Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #1275
Kevins89notch

Drives: Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath, and think about this logically.

If YOU were caught in a situation even REMOTELY similar, would you appreciate the internet hanging you out to dry with only one side of the information?

People have called for the executioner, when the case hasn't even been started!
The dealership clearly fails at customer service. I work in not only an industry, but a specific company that excels at customer service. I understand we're only hearing one side, but unless it's complete and 100% lies, the dealership dropped the ball big time.

I've said it before I think, but the very first step is 100% admitting that they ****ed up, and 100% promising to fix matters.

If I was the dealership owner, I would have been searching every possible place you can imagine for a similar car, and asking the OP is any of these satisfy him. I wouldn't dare suggest a sub par replacement. This is a major **** up, so I would go in knowing I'm going to lose some money initially, but hopefully make it up in the long term via a happy customer who will tell others how well I handled it.

If a replacement could be found, I would pay for transport of it, and cut a check for TT&L.

If a replacement can't be found, then they yes, I would offer up a new ZL1. Yes that's a 15K(according to someone here) difference. That sucks, but if that's what it takes, so be it. If that brings in a couple more sales over the next year, you'll recoup the money right there.

There is a difference between McDonalds level customer service, and at the Ritz Carlton. A high end customer ordered car demands the Ritz level, not McDonalds.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #1276
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I have no doubt this was an intentionally placed thread to force the dealer. I'm not going to say I disapprove of the option but in this case, as early as it was, yes, I think it was rotten. I think it's possible that it's why he does not have a new car on order.

And agreed. If the GM said that he's not very smart. Whether he feels that way or not.

Sounds to me like he went in to demand a new car and was told that they'd do their best to find an acceptable replacement. There is not doubt he sought a new car from the beginning.
Unfortunately, insurance companies and adjusters don't work that way.
Also unfortunate, is that it would've been in the dealer's best interest to do so, and as quickly as possible. I think in their haste to not have to be stuck with the entire burden, it all spiralled out of control.

The net result is a wild, out-of-control internet posse going after the dealer, and they don't even have all the facts in hand.

Right now, I'm pretty sure GM/Chevrolet has told BOTH parties to STFU and it will be handled.

It would be MOST WISE to do so...
Old 01-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #1277
smackdownCTSV

Drives: CTS-V
On AOL now. http://autos.aol.com/article/dealers...uring-joyride/
Old 01-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #1278
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Have any of you come up with a solid resolution...no?

THEN SHUT UP

carry on, had to get that out

Old 01-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #1279
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
This thread should be locked until everything is resolved....
Old 01-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #1280
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Well mine is obviously a minority opinion.

I think the dealer should have offered a brand new car. But I also respect that they hoped the Hoopers would be understanding. The Hoopers were not and were very rigid for a brand new car and took the dealers not buying them a more expensive car as an insult and went straight to the internet.

I think that's shitty. I would not have done that. I'd have made it clear that I'm not going to get screwed in this deal but as a business owner myself I feel for this guy. (dealer owner) He did not ask for this either.
PQ, while perhaps in the minority opinion (or at least minority of the masses that have posted on here, many seemingly ranting, waving pitchforks, and calling for the dealership to be dismantled and burned to appease the masses), I wanted you to be aware that there are others out there that have remained silent that agree with the primary sentiments that you have been stating.

I am actually embarrassed by the behavior that our community has exhibited. The community has taken arms up against the dealership and are attempting to destroy them based solely on the words of the OP with no regards to what the other side may or may not be doing. Folks here are taking the word of the OP as gospel based on his numerous posts to our community? (all of which are directly related to him wanting to get a new ZL1).

I feel very bad for the OP. He and his wife have been wronged by the former employee that took the car without authorization and destroyed it. They do need to be fairly compensated for this and I believe that the dealership would have worked with their liability insurance to make this right even without the pitchforks. However, the dealership was not given any time in order to even explore what a fair compensation would be prior to the OP using this forum (and "using" all of us) to start what appears to be a smear campaign in order to damage the dealership and force the result that the OP wanted.

I agree completely with PQ, that the dealership is a victim in this as well as the OP. I also agree with PQ that the dealership's liability insurance is the one that is ultimately responsible for paying out for damages, as this is what liability insurance is for. Additionally, I agree with PQ that had it been my dealership, I would have been bending over backwards to make certain that the OP's issue was resolved and left happy.

Is it possible that the OP misunderstood that the dealership stating that liability insurance was to cover the damage and not directly from the dealer was a statement that the dealership would do nothing for them? Possibly. The OP never really gave the dealership a chance to make things right ... they came on here with a specific agenda to get a new 2014 ZL1 and nothing else. In that regards, it appears that they are likely to get what they want. The forum sponsors here are also giving them more rewards by providing free upgrades as goodwill, and I applaud them their efforts, but think this also is rewarding poor behavior.

What I see here is a bunch of folks screaming that someone has to win and win big here. Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the case.

1) The OP does not win, because they just wanted their original car repaired under warranty and no longer have it.

2) The dealership lost big due to the unfair kneejerk reaction of the masses aimed at destroying them for not controlling their employees 24/7.

3) GM loses face due to the entire incident.

4) The entire forum membership involved in reading, posting, following this nightmare (myself included) have lost face for jumping in with many many feet without regard for even looking into the facts or considering that there might be more than one side to the story ... that there might be bias.

5) Insurance company loses paying for the loss.

6) Former employee loses job, and possibly more if criminal or civil charges end up going against him (as they should).

Lastly, I must further agree with PQ ... we all are stupider for having to listen to all of our posts on this ... may someone have mercy on our souls...
Old 01-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #1281
idon'tremember

Drives: pos s-10
Quote:
I have no doubt this was an intentionally placed thread to force the dealer. I'm not going to say I disapprove of the option but in this case, as early as it was, yes, I think it was rotten. I think it's possible that it's why he does not have a new car on order.

And agreed. If the GM said that he's not very smart. Whether he feels that way or not.

Sounds to me like he went in to demand a new car and was told that they'd do their best to find an acceptable replacement. There is not doubt he sought a new car from the beginning.
i beg to differ on that
dealer offered replacement car and $4k, hooper didn't like the options on the car os countered with make it $11k and car and left dealer to think that counteroffer over.
that night was when the hoopers paid for a carfax report and found out the history of the car. next day they contacted dealer about this and were then told by dealer take the dealers offer or not
Old 01-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #1282
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
This thread should be locked until everything is resolved....
im only interested in one persons posts...waiting to find the resolution

Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #1283
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
It is still an insurance claim no mater what way you slice it. insurance claims don't delvier you a brand new car they deliver monetary compensation.

Poeple can dream and wish all they want once you go through a couple you will realize that this is how it works. there is no magic that makes you come out at "0" loss.

I have even had a roomate total a car from me. I lost money on that deal as well.
I don't know about USA but in Canada my insurance carrier offers replacement value coverage at a reasonable rate. Which I always buy. They only offer it for the first two years on a new car. I was glad I had it in 04' I had a brand new ford lightning, 500Kms on it when a guy ran a red light and Tboned me. His insurance offered me 14000 less than I just payed for the truck, my insurance payed me the full amount and told me they'd deal with the other guys insurance
Old 01-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #1284
BrunSS

Drives: VR ZL 1
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/Vehicle...l&aff=national

Take a Look Guys ! Here is the Car listet in cars.com !
I guess its the Car they offered JHoop as compensation
Old 01-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #1285
BrunSS

Drives: VR ZL 1
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=4
Old 01-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #1286
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
I don't know about USA but in Canada my insurance carrier offers replacement value coverage at a reasonable rate. Which I always buy. They only offer it for the first two years on a new car. I was glad I had it in 04' I had a brand new ford lightning, 500Kms on it when a guy ran a red light and Tboned me. His insurance offered me 14000 less than I just payed for the truck, my insurance payed me the full amount and told me they'd deal with the other guys insurance
Actually on both my car and my truck I have the replacement coverage for 5 years. So if in the time I get into an accident and the car/truck are a write off, I get a replacement vehicle of the ORIGINAL sticker price of the vehicle. No questions asked. Makes life simple for me!
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
Old 01-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #1287
rraff
Banned

Drives: Roof & 4 wheels
I have a solution! Dealership offers new car, with condition - owner accepts title /payment plan as per pre 12/15/2013 dealer gets offer from insurance co. AND that is the dealers insurance offer NOT The Owner. Put in some cameras, this Ain't the first Rodeo at this Dealership. Dealer should STFU he be looking dumb ALL over the world. He might loose a few grand. Beats the "f" out of following "Bobby DeBore" of Valley Chevrolet in Medford Orygone
Old 01-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #1288
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Let Judge Judy decide this thing

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1