Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
damyo

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT
Post Air Intakes, Exhausts, and Warranties?

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I had a few questions about what would be the best choice to add to my car (2011 LT).

After doing some research and watching dozens of videos, I found that the MRT v2.0 mufflers with a reso delete and a Short Ram sounds better, to me, than most other exhaust systems on a v6. I'm looking for a really deep tone that doesn't sound like I have tin cans in my mufflers.

I was looking at an Injen short ram, but also some cold air. I'm lost on what is going to be the best option and where to buy from. I'm not so much focused on HP/TQ gains as much as sound, but I wouldn't mind a some extra horses. I was also curious as to whether or not to invest in headers mainly for hp gain, such as which kinds are the best and provide the best gains short, long, etc.

Also, would a resonator delete and/or an aftermarket intake flush my warranty?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by damyo; 05-17-2013 at 03:14 AM.
damyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by damyo View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here, but I had a few questions about what would be the best choice to add to my car (2011 LT).

After doing some research and watching dozens of videos, I found that the MRT v2.0 mufflers with a reso delete and a Short Ram sounds better, to me, than most other exhaust systems on a v6. I'm looking for a really deep tone that doesn't sound like I have tin cans in my mufflers.

I was looking at an Injen short ram, but also some cold air. I'm lost on what is going to be the best option and where to buy from. I'm not so much focused on HP/TQ gains as much as sound, but I wouldn't mind a some extra horses. I was also curious as to whether or not to invest in headers mainly for hp gain, such as which kinds are the best and provide the best gains short, long, etc.

Also, would a resonator delete and/or an aftermarket intake flush my warranty?

Thanks in advance!

Resonator delete will not void your warranty except on your exhuast and i believe only from the resonator back at that. intake doesn't void a warranty dealerships just don't like it and they'll give you BS but they have to prove the intake caused any damage and they actually increase the life of the engine so they'll have a hard time proving anything and will try scare tactics with you. Congratz on the camaro and happy modding!

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold air intake, horsepower, mrt v2, resonator delete, warranty