Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #407
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
Red face

Repost from a different thread....but I believe pertinent.

There will be no production supercharged camero per ED WELBURN Vice President GM in charge of global development.

NO supercharged Camaro is going to make production. there are a few running around he admits....but no production plans.

He said no Z28.

But Magnuson is up to the job.

Magnuson speaks about forced induction and emissions for the future.

I have an audio track from this week when I met up with Jerry and Maureen Magnuson at the Ventura Auto Sports Gathering in downtown Ventura Ca. on 7-20-08. Rather then just post up the mp3 I added some magnuson factory pictures to it and made a video.
He knew I was recording but I didn't want to just stick the camera in his face the whole time so I put it down and just let him talk (he seemed more fluent and relaxed that way) They are great people, really nice to talk to. Maureen invited me for a personal tour of their facility....and make no mistake... I WILL be going.

It's kinda interesting to hear what he believes the future holds for his company.

Thanks in advance,

Wm Holden

Video
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 PM   #408
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
isit possilbe you can find said thread??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #409
Wm Holden

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
isit possilbe you can find said thread??

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...442#post107442:seesaw:
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

Old 08-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #410
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Holden View Post
There will be no production supercharged camero per ED WELBURN Vice President GM in charge of global development.
Nope. But a supercharged CamAro might.

Look, I don't doubt that you heard what you heard, okay? So don't get me wrong. But I assure you ALL; the Z28 is NOT dead.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #411
Wm Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Nope. But a supercharged CamAro might.

Look, I don't doubt that you heard what you heard, okay? So don't get me wrong. But I assure you ALL; the Z28 is NOT dead.

typo me all you want ....I heard him say it.
I've been lookin around here and it's comin' from more then just me.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #412
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Enough with your posts about it being dead already. You already have your own thread about a dead Z28. Leave your UNCONFIRMED assersions out of this one. :bangdesk: :sm2:

To be frank, the only relavent thing you`ve demonstrated thus far regarding this topic is you know how to cut and paste; and at that, something that looks highly suspicious, IMHO. I appologize to the Mod`s and members for ranting. I`m just tired of reading posts like this that have no confirmation.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #413
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Nothing is ever truly dead. GM can change their minds in a instant "they do it nonstop everyday" Gm is in the business of making cars and making money to ranger Rick can get more bonus'es "i would love to tell him where to stick them as well, i would even help"

If they thought it was a good move to make a supercharged Z/28 then they would. Right now, there is really no need for it. Yes people want it, but i am betting %100 that they want the ramp up of camaros to be flawless with quality and fit and finish and with minimal defects per block released.

I would rather ship a car from my stall that has perfect quality then let one go with defects i know about.

Once the flow of the cars is going and we have hit the stride and are familiar with the new flexible lines they "GM" may see fit at that time to release the Z/28 with or without a supercharger. They know people want it, they know people will pay whatever it costs to have one. It will make them money, not a butt load as it will be a low volume car but it creates HUGE intrest in the brand. And really, thats what this is all about. Design awsome looking cars to wow people into the dealers to buy more GM products, "And slash blue the blue collar workforce because ranger rick needs a new mercedes"

Sit and wait on it, there is rumours flying around about models in the coming years, but rumours are rumours and you know how it goes.

I think Scott hit the nail on the head as usual.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #414
radz28
Petro-sexual

You're right. I'd rather make sure the car's right first. Still, some of us have a little hope left

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 08-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #415
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
typo me all you want ....I heard him say it.
I've been lookin around here and it's comin' from more then just me.
He conceded that you hear what you heard . . . now, there are others who have sources that say the opposite. What you heard and what they've heard cannot both be true. This means that some are either being told lies, or simply lying to us about what they've been told.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #416
Captainbob

Drives: 69 Z28, 71 vette,01 ZO6,GT500
Ok, I've checked w/ my local dealer.. Asked about the possibility of a S/C Camaro. I've been on the list for 2 yrs and am 1st in line for the Badboy.. He refered me to one of his partners who was involved in modding my ZO6.. He has not answered my question about the S/C.. This means he can not talk about it now.. Something is cookin thats for sure. To Smokn, your statement re: your disappointed that there maybe a factory S/C in hopes for aftermarket S/C. Just want to point out that once a factory S/C is in the mix the lower end will be beefed up for additional boost.. Allowing for a killer Camaro!! As far as having a GT500 killer.. hmm.. I've only boltons on my GT500 and am running 800 hp w/ 676 rwhp.. Decent gas milage and high 10's on the 1/4 mi.. Really guys thats gonna be tough to beat. Lets hope it in the ball park!
Hoping GM will do the right thing. Super charge the new SS.. So it will compete with the big dogs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnevMoEut_E vs. ZO6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2l25Q5AHc4 10.97 run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vML-dKHCcLg dyno vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtQEdfN-CA hole shot

Last edited by Captainbob; 08-05-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: typo
Captainbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #417
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainbob View Post
Ok, I've checked w/ my local dealer.. Asked about the possibility of a S/C Camaro. I've been on the list for 2 yrs and am 1st in line for the Badboy.. He refered me to one of his partners who was involved in modding my ZO6.. He has not answered my question about the S/C.. This means he can not talk about it now.. Something is cookin thats for sure. To Smokn, your statement re: your disappointed that there maybe a factory S/C in hopes for aftermarket S/C. Just want to point out that once a factory S/C is in the mix the lower end will be beefed up for additional boost.. Allowing for a killer Camaro!! As far as having a GT500 killer.. hmm.. I've only boltons on my GT500 and am running 800 hp w/ 676 rwhp.. Decent gas milage and high 10's on the 1/4 mi.. Really guys thats gonna be tough to beat. Lets hope it in the ball park!
That's what I need!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 08-06-2008, 01:14 AM   #418
Wm Holden

seeker of truth?

Old 08-06-2008, 03:14 AM   #419
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Repost from a different thread....but I believe pertinent.

NO supercharged Camaro is going to make production. there are a few running around he admits....but no production plans.

He said no Z28.

But Magnuson is up to the job.

Magnuson speaks about forced induction and emissions for the future.

I have an audio track from this week when I met up with Jerry and Maureen Magnuson at the Ventura Auto Sports Gathering in downtown Ventura Ca. on 7-20-08. Rather then just post up the mp3 I added some magnuson factory pictures to it and made a video.
He knew I was recording but I didn't want to just stick the camera in his face the whole time so I put it down and just let him talk (he seemed more fluent and relaxed that way) They are great people, really nice to talk to. Maureen invited me for a personal tour of their facility....and make no mistake... I WILL be going.

It's kinda interesting to hear what he believes the future holds for his company.

Thanks in advance,

Wm Holden

Video
Oh God, not this again.

Seriously...you either work for Magnuson (since almost all of your posts are about them), are trying to stir up more of "the world is ending" talk, or think you heard something making it into something it's not. You, yourself, even said you heard it, he alluded to it, someone else asked (but you asked), he said it (but he didn't because he shrugs his shoulders looking at you when he winked or nodded or ....something.......something like that. BUT, it was said differently in numerous posts which all had the same idea, but were inconsistent.

And speaking of typos....Dragon has a point. If you CARED about the name, brand, and mistake that was made in typing, you would have FIXED it..... seeing as though there's a LOT of CamAro enthusiats who truly CARE about how the brand name is spelled.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, Holden. But what's the point in rehashing all of this when you JUST went through it a couple of days ago???
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #420
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great KJ View Post
I'm crushed too. I love the Z28. The SS is great for the top dog of other models past, present and future but for the Camaro its the Z28. Send letters, write blogs, email your congressman to BRING ME THE Z
Don't bother writing your congressman. They go on vacation everytime something difficult needs to be done.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote