Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #211
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
great car bro ! deserves a COTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Nice way to get that 1000th Post. ROFLMAO "Cool." ROFLMAO
I had to make it a good one.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #212
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
Cmon man....I need a set of Forgestars and some Vert doors first. We all know that will get ya on the doorstep!

Quote:
I had to make it a good one.

"............neat."

ROFLMAO
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #213
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I want to see this car get COTW. It's WAY long overdue in my opinion. It's classy, unique, and looks mean as hell. What more could be wanted in a car.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #214
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I want to see this car get COTW. It's WAY long overdue in my opinion. It's classy, unique, and looks mean as hell. What more could be wanted in a car.
Thanks Killer! Really appreciate the loyalty and hard work to keep the whips inline!

I was about to make a prereq document for cars wanting to make COTW a while back. You know, something that would help point those wanting to win that award to some sort of scheme or prescription.

Seems like for a while it was cars with Forgestar F14s, then Lambo Doors, then Razzi Kits, then it just kinda went boom in everybodys face and all these randoms started to get it. There was even a couple cars in there with like, no build thread, newbs with double digit posts, cars that had been sold and not even active on the forums anymore....weird.

I like the random part of it, but there was one guy that we'd done a boatload of work for. Had a killer car for a loooooooong time. And every week, he'd hit me up on the latest COTW winner. I never really paid much attention to it back then to be honest. He'd ask me, "why are all these other cars winning over mine." I was at a loss for words only to the fact that I told him that it was a rather random competition. I told him to start looking way back at some of the first winners, some of the latest, and then all in between. Really found that there was no real definitive way in which one person could guarantee themselves a win.

He stopped modding his car and (no bs) he ends up getting the COTW a few months later.

I think that it's cool in the way that you'll almost never expect it. I creep through builds and if I see something that looks like it's gonna/should be a COTW, I post it. This week I called it, but I've been wrong a few weeks in a row prior.

Now that's a contest that we need to start having....I'd wager a beer a week on that.

Ivan
Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #215
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Thanks Killer! Really appreciate the loyalty and hard work to keep the whips inline!

I was about to make a prereq document for cars wanting to make COTW a while back. You know, something that would help point those wanting to win that award to some sort of scheme or prescription.

Seems like for a while it was cars with Forgestar F14s, then Lambo Doors, then Razzi Kits, then it just kinda went boom in everybodys face and all these randoms started to get it. There was even a couple cars in there with like, no build thread, newbs with double digit posts, cars that had been sold and not even active on the forums anymore....weird.

I like the random part of it, but there was one guy that we'd done a boatload of work for. Had a killer car for a loooooooong time. And every week, he'd hit me up on the latest COTW winner. I never really paid much attention to it back then to be honest. He'd ask me, "why are all these other cars winning over mine." I was at a loss for words only to the fact that I told him that it was a rather random competition. I told him to start looking way back at some of the first winners, some of the latest, and then all in between. Really found that there was no real definitive way in which one person could guarantee themselves a win.

He stopped modding his car and (no bs) he ends up getting the COTW a few months later.

I think that it's cool in the way that you'll almost never expect it. I creep through builds and if I see something that looks like it's gonna/should be a COTW, I post it. This week I called it, but I've been wrong a few weeks in a row prior.

Now that's a contest that we need to start having....I'd wager a beer a week on that.

Ivan
Yeah, it's virtually impossible to predict which one will win it. I have been almost on the money just as you have, but then I'm totally wrong other weeks. What I look for in a COTW is uniqueness, and the willingness to think outside the box. The mods have to flow very nice together seamlessly. If it catches my eye, I know there' a winner. Your car IS a winner, without a doubt a whole in one, goal, etc. I'd like to see it win soon, and I'm sure people are rooting for it. We should have contest to see who thinks they can predict the next COTW, LOL. Beers galore .
Old 08-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #216
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Your car really deserves COTW easily ,I hope you get it soon Ivan.
Pierre
Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #217
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Your car really deserves COTW easily ,I hope you get it soon Ivan.
Pierre
Old 08-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #218
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

For what it's worth....we love y'all for the appreciation man! Mad respect.

Thanks!
Ivan
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #219
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Labor Day Weekend 2012.....

Alright, a little update.

Took the long weekend off from The Grind and decided to do a little backroads trippin with some of my Camaro Club of New Mexico friends.

The goal was to make it up to Golden, Colorado by 2 or 3 in the afternoon to catch up with the Camaro Club of the Rockies for an evening at the Golden SuperCruise.

Heading north on I-25 up to Santa Fe, we broke off and took the old "84/285" to Alamosa, Colorado for a Pit Stop at the Alamosa Early Iron Car Show/Festival. Link to Photobucket Pics Famed as one of Southern Colorado's premier shows, none of us had ever been to it and had only heard rumblings of how good it was from one of our own friends Andre.

Rollin into town was awesome...lotta hometown feel to it and this place accepts ALL hotrodders. No matter what year or make. It was nice.

Spent a couple hours there took a couple hundred pics of the almost 500 cars that were registered and hit the road!

Kept going up through some beautiful country....lotta mountain ranges and flatland for miles....as far as the eye could see. Clear.

Cruised through Buena Vista, Leadville (Elevation 10,200') up to Breckenridge where we caught I-70 East into Golden. This drive between Buena Vista and Breckenridge has got to be one of the most breathtaking drives this side of the Mississippi. Mountains, Twists, Waterfalls, it was awesome. The Clinton Gulch Dam Reservoir has got to be a spot where people make postcards too. Just incredible to see in person.

We hit a spot of rain here and there keeping us from running all out WOT at times, but the roads were inspiring to say the least. I leave it at that.

The three of us pulled into Golden just as the Cruise was kicking off. The town of Golden embraces this even that happens the first Saturday of every month through October. Hundreds if not thousands of folks come out to line the streets with their fold out chairs and coolers. Kids in Radio Flyers, Oldies bumpin', and Camshafts poppin' everywhere....makes you feel like you stepped into another era all together.

(Pics coming soon!)

Stayed till about 9 as it was really giving me a sensory overload of epic proportions. Slept like a rock....

Checked out downtown Denver Sunday, hit the 16th Street mall for the obligatory Cheesecake Factory and 7-11 Slurpee, and then headed home!

Took I-25 straight home with a nice Pit Stop at the Sonic in Raton, NM.

Great time....totally recommend the Alamosa Early Iron Show and Golden SuperCruise if you are ever in the area. Definitely something that your kids will remember forever!

Enjoy and more pics to come!
Ivan
Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #220
TCAT

Man, that sounds like a hell of a time. Seeing good old fashioned fun in towns where everyone loves hot rods and just bitchin cars in general is refreshing. I hope to do something like that road trip some day. Any pics?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #221
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Man, that sounds like a hell of a time. Seeing good old fashioned fun in towns where everyone loves hot rods and just bitchin cars in general is refreshing. I hope to do something like that road trip some day. Any pics?
No doubt man! It was very fresh and cool to see all the old farts talking shop about their 6-71 blowers and shackle lifts out back. Righteous as all hell!

Something is up with Photobucket...I uploaded em all last night and was editing them this AM. Working on it! Journals with no pictures are for the birds man. Gotta get em up! Stay tuned and thanks man!

Ivan
Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #222
TCAT

Hell yeah!! I can't wait!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #223
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Hell yeah!! I can't wait!
As promised....
Alamosa Early Iron Show and Golden Supercruise Pics

Hopefully y'all enjoy those.

Also gonna be changing up the Sizzle a little. Time for a facelift.....

Stay Tuned!
Ivan
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #224
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
I am ready to see what is next for the Sizzle.

Tags
advanced automotive concepts, camaro, lg motorsports, oracle lights, southwest speed