Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-16-2015, 10:54 PM   #15
ss1letx

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
A few Pics to go with.
Attached Images

ss1letx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:36 PM   #16
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Where do you live could be a lynx or something seems bigger than a house cat made that
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:23 AM   #17
R19

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
This thread is making me puke - cars attracting the wrong pu$$y.
R19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #18
R19

ALL CAPS BECAUSE I'M SUPER __________ SEARCH AROUND ON THE INTERNET AND CAT OWNERS VOUCH FOR THEIR'S, BUT IT IS THEM. CATS LOVE CAMARO'S.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:25 PM   #19
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Maybe a dog chasing a cat racoon? Definitely looks like an animal.
mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #20
ss1letx

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Mine is for sure from a dog. I know the original posters pain. Still have to get the front bumper resprayed next week i have done some to fix the hood and buffer out the scratches on both fenders and passenger door.
ss1letx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:29 PM   #21
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat300z View Post
Maybe a dog chasing a cat racoon? Definitely looks like an animal.
Already had a raccoon in my car...2012. Girlfriend left the window down 4" after we got to our cabin in the mountains in Gatlinburg TN. Came out the next morning...paw prints all over the window, console lid tore to shreds, back seat bottom torn to shreds. Was only a console and rear seat bottom cover...but stood there shaking my head.

Then that same night...same place..we were there with 10 camaros and 18 other people sharing a 10 room cabin..everyone in on this...one friend comes running in screaming that the raccoon was back and was on top of my car...i run out to see a freaking Daniel Boone raccoon cap on my roof...and another friend took my keyfob and put on a raccoon key chain.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:07 PM   #22
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Already had a raccoon in my car...2012. Girlfriend left the window down 4" after we got to our cabin in the mountains in Gatlinburg TN. Came out the next morning...paw prints all over the window, console lid tore to shreds, back seat bottom torn to shreds. Was only a console and rear seat bottom cover...but stood there shaking my head.

Then that same night...same place..we were there with 10 camaros and 18 other people sharing a 10 room cabin..everyone in on this...one friend comes running in screaming that the raccoon was back and was on top of my car...i run out to see a freaking Daniel Boone raccoon cap on my roof...and another friend took my keyfob and put on a raccoon key chain.
something fall on it in the garage? I will say that I've had stone chips in the vinyl on my high wing spoiler, in those cases I am able to fill in those with "liquid tape"
Old 04-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #23
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
No..wasn't in garage. Nothing fell on it that that I saw around my car. Washed and done at 7 pm...closed hood at 830..came out next morning and saw the scratches.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:30 AM   #24
R19

My friend finally saw mine after about a month. I pointed out my cat scratches and he showed me two minor door dings at the apex of the body curve along the passenger side door.

Anyone have a great bodyshop or detailer in LA that could this type of repair? I know of several body shops that can do great work on full on repaint, etc. however I'm not prepared to do full repaint on a car this new. Although I'm not expecting to maintain perfect paint in this hood either.

Paint's a racket for sure - Thanks.

Last edited by R19; 05-06-2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #25
R19

Update: More cat scratches at the front corner in the same vicinity of the front top corner. The hood wrap has withstood the scratches and fortunately there are no cat scratches on the front right quarter panel.

I have a ridiculously low deductible for comprehensive, but most likely going to just pay it. Will be calling LA body shops that shoot good paint and do clear bra because there is no way I'm leaving fresh paint in these trouble areas unguarded.

Anyone know if clear bra is strong enough not to get scratched up by a cat? Thanks.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:06 PM   #26
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
How about animal traps around the car at night?
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:13 PM   #27
R19

This is a huge problem for everyone in the SoCal. Warm enough for cat owners to let cats roam the neighborhood, yet cold at night. In addition, there is a massive population that reside in apartments and condominiums that have garages and other parking arrangements that are easily accessible to cats and other curious animals.

Almost every night I return home, I see at least one cat doing it's thing out and about. If they get a little cold, I'm sure they move to the most cozy looking car that recently had it's engine purring. I figure one of these cats is capable of doing six figures of damage over it's lifetime. I don't understand it though because I just offed a black new Infiniti and it did not get such scratches - same parking garage and parking space.

Pu$$y loves Camaro's.

Last edited by R19; 05-09-2015 at 09:29 PM.