Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
yab14

Drives: camaro 14 1LTrs
question on 0 percent financing

Is there anyone else out there that had to start their insurance on a car they don't have just to get the 0 percent financing locked in.dealer said he would reimburse us once we got the car im waiting for the keyfob issue to clear. i put a $200 deposit on the car.they are a reputable dealer as I bought from them before.just wanted to know if anybody was in same situation I was in. thanks in advance for your replies.
yab14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
Camarodave66

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by yab14 View Post
Is there anyone else out there that had to start their insurance on a car they don't have just to get the 0 percent financing locked in.dealer said he would reimburse us once we got the car im waiting for the keyfob issue to clear. i put a $200 deposit on the car.they are a reputable dealer as I bought from them before.just wanted to know if anybody was in same situation I was in. thanks in advance for your replies.
Sounds strange, I have state farm, so I am automatically insured as soon as I buy the car. Do you already have insurance?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodave66 View Post
Sounds strange, I have state farm, so I am automatically insured as soon as I buy the car. Do you already have insurance?
Same here except Farmers.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
yab14

maybe you guys misunderstood .I have Geico on three of my other cars ,the Camaro is sitting at the car dealership for the past 2 wks. I had to insure it so I could get the 0% financing before the offer expired. I am waiting to get the new key that has to get fixed from the recall. It just seems strange that I have to pay insurance on something I don't have yet.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Camarodave66

Ok first why so long on the key. I signed for my camaro at about 6:30 pm and picked it up the next day. With the new key. As for insuring did you already sign the docs? If so you had to insure as in taking delivery to lock in the promo rate. So ya that is normal. The 0 % financing is a promotion, that has an expiration date.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #6
yab14

Never signed the documents the financing and numbers are all in place just waiting for the keys to show up.just put 250 down
so they wouldn't show the car to anyone else .as for the keys 3 other people are also waiting for them
Old 07-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
Camarodave66

Good deal. I wouldnt worry about the insurance.