Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #113
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
They do not announce until next week.

That doesn't mean the execs. haven't already decided what it will be.

Remember this price has to stand for a year. The dollar will fluctuate a lot during the upcoming year. Chances are that has already been taken into account and they are covering themselves.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #114
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
They do not announce until next week.

That doesn't mean the execs. haven't already decided what it will be.

Remember this price has to stand for a year. The dollar will fluctuate a lot during the upcoming year. Chances are that has already been taken into account and they are covering themselves.
I've been talking to the execs.....
Old 11-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #115
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Ahhh, OK.

Insider information, I love it.

Tell them not to be greedy bastards on the exchange rate and the Camaro will sell well in Canada.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #116
Hylton

That's why this is the best website for 5th gen information!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #117
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Good to know ..... Be sure to let them know that we are watching the prices of their competition !
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #118
Hylton

I can tell you that they are working very, very hard at pricing out the car for us. Everything is being looked at from the competition to the price of options. They are also looking at what used sports cars sell for and what it costs Canadians to import a car from the US.

I am quite satisfied with the amount of effort they are putting in pricing the car. Not saying that we can expect the car to be really cheap - just saying they are leaving no stone unturned when coming up with the Canadian price.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #119
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
Our dollar is trading @ $0.857 today ( Nov 4 ), and from reports I've read here and there, we should be getting to $0.90 within the month..... I guess it's all speculation, but I like my version better
I only want a good exchange rate to make the Camaro more affordable. We need a lower dollar in order for the Americans to buy anything from us. If we go over par within the next couple months, we're going to be in worse shape than the Americans are. They buy our stuff cause its cheap and good. Simply being good isn't enough.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #120
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I only want a good exchange rate to make the Camaro more affordable. We need a lower dollar in order for the Americans to buy anything from us. If we go over par within the next couple months, we're going to be in worse shape than the Americans are. They buy our stuff cause its cheap and good. Simply being good isn't enough.
Oh, I agree 100% that it would hurt us to go over par, but I don't think we'll see that again.

We do have many resources that make us attractive..... Oil, Water, Lumber, and let's not forget....... Frosty Canadian BEER !!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #121
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
Oh, I agree 100% that it would hurt us to go over par, but I don't think we'll see that again.

We do have many resources that make us attractive..... Oil, Water, Lumber, and let's not forget....... Frosty Canadian BEER !!
^^hell yes buddy^^.... the dealership i was at tried telling me he expects the price to be around 60k, just below the corvette price.... i doubt.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #122
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hylton. Be sure to slip any info you may get or already have lol, just kidding, by the sound of it, im guessing 25995 base, Were almost there, just a week and a bit more, and then we can truely know our orders. MGDs anyone?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:44 AM   #123
SS2 RS

Drives: HHR SS
Quote:
will GM supplier discount be available on this side of the border? Also do you know how many TD Visa points we will be able to use. I`m guessing $2000
SS2 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:53 AM   #124
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
I can tell you that they are working very, very hard at pricing out the car for us. Everything is being looked at from the competition to the price of options. They are also looking at what used sports cars sell for and what it costs Canadians to import a car from the US.

I am quite satisfied with the amount of effort they are putting in pricing the car. Not saying that we can expect the car to be really cheap - just saying they are leaving no stone unturned when coming up with the Canadian price.
This what I've been talking to Chris Hay (marketing manager for Camaro in Canada) about over the last couple of weeks and I can confirm what Hylton is saying.
I believe one of the things under consideration is the fact that Challenger and Mustang both start at around CDN$25K... and GM knows the Camaro is a higher content car.
You can read what you like into that!

FWIW, it looks like there is some info on Canadian pricing for the CTS-V in Canada:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...903#post181903
MSRP is noted as $68,500, (excluding $1420 freight).
This is published in an ad for the CTS-V appearing on the front page of the "Hot Wheels '09" section in yesterday's National Post.

I am pleasantly surprised as this car lists for $59,995 in the U.S. and the Canadian price is basically the difference in the exchange at this point... so no outright gouging by GM Canada.

Hopefully this is a positive sign as to how GM Canada intends to set pricing for the new Camaro in the next little while!!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 11-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #125
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
This what I've been talking to Chris Hay (marketing manager for Camaro in Canada) about over the last couple of weeks and I can confirm what Hylton is saying.
I believe one of the things under consideration is the fact that Challenger and Mustang both start at around CDN$25K... and GM knows the Camaro is a higher content car.
You can read what you like into that!

FWIW, it looks like there is some info on Canadian pricing for the CTS-V in Canada:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...903#post181903
MSRP is noted as $68,500, (excluding $1420 freight).
This is published in an ad for the CTS-V appearing on the front page of the "Hot Wheels '09" section in yesterday's National Post.

I am pleasantly surprised as this car lists for $59,995 in the U.S. and the Canadian price is basically the difference in the exchange at this point... so no outright gouging by GM Canada.

Hopefully this is a positive sign as to how GM Canada intends to set pricing for the new Camaro in the next little while!!

Best regardSS,

Elie
excellent info. thank you. $8.5k difference from US to CAD prices.... thats only a 14.2% difference....so for example, the camaro i ordered comes to 35500 USD, it should be roughly $40500. Nice! just need official CAD prices now
Old 11-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #126
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
if a base SS is 33K the canadian shouldnt hit 40 or i will be pissed. 38K is more how it should be.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote