Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #71
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
my wife tells to them to go f them selves every freaking day .they are from the islands somewhere so they really dont understand what we say .but they did call and gave me a price of 4 dollars a month for all 3 of my cars .
Old 05-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #72
antivenom

Drives: Too many to list
I started using XM back in 2004, I liked it. Then one day they started doing stupid crap like one artist stations. Crap, then they did it to my favorite station. Called then and cancelled. They never brought back my favorite station, so when they wanted me to pay for it on the Camaro, I told them that they would have to pay me. I have never heard back from them. Who needs them, I have USB, and bluetooth Pandora. I can play what I want.
antivenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #73
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Reading through all these post, XM seems a bit shady to say the least. Has anyone had a GOOD experience with XM?
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #74
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
u listen to pandora?, i guess your lucky enough to live in 3G land, i dont, so i'll stick with XM. Plent of great stuff to listen to on there IMO, i like Elvis, so i listen to that station alot, and alot of other stuff. Comedy, etc.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #75
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
I have personal not had any issues with customer service. But Satellite Radio is the best. I love the traffic / weather updates, talk radio and the music by Genre (especially the music by decade). They gave me a great deal of $6 per month since I already had 2 Sirius subscriptions.

Hey for a price of a large latte at Starbucks you get music for a month, not bad!
I was actually prepared to pay for a lifetime subscription after my free 3 month trial. I plan to keep my Camaro forever, so a lifetime subscription makes sense for me.

The problem I have is that they treat their customers like dirt. They harass people and go back on their promises. I called them in January when I bought my car. I asked if they would start my free trial in April when I start driving my car. The guy said they'd put a note in my account that he said this was ok. So, I called back in April when I started using my car and they said they had no record of that. They said they'd give me 2 months if I agreed to sign up for 3 years. I said I didn't know if I wanted to sign up until I'd had a free trial. They transferred me to a supervisor who gave me a similar run around.

I just object to them acting like I lied to them. They are so desperate to take our money that they lie to us. It is their terrible customer service and tactics that I object to.

I really wish they were a good company. I'd actually like to try the satellite radio, but now I'll never know.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #76
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
when my XM rain out I started getting calls to renew. .

I told them I lost my job and I am cutting back costs to be able to keep my house.

never heard back from them.

I figured it is pointless to have xm in the car when..1. there is a usb port for a flash drive or mp3 player and 2. I have a smart phone that i can blue tooth stream Pandora or Slaker Radio. . . I don't see the point in having the sat. radio anymore.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #77
Parker70

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS IO int, A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
I have personal not had any issues with customer service. But Satellite Radio is the best. I love the traffic / weather updates, talk radio and the music by Genre (especially the music by decade). They gave me a great deal of $6 per month since I already had 2 Sirius subscriptions.

Hey for a price of a large latte at Starbucks you get music for a month, not bad!

I have always liked it as well and have been an XM subscriber since 2005. However, when I bought my Camaro, I had already renewed my XM subscription and had it transferred to my car. However, when it came time to pay for the Sirius subscription on our Chrysler Town & Country after the free year had run out, Sirius refused to give me the $6 deal. I renewed it anyway, but I won't next year on the Camaro if I don't get some concessions. The Sirius/XM merger was, and is, a monopoly, plain and simple. They promised Congress that programming and prices would improve. Yeah, right! Rant mode off.
Parker70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #78
6DEAN9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
My XM expired and they called to offer me a deal for 6 months. I accepted the offer, but told them to bill me because I did not want to give my credit card number to a person that called me. She agree and said they would send me a bill in the mail, but that it would cost me $2 more each montht they sent me a bill, unless I paid the 6 months in full. What a load of crap.

Over the last week they have called me everyday and since I reconized the number I have not picked it up. But they never leave a message. I assume if it was important they woudl leave a message.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #79
Tee304

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow 2SS
I never look a gift horse in the mouth. I suspended my service on 12/3/09 (because I was storing it for the winter) till 5/3/10 and over the winter went to check on my Camaro in storage and still had XM service. I put my car on the road in March of this year and it still worked. My suspension was over on 5/3/10 and today is 5/10/10. I'll let you guess whether or not I continue to have XM and no charges

And yes, my girlfriend LOVES my car!

#7741 - RY 2SS w/black rally stripes - picked up on 5/28/2009
Tee304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #80
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
The best was I had Sirius and switched to XM when I got the Camaro, I had a 3 month overlap but whatever. Sirius kept calling me trying to get me to renew and I kept telling them I DID already because now I have XM in my new car and they didn't seem to get it until after like 8 phonecalls. If it didn't have Howard Stern on it I would seriously consider dumping it completely.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #81
AGM76

Drives: 1995 z28 - 2000 SS - 08' vette
Similar story here, after my yearly service expired and I decided not to renew, they sent me a bill. When they called saying I owed money I called back and they told me there was for a "grace period" of 2 weeks of service. Told them it states in the terms of service that you have to pay before you get service so I'm not responsible for their grace period. They sent a collections notice, that I discovered is a company owned by XM so it was just a scam to get cash. Sent them a registered letter stating its not my debt and do not contact me again. (if they are bothering you try this its the law). They never report it to the credit agencies because they know its a scam.

I like the programming, Its just a shame GM has anything to do with a company that operates in that way. Never give XM a cc#, have them send you a bill if you do business with them. And make sure they give you a steal if you do. It costs them no more to broadcast to 1 million people than 1.
AGM76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #82
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee304 View Post
I never look a gift horse in the mouth. I suspended my service on 12/3/09 (because I was storing it for the winter) till 5/3/10 and over the winter went to check on my Camaro in storage and still had XM service. I put my car on the road in March of this year and it still worked. My suspension was over on 5/3/10 and today is 5/10/10. I'll let you guess whether or not I continue to have XM and no charges
I have had 2 cars on a 5 month hold for over a year and my service has always worked

When the first one was put on hold (for winter when I lived in MI) and I noticed I still had serviceI called thinking they had screwed the hold up, but they assured me that it was on hold and they were right it has been

So, 3 cars with XM and I pay for 1...But their customer service is so bad I tried to have them fix it and they are just too dense to do it, so I am just witing for them to realize it?

Also, if you check online they still have a car I traded in listed, but it has the 5 month hold and I am not being charged, so I bet that one is still active too. I actually called twice trying to remove it and they are so incompetant they can't sort it all out...
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #83
McBain
The Normandy

Drives: Black 2LT-RS
These stories are worrisome. The part that raised my eyebrows was about the poster who said he gave his phone number to Onstar, and that's how XM was able to harass him. Can someone tell me why the two are connected? Because I'll live without both if I must.
3400-4/28/10
3800-4/29/10
Vin: 2G1FG1EV6A9216192
4/30/10-Shipped by Railroad: rail number ETTX702404
5/11-Delivered to dealership
5/20-The Normandy Arrives!!!!
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #84
DaveT

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM LS3
The fokkers called me again today!!!!
DaveT is offline   Reply With Quote