Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Don't get me wrong, I want to know before then I think that the timeline that a couple people have already mentioned makes more sense now that I think about it. THE SOONER THE BETTER! I need to know if I need to trade in my '02 so I can start saying good-bye...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
I'm fairly positive that we'll be looking at $40-45k as the top of the line, fully loaded, GT500 killer... that's probably as close to $50k as the Camaro will get from the factory... because, honestly, you can get a Z51 Corvette for $54k, so getting to $45k is going to be some lofty air.

oh, and much like Dragon, I'm betting on an August information update and Indy Bash complete release
makes sense. i have alot of money to spend. well see
Old 03-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #17
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
makes sense. i have alot of money to spend. well see
How do you have "alot of money to spend" at only 19?
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #18
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
How do you have "alot of money to spend" at only 19?
He sold the shift keys off all of his keyboards.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #19
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
eh, possible. I know coal miners in my area who pull in 70k or more after taxes.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #20
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

He said he was 19 though, and went through college lol, and some of the stuff he has said (no offense, honestly, just clear this up when you get here) doesn't seem like he would be in the position of a career or a child prodigy that could have gotten through school quick enough to already be with a career. I saw him mention that he is going to make like $100,000 or something like that in a year? I suppose he could be a salesman?
Old 03-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #21
Emu the Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
He said he was 19 though, and went through college lol, and some of the stuff he has said (no offense, honestly, just clear this up when you get here) doesn't seem like he would be in the position of a career or a child prodigy that could have gotten through school quick enough to already be with a career. I saw him mention that he is going to make like $100,000 or something like that in a year? I suppose he could be a salesman?
took college classes in high school. got my first degree so atleast i got that to fall back on. landed a job at at&t. turns out when your multi lingual(tri in my case) ppl want you. i know it sound stupid, alot of people dont belive me but check my myspace and youll see the pictures of my job offer papers. let me know if you want to see it. ill have enough for a GREAT down if not buy it cash but im still debating it. if you read my post in automatic or manual thread you will see my argument about school and money. does this clear it up???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
He sold the shift keys off all of his keyboards.
LOL. +1 Very funny. I'm just lazy. The internet generation made me this way. But when it came to homework or when it comes to work I have a special keyboard for that.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:50 AM   #22
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

No thats cool I was just curious, what languages do you speak btw?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:54 AM   #23
Emu the Foo

english, spanish, and tagallo. long beach, CA is very influenced by those two and also cambodian. and i felt no need to learn the latter.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:56 AM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
sold the shift keys...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #25
Emu the Foo

i forgot to answer this. i am sort of a salesman. my base salary will be $64,223. but if i work 300% harder than reg every month i can make 90k. i manage the SALES( thats the some what salesman) and building of nodes to areas in need for the at&t dsl, and Umax/ U-verse. umax is at&ts television service. although not fiber optic it is i.p. based. thats where the nodes come in. the dsl and actually selling the umax is where i make the bukko bucks. i am responsible for about 30 at&t employees as well as numerous subcontractors. the other reason i got this job is because they didnt want to pay someone with more experience ALOT more money. for example, my boss makes a base salary of 110k plus how well we(the managers in my position on the 4 regions) perfom to get his commission. long story short is i hope to have my camaro soon. but i want my LS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #26
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
took college classes in high school. got my first degree so atleast i got that to fall back on. landed a job at at&t. turns out when your multi lingual(tri in my case) ppl want you. i know it sound stupid, alot of people dont belive me but check my myspace and youll see the pictures of my job offer papers. let me know if you want to see it. ill have enough for a GREAT down if not buy it cash but im still debating it. if you read my post in automatic or manual thread you will see my argument about school and money. does this clear it up???
He also lives in an area with a fairly high cost of living which forces employers (at least the ones who can't move or outsource) to pay higher wages. This tends to be a wash except in the case of commodity goods like cars and electronics that cost about the same everywhere and thus seem more affordable in these areas.

I can also say from personal experience that a sudden jump in income can stack up pretty fast until you adjust your lifestyle and find a way to spend it. Then once you get used to it you start wondering how you got by before.:( Fortunately my boss just gave notice last month and I have a pretty good shot at his job.

I have a friend who worked in a bank in college and says that he occasionally saw guys (presumably single MSFT code monkeys and the like) with over $100,000 in their (non-interest bearing) checking accounts because they don't know what to do with it.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #27
jhitson

Drives: 88 Camaro, 01 S-10, 06 G6 GTP
Run as far away from AT&T as you can. I learned the hard way. They tell you $90k, they really mean $60k and another $30k depending on how much crap your willing to take on at one time. If your skills are that marketable, keep looking, somebody will pay you a good bit more than AT&T is willing to.
jhitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #28
Emu the Foo

i thought that but verizon didnt want me. and also like grape ape says, i live in an area with an outragous cost of living. i mean milk is over $5 a gallon. wtf.