Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #15
gmg69

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo SS, Summit White
The new wheels >>> by Kompression

After a long wait and MAJOR hassle from D2 Forged (what a joke that was!), I finally got my wheels from my buddy Robert at Kompression Wheels in Oxnard, CA. You want custom service and a promise date for your dream wheels? ....and, If your in So. Cal, call Kompression Wheels. Can't say enough about Roberts service and communication to his customers. Not to mention his quality wheels that he cuts and produces. Over this recent weekend, I took Best In Class for modern muscle cars in Solvang, CA. Thanks Robert for getting my wheels in time! Now, a shipment off to Kentucky with my old Boze Forged mesh wheels...to a new home and new ride. I'll miss them.
Attached Images

gmg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #16
HRC

Drives: 2010 2SS
For youse who have had issues with your D2 wheels..
We currently have pulled our wheels off of our car, and are working with a reputable chrome company to refinish the peeling wheels, as well as finish the inside hoop. We've built an assembly jig with multiple dial indicators to resemble and true them when they're finished.
After examining the chrome that has peeled off, the chrome company has indicated that there were steps in the process that were skipped, and most of the initial copper coating was gone. They said that whoever did the chrome for D2 likely sanded through the first copper coating to achieve the smooth finish as usual, but didn't add more copper plating after sanding through it. It appears that they just chromed right over the bare exposed aluminum spots, which is a guaranteed fail just after their "warranty" expires. They said the original chrome work was very cheap and shoddy. We've also seen it posted on other sites that D2 has since closed its doors, does anyone know anything about this?
The place we're sending our hoops to restores lots of pieces for old Duesenburgs, Mercedes, etc, and has really impressed us so far with their work and experience. We'll wait to post the who's and how much until were done, (if the mods are ok with us mentioning who we find to do the work) and hopefully our positive outlook stays that way. We've spent a fortune already on these things, but getting them done right doesn't seem like it's going to be too painful, but we'll keep those who are interested informed..
HRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #17
cabbe

Drives: 2014 2ss 1le
Looks great! What is the price range on the kompression wheels?
cabbe is offline   Reply With Quote