Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Camaro vs Mustang Difference...

The main difference between our Camaros and the Mustangs... we don't need to send ours to Shelby to make them fast. :-)
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
1CamaroSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange
Now thats funny!
The only thing I don't like about GM right now is they are using our tax dollars(Bail out money) to move production of the Volt and some Cadillacs' to China and other countries...What a disappointment!

1CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
rayray11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Inferno Orange
Actually the Shelbys are built on the same assembly line as all the other Mustangs in Flatrock Michigan. So if you are going to compare 2013 Shelby Mustang will have OVER 600 Horse Power. Stock. Camaro ZL1, 550 Horse Power. Mustangs a little lighter also. Who would win? MUSTANG! If you have to tear someone else down to build yourself up you know your already inferior.
rayray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray11 View Post
Actually the Shelbys are built on the same assembly line as all the other Mustangs in Flatrock Michigan. So if you are going to compare 2013 Shelby Mustang will have OVER 600 Horse Power. Stock. Camaro ZL1, 550 Horse Power. Mustangs a little lighter also. Who would win? MUSTANG! If you have to tear someone else down to build yourself up you know your already inferior.
Yeah Shelby is just the name now. Everything is made on the assembly line... so yeah OP, I think you might want to reconsider lol.

However many hp the gt500 has though, it still has huge issues putting it down, which is not the case with the ZL1.

However, when the Gt500 comes out with independent suspension and being able to put some of the 650 hp down... let's just say that the ZL1 will have some catching up to do.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
kannon

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/M6
OP felt like stirring up some crap today I guess? FYI a stock 5.0 will beat a stock SS in the 1/4 so....

kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
unkillsam

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CamaroSS View Post
Now thats funny!
The only thing I don't like about GM right now is they are using our tax dollars(Bail out money) to move production of the Volt and some Cadillacs' to China and other countries...What a disappointment!
Wrong

GM is putting production capacity in China for domestic production, i.e. for China, they are not moving production of these cars destined for North American production to China.

Proof?

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...-china-110244/
unkillsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I want to hear about the '13 GT500's suspension. They're really gonna have to pull something amazing out of their "posterior-region" in order to compete with the ZL1 at the track. I love the competition that's being rebuilt between the two cars, all it does is force progress if they want to keep competing with each other, and thus almost guarantees a better car from both sides!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
The factory rated ZL1 is 580 HP, not 550. And, from early dyno testing, it looks like these numbers are still pretty conservative and that in reality its more like 600 crank HP.

I would agree with your comment but you missed some facts as well so we all need to settle down a bit.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
Fiftydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
Wrong

GM is putting production capacity in China for domestic production, i.e. for China, they are not moving production of these cars destined for North American production to China.

Proof?

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...-china-110244/
+1

Web makes everyone an expert

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Fiftydriver

Main difference between the two, our camaros just look better!!!

Stangs do not have that visual shock appeal in my opinion.

More to come!!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
rayray11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Yeah Shelby is just the name now. Everything is made on the assembly line... so yeah OP, I think you might want to reconsider lol.

However many hp the gt500 has though, it still has huge issues putting it down, which is not the case with the ZL1.

However, when the Gt500 comes out with independent suspension and being able to put some of the 650 hp down... let's just say that the ZL1 will have some catching up to do.
Thats funny, you've seen this yourself on the 13 Shelby. Since they aren't actually out yet. I'm sure we haven't even had one in Florida yet. Nor do I believe we ran any by you to get your opinion on them.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
rayray11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Main difference between the two, our camaros just look better!!!

Stangs do not have that visual shock appeal in my opinion.
The Shelby is awesome looking! But the Camaro is the best looking car ever in my opinion. Which is why I bought one.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
I have a 2011 SS Convertible and I have a 2011 GT 5.0 California Special Convertible. I don't care which is better. I don't want a Challenger however.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
unkillsam

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
+1

Web makes everyone an expert
Not necessarily the web, though that is part of it. A lot has to do with television pundits with an axe to grind. Hence why Bob Lutz has been on TV alot defending the Volt. I think that internally, GM believes that the reason the Volt missed it's US sales targets in the first year was due to a certain media outlet that kept on running negative stories 24 hours a day.
unkillsam is offline   Reply With Quote