Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
pcguy2u

Drives: 2009 Corvette ZR1
Some wiring questions - 14 SS - this is a test, LOL

I'm in the middle of a drastic restomod project and my donor car is a 2014 Camaro SS; when I disassembled it, it ran and drove.

Unfortunately I neglected to label some of the plugs on the wiring and possibly, I was not able to label one or two because the device(s) that they pugged into were missing from the car because of fender/front end damage.

Below are some photos of the items in question:

Pic # 1 is of a piece of wire with two identical plugs, one on each end. Itís located on the passenger side wiring harness for the curtain airbag near the top of the rear window. It seems to serve no useful purpose, is only taped to the outside of the harness cover and there are no connectors on the body at that point.
Pic # 2 is of a piece of wire with one plug and one ground wire connector. Itís located on the driverís side wiring harness for the curtain airbag near the top of the rear window. It seems to serve no useful purpose, this one is also taped to the outside of the harness cover, but it has some kind of inline device under the tape; there are no connectors on the body at that point.
Pic # 3 is of GM part number 92200775 (driverís side) Ė some kind of antenna (not to be confused with the one on the roof the wiring for which feeds from the passenger side). Itís located on the driverís side wiring harness for the curtain airbag near the top of the rear window. The question is where do the two plugs on the end of the black wire go? Once again, there are no connectors on the body at that point.
Pic # 4 is of a plug next to the passenger horn and there is no similar plug on the driverís side.
Pics # 5 is of a purple plug down stream from the front impact sensor and temperature sensor. I thought is might belong on the bottom of the radiator somewhere, but I didn't see anything.

Hopefully some of you guys know what the purpose is of at least some the connectors.

Appreciate any help on this,

Nick
Attached Images

pcguy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:32 PM   #2
pcguy2u

Ok, figured out that 1, 2 and 3 are both part of the rear window defroster and part combination with the radio antenna. The difference between that antenna and the one on the roof escapes me?
Old 09-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
pcguy2u

And #5 connect to the hood latch.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #4
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy2u View Post
Ok, figured out that 1, 2 and 3 are both part of the rear window defroster and part combination with the radio antenna. The difference between that antenna and the one on the roof escapes me?
The roof antenna is for Onstar and telephone. The back window is for the radio.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #5
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2RSS 1LE
Cut the red wire! No wait, the green!

/no help
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote