Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #113
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Get a set of jackstands and put it up on them if you can.
I think finding a way to get a jack under there will be the biggest problem.

That sucks Number 3, I hate to hear that. I sure hope you find out who did it. I have a feeling you'd have a whole forum of people willing to this guy up.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:07 PM   #114
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
I'll be honest with you. Sounds like an inside job to me. Somebody perusing these boards possibly. Who else would have known about Number 3's car? Don't think the 18" wheels are worth much on the market. Unfortunately, this is what happens when you attract that kind of attention. You want celebrity status? There ya go! This is why I'm not in favor of popularizing things or releasing too much information on this site because you inadvertently turn members like "Number 3" into venerable targets of vandalism and theft. I remember when Number 3 was giving his review and did everything but release his home address. Who knows? Maybe he did. Before you get too excited about your Camaro, I think you people need to think about what you are inviting holistically as opposed to just the glamor and sheer excitement this car has right now. Take measures to protect yourselves. Sucks that it happened, but it could have been avoided.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:08 PM   #115
Dcrockett05

Drives: 2010 fusion (camaro bound someday)
thats sux really bad..... hope ur car is okay
Old 05-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #116
DCSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I'll be honest with you. Sounds like an inside job to me. Somebody perusing these boards possibly. Who else would have known about Number 3's car? Don't think the 18" wheels are worth much on the market. Unfortunately, this is what happens when you attract that kind of attention. You want celebrity status? There ya go! This is why I'm not in favor of popularizing things or releasing too much information on this site because you inadvertently turn members like "Number 3" into venerable targets of vandalism and theft.
/agree...although I'm sure all the posts were written while not thinking about something like this happening...it's human nature to think most people are good, but then reality sets in occasionally.

3800, Order produced 6-12-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 6-25-09
6000, Delivered to the customer 6-27-09
2SS Black/Black-RS-Auto-Sunroof
DCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #117
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
That is one benefit of living in LA. No matter what you have on your car, there will always be some car nearby with flashier wheels, guaranteed. Just put locks on your wheels and they'll move on to an easier, more inviting target. (No shortage of fools in this area who put thousands of dollars worth of rims on their beater and leave it on the street with no wheel locks).

It seems like it would take extra work to do this without leaving it on blocks. Ouch.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #118
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
At least they could have left cinder blocks. Sheesh. Looks like they went to great lengths not to damage the body of the car. Gee guys, thanks!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #119
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Um, garage anybody? You know, that thing attached to your house that protects your car from weather and criminals? Maybe people should keep their car in there at night?
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #120
therealjustin

Drives: SS
Yes, but it's terrible he cannot park his car outside his own house and not have to worry about a bunch of assholes taking his rims. I hope the car is OK.

I was just reading a post on NAGTROC about a GT-R getting it's rims stolen too. Seems it's happening more and more.

Hope they find them. Good luck!
therealjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:30 PM   #121
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Number3 Sorry to hear about your car I hope everything with the underbody is fine.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:31 PM   #122
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Maybe a fork truck or pallet jack could be used to lift the car without further damage...
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #123
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Would have not matter if your car was locked or not. They would have still gotten the rims, and the factory alarm is not shock activated. At least I do not think GM cars are....

Anywho, whoever took them did it for the rubber. Not the rims. The camaro comes with perralli's ? Even if not, they come with a decent enough tire that someone would take, re-sell cheap, and make a buck. Its the new "make a buck deal" A use tire shop will buy them no questions ask. As for your rims, they will sell em to. Someone looking for a Spare, or drag radials rims will get em in a heartbeat.

Always buy wheel locks with nice rims or tires. On my stang I have hub locks and wheel locks. The wheel locks also have a very unique key, that not any universal lock will fit.

If your feeling really good, use 2 wheel locks on one wheel.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #124
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGruff View Post
Um, garage anybody? You know, that thing attached to your house that protects your car from weather and criminals? Maybe people should keep their car in there at night?
Not everyone has a garage.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #125
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Reminds me of a story of a guy who broke into a women house who was a black belt in 3 martial arts. The guy got caught and started running away but she caught up with him. She kick his azz big time and put him in the hospital . Could u imagine telling the guys in jail ya i got my butt kicked by a girl lol. Hope who ever did this gets karma for this.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #126
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
I know you live in Michigan, and right now the economy is extra bad there, but by the background of your picture you live in a nice neighborhood. I personally have a 2 car garage the is alarmed with central monitoring and I have Infrared hidden camera's also. I set it off once and the cops were here before I could get in the house to hut it off and tell central monitoring not to send them...less than 3 minutes. Alarm you car, garage, and house. Better safe than sorry! I also like the alarm that rings in your pocket....NICE!!! Silent, so you can sneak up and beat the hell out of the crook!

I understand being cautious, But damn.......one night and bamm, the neighbors are all suspect....their kids or kids friends.

This was probably done for the tires more so than the rims....sorry for your trouble...now let's pray no damage has been done!! :(