Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #29
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation
If you have your order number, go to the link below and post your order number with the state you live in and ask becky if she can give you the VIN number associated with the order number. Print that out, or write it down, if the car you go to get tomorrow doesn't match that VIN, walk away. Leave that dealer with now 2 identical cars sitting on their lot and take your business elsewhere.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...1115&page=1984

This is exactly what I would do. I would not accept anything but the car that was built for me. And even then, I would expect something extra for the bullshit (and lie) - maybe a car cover, spare tire kit... something.
...............the decision to accept of decline should be concluded on facts......not feelings. Follow the link the poster was kind enough to post...................you'll have the facts/truth then. Take the printed results of your research with you. Whether its this dealer or another............present the details before beginning or concluding your business relationship. Your current dealer will bend like the wind if you have proof that someone was untruthful, deceptive, or with held factual information. If you choose going elsewhere the info will assure you that the dealer will begin their relationship with you as a informed knowledgeable customer. Easy as pie..........Good Luck!
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #30
nyadk5thgen

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6 JRE cam & tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
The one you ordered should have less than 10 miles on it or close to it. The dealer trade car will probably have way more because most of the time, they drive them, not trailered. If it were me, I would want the car I ordered.
+1
nyadk5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #31
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
OK, first of all, the only reason you think it is not yours is because the websites say "in transit"? You think that the dealership is trying to pull a fast one? Paranoid much?
But let's just say that it was not the car you ordered. Who cares if it was a dealer traded car? As long as the car is exactly you ordered, what difference does it make? It isn't like it has been on the lot for months on end. Also, the factory doesn't do anything special for customer ordered cars vs. inventory cars. It isn't like they handle it with white gloves and assemble it all by hand. I swear, some of you make the biggest issues out of things that do not matter even a little bit.
My problem is the possiblility that the dealer is lying....why not just say, Hey we got another car in that's exactly what you ordered, do you want to take a look? Why lie about it and say it is THE car he ordered. I only get lied to once...after that any deal/customer relationship is off. Honesty is key. I install and manage business computer networks for a living. Sometimes the truth isn't what they want to hear and sometimes it's just what the doctor ordered.....doesn't matter....my job is to inform them so that they can make intelligent decisions. Not exactly the same situation, I know, but the principle is the same.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #32
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcclint View Post
Guys and gals,

I'm curious how you would feel about this situation. I can't prove this is happening yet but I'm just curious how you all would handle it.

Back in the middle of September i ordered a new 2014 2SS RS 1LE in Ashen Gray. The dealer messed up the order and placed it as a stock order rather than a customer order. The order was corrected around October 7 so that it was a customer order. So at this point i'm expecting my car either next week or the week after. I get a call this morning from the dealer saying my car is in and that they would like me to come get it tomorrow before the end of the month. So I say sure, I can do that and the dealer says they'll work with me on the additions i want
Exactly how would this fit in to your situation?

Quote:
because i really had not planned on going over til Saturday (no real reason just hoping for some incentives since they refresh on Friday).
Any chance of getting them to give you at least part of any incentives? Suppose it became physically impossible for you to get in there today . . .

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #33
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Any updates?

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #34
suzook

Drives: camaro
The ONLY problem I would have is the dealer lying. That's bullshit!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #35
NJIOMSS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Well.....did you buy it?
NJIOMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #36
2fullgarage
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 SS Vert
What happened to me was a little different (on my Mr2)... I found the exact car I built on another lot about 45 miles away.. not the dealership I built and ordered it thru. 2 things went thru my head.

- They were "ordering it" but were actually gonna get it from that dealer. OR the Dealer did not let me know that exact car was available within 45 miles.

I told the dealer who physically had the car that I would by it from THEM right now if they knocked something off or added something in. They knocked off $500 and thru in "tires for life"....after 2 tires a year for 5 years they killed that (they did not initially realize you could not rotate them staggered sizes and directional tread).

Might have been $1500 off, I can't remember...The original dealer was pissed but I got my deposit back

Bottom line .........get something out of the deal, I wanted the build sheet and all the coolness that comes from ordering "Your" car, but keep an open mind

2fullgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #37
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
But let's just say that it was not the car you ordered. Who cares if it was a dealer traded car? As long as the car is exactly you ordered, what difference does it make? It isn't like it has been on the lot for months on end. Also, the factory doesn't do anything special for customer ordered cars vs. inventory cars. It isn't like they handle it with white gloves and assemble it all by hand. I swear, some of you make the biggest issues out of things that do not matter even a little bit.
I agree. You get the car earlier. I could see you turning this exact car down, the dealer tells you the next day 'your car' is on-hold, or stuck in blah blah city, will be here in three weeks..maybe. Then you change your mind and want the first car, sorry, already sold.

what if this is Karma for getting a car ealier, that just happens to be exactly what you wanted and you turn it away. Why don't you look at this from a different perspective?
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #38
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
What ever happening.....
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #39
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Yea, no 1LE comes with just 3mi on the odometer. If you take a look at the 1LE section you'll see that they average 13-15mi. They have to drive the car to get the hood wrapped. Just FYI.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #40
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Never could understand why people start a thread and then don't follow up on there own thread?
Old 11-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #41
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
I hope you got exactly what you wanted. I wouldn't give jack up for a dealer - they'll screw you and lie to you every chance they get, no reason to give them any slack.

It'd be nice to be able to just conduct a pleasant business transaction with a car dealer, but I've never had one.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #42
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
Never could understand why people start a thread and then don't follow up on there own thread?
I would almost bet it was the car he ordered and it was just the tracking info was lagging.