Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #57
nightmarechevy

Drives: 10 2SS/RS M6
Got my street slayer installed saturday but ran out of time to bleed it before leaving town for a week. Bled it today and took it for a spin around the neighborhood and WOW! This thing blows the Ram clutch out of the water. It is very driveable with absolutely no chatter whatsoever and grips like crazy so far on the mild neighborhood runs. Anyone on the fence on what clutch to get needs to call HE and get this thing ordered!
2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6 - Vararam, VMAX PTB, Solo Mach X, MGW, Street Slayer twin carbon, Tick stainless line and remote bleeder, GTO reservoir, 20" Verde Axis V99, R1 Concepts d/s rotors, CGM heritage grille, Texas Speed 2" long tubes
nightmarechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #58
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
I just fried (supposedly) my Ram clutch at the track Friday night. I have a 418 H/C/I that basically forces me to ride the clutch and make me miserable in traffic. From reading feedback here it seems common sense to get the slayer twin. Knowing my N/A motor puts out less than 750 ft lbs, would the standard street slayer twin suffice, or will I not achieve acceptable driveability without the twin carbon? I need to replace clutch like yesterday so I'm ready to pull the trigger.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #59
camaro-heater
22 years of slammin gears

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmarechevy View Post
Got my street slayer installed saturday but ran out of time to bleed it before leaving town for a week. Bled it today and took it for a spin around the neighborhood and WOW! This thing blows the Ram clutch out of the water. It is very driveable with absolutely no chatter whatsoever and grips like crazy so far on the mild neighborhood runs. Anyone on the fence on what clutch to get needs to call HE and get this thing ordered!
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Tuned by: Boost Performance 550rwhp/538tq.
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
camaro-heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #60
camaro-heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravener View Post
I just fried (supposedly) my Ram clutch at the track Friday night. I have a 418 H/C/I that basically forces me to ride the clutch and make me miserable in traffic. From reading feedback here it seems common sense to get the slayer twin. Knowing my N/A motor puts out less than 750 ft lbs, would the standard street slayer twin suffice, or will I not achieve acceptable driveability without the twin carbon? I need to replace clutch like yesterday so I'm ready to pull the trigger.
I don't know about the rating on the regular twin, but..just my opinion. If your spending that kinda money already, go full carbon for a little more and it should last longer. And if your spending that much more money, better get a SS clutch line and speed bleeder lol (Tick Performance) if you don't already have one. Oh and a new slave... It nickel and dimed me to death with buying everything for a clutch replacement.. BUT it'll be worth it!!
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
Old 07-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #61
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
Just spoke with Thomas at H-E, great guy and he explained why the twin carbon is in fact the most logical route to go. Going to pull the trigger today and try to expedite delivery...my car is a brick right now
Old 07-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #62
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
I had the semi carbon twin and it came apart at the track. The guys at RPS who actually make the Street Slayer clutch told me that if I drag race I should have the twin carbon. Being the gentlemen that they are they sent me a new full carbon twin disc clutch for just the price diff from my old one. Hendrix and RPS are great to deal with!
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #63
camaro-heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravener View Post
Just spoke with Thomas at H-E, great guy and he explained why the twin carbon is in fact the most logical route to go. Going to pull the trigger today and try to expedite delivery...my car is a brick right now
. Yea the only thing bad about it is the shipping time....but worth the wait!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:41 PM   #64
camaro-heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvenicess View Post
I had the semi carbon twin and it came apart at the track. The guys at RPS who actually make the Street Slayer clutch told me that if I drag race I should have the twin carbon. Being the gentlemen that they are they sent me a new full carbon twin disc clutch for just the price diff from my old one. Hendrix and RPS are great to deal with!
Old 09-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #65
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
How's it going for you? We have some Street Slayer the shirts in the works stay in touch
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #66
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
How's it going for you? We have some Street Slayer the shirts in the works stay in touch
Put me in for

3 2xl's
2 large...

Let me know the cost and I'll call you with pmt info...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #67
camaro-heater

Definitely want some t shirts Thomas. Represent!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #68
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Thanks guys, looks like b place doing this went under, great...I'll get us some shirts if it makes me bald.........
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #69
camaro-heater

Sounds like my luck lol. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #70
mstanford.us
Mark Stanford

Drives: Black 2010 SS LS3
I'm just finishing my 2nd season of drag racing on the HE SL carbon twin. I can still get scratch into 3rd. Best clutch around for my $2K.
CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" 3", LG G6X3, Remote tune by Ted Jannetty JRE God of Tuning, ID 8500 injectors, ZL1 Fuel system, BMR, Yellaterra, Lunati Valve train, Street Slayer Carbon Twin. Numbers pending Dyno test.
mstanford.us is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
street slayer, street slayer clutch, twin carbon