I could have an explanation as to how the car would drive beter/worse or no change if I were to go this route it would be wonderful. I dont want to spend a lot of money on this type of thing, and it make the car drive worse.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #93
MustbeaCamaro
MustbeaCamaro

Drives: "La Bamba" 2SS/RS Blue Ray Met 1LE
Thanks

Looks like I will be using the Rack to buy my all seasons in the future.
MustbeaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #94
Rudy@Tirerack

Quote:
Spoke with my tire guy the other day, he has been in the business for 30 plus years and said it might cause handling issues putting same size rims and tires on the front as back. Went by Big Ten this past Wednesday looking for additional info. Big Ten told me it would more than likely cause issues with the ABS and the dealer may have to change or tune something involving the car's computer so as to not have this problem. Is there not a for sure "yes or no"? I am getting contradictory info, and it is confusing. If I could have an explanation as to how the car would drive beter/worse or no change if I were to go this route it would be wonderful. I dont want to spend a lot of money on this type of thing, and it make the car drive worse.
You can run the same size front and rear with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustbeaCamaro View Post
Looks like I will be using the Rack to buy my all seasons in the future.
Awesome. I appreciate it!.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #95
maxx210

And it wont affect your ABS at all?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #96
Rudy@Tirerack

No it will NOT affect the ABS. What causes ABS issues is when you change the sizes front and rear and they get too far off in overall diameter.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #97
maxx210

ok cool, Thanks, Rudy. Would you all be able to get a pair of the OEM 20x9's that are on the rear of the SS/RS? I believe they are 20x9. Please correct if I am wrong. Mine are in the that gun metal/lightning grey or whatever Chevy calls it color. Price estimate with the TPMS included would be wonderful.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #98
Rudy@Tirerack

Unfortunately I do not carry the orginal equipment wheels. Sorry.