Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 07-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #43
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
PM sent!
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #44
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Earlier today Victoria told be her inbox is blowing up with Canadian orders and requests! Thanks for the great response. We sincerely appreciate you guys.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #45
redsled

Drives: 2013 ss/1le
"Going over to canada for some french fries and gravy sir"
redsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #46
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsled View Post
"Going over to canada for some french fries and gravy sir"
Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #47
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
I'm not sure if they are only commercial use, but Highlands uses Cross Border Solutions for our brokerage and if they sending party puts attention to them at the border, UPS or whatever courier used, doesn't get to charge the exorbitant brokerage fees. There is a schedule so you know exactly how much each shipment will cost. Just a thought for any and all using Apex and don't want to wait for snail mail.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #48
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkngldbabe View Post
I'm not sure if they are only commercial use, but Highlands uses Cross Border Solutions for our brokerage and if they sending party puts attention to them at the border, UPS or whatever courier used, doesn't get to charge the exorbitant brokerage fees. There is a schedule so you know exactly how much each shipment will cost. Just a thought for any and all using Apex and don't want to wait for snail mail.
Based on their website they appear to be geared towards commercial customers. All of this cross border stuff is pretty new to us but we are willing to explore anything that helps you guys.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #49
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Based on their website they appear to be geared towards commercial customers. All of this cross border stuff is pretty new to us but we are willing to explore anything that helps you guys.
Here is some information that pertains to these types of shipments. Referred to as Low Value Shipments Program (LVS). This program is extended to courier and postal shipments for both commercial (business) and casual goods (personal).

Effective January 8, 2013

"The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced today that Canada and the United States have increased and harmonized the value thresholds for expedited customs clearance to CDN$2,500 and USD$2,500 respectively. This is an increase from the current levels of CDN$1,600 for Canada and USD$2,000 for the United States. In addition, Canada has increased the low-value shipment threshold to CDN$2,500 for exemption from North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Certificate of Origin requirements, aligning it with the current threshold of the U.S."

So as long as the shipment value is less than $2,500 Canadian it can be processed through this program. Remember that means USD x Exchange Rate = Canadian Dollars.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #50
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Here is some information that pertains to these types of shipments. Referred to as Low Value Shipments Program (LVS). This program is extended to courier and postal shipments for both commercial (business) and casual goods (personal).

Effective January 8, 2013

"The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced today that Canada and the United States have increased and harmonized the value thresholds for expedited customs clearance to CDN$2,500 and USD$2,500 respectively. This is an increase from the current levels of CDN$1,600 for Canada and USD$2,000 for the United States. In addition, Canada has increased the low-value shipment threshold to CDN$2,500 for exemption from North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Certificate of Origin requirements, aligning it with the current threshold of the U.S."

So as long as the shipment value is less than $2,500 Canadian it can be processed through this program. Remember that means USD x Exchange Rate = Canadian Dollars.
Interesting. I guess I need to figure out what the hell all that means.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #51
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Interesting. I guess I need to figure out what the hell all that means.
Any layman's terms on this subject? Are we talking about duty charges or ???
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #52
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Sorry guys, let me see if I can confuse you a little more lol.

What this means is that historically shipments that were valued at more than $1,600 Cdn would require a formal B3 accounting package, which had to be processed by a customs broker. That threshold has now been increased to $2,500 Cdn. The LVS program allows the postal service and courier companies to consolidate all of these shipments valued at $2,500 Cdn or less and pay the duty and taxes once a month on one (large) LVS summary document. In most cases, under this program your shipment has already been cleared through customs before it arrives in Canada. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will have already per-determined which packages the want held for inspection.

What it means to you is you can now order 2,500 Cdn in parts and products instead of $1,600 and it can still be handle by Canada Post/USPS via the LVS program. By using the Canada Post/USPS shipping option you will avoid brokerage charges, service charges, taxes on service charges and brokerage charges. However, I believe that Canada Post will still collect the HST on the Canadian value of the goods. I have also seen, in some cases, where Canada Post adds a nominal processing fee, think it was $10, but usually on larger shipments. They have also increased the low-value shipment threshold to $2,500 for exemption from North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Certificate of Origin requirements. So chances are if the goods are shipped from the U.S. they will automatically be given a duty free status unless the shipping documents indicate some other country of origin.

Are you more confused now?

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #53
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Sorry guys, let me see if I can confuse you a little more lol.

What this means is that historically shipments that were valued at more than $1,600 Cdn would require a formal B3 accounting package, which had to be processed by a customs broker. That threshold has now been increased to $2,500 Cdn. The LVS program allows the postal service and courier companies to consolidate all of these shipments valued at $2,500 Cdn or less and pay the duty and taxes once a month on one (large) LVS summary document. In most cases, under this program your shipment has already been cleared through customs before it arrives in Canada. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will have already per-determined which packages the want held for inspection.

What it means to you is you can now order 2,500 Cdn in parts and products instead of $1,600 and it can still be handle by Canada Post/USPS via the LVS program. By using the Canada Post/USPS shipping option you will avoid brokerage charges, service charges, taxes on service charges and brokerage charges. However, I believe that Canada Post will still collect the HST on the Canadian value of the goods. I have also seen, in some cases, where Canada Post adds a nominal processing fee, think it was $10, but usually on larger shipments. They have also increased the low-value shipment threshold to $2,500 for exemption from North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Certificate of Origin requirements. So chances are if the goods are shipped from the U.S. they will automatically be given a duty free status unless the shipping documents indicate some other country of origin.

Are you more confused now?
Actually, I think that helped. I think.

Gotta love government!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #54
Prairieguy

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
CDN orders

Just got off the phone with Victoria to place an order and just wanted to say what a pleasant experience it was. She was very courteous and professional to deal with.

Looking forward to receiving the order.

Jim.
Prairieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #55
Apex Victoria

Drives: Baby Hauler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieguy View Post
Just got off the phone with Victoria to place an order and just wanted to say what a pleasant experience it was. She was very courteous and professional to deal with.

Looking forward to receiving the order.

Jim.
It was great speaking with you. Thank you for your order.
Apex Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #56
Apex Motorsports

Met a few of our Canadian customers at Camaro5Fest this past weekend. Thanks for stopping by and seeing us.

Tags
apex motorsports, international shipping