Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
All you are going to get are a bunch of biased answers on a question like that.
The truth is you will take a beating trading it now. Hold onto what you have and in a year the 6th gen will be out and it may have a few new colors including a green, possibly like the 2015 Spring edition Green.
Don't let people try to convince you you need any certain type Camaro to be happy, only you can decide that by driving one.
Here is a picture of the 2015 Spring edition.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #30
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Every time I see that spring edition it makes me want to trade mine in for that lol. Beast of a car.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #31
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
liking the hunter green..OP do what makes you happy..your $.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #32
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
Ummm. . . Buh Bye...
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #33
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
You will take a beating on trade in like everyone stated but to everyone saying "you will regret going to the v6 from the v8" no one knows the op and like he stated power isn't important and sound might not be either. If that's the case the v6 makes completely perfect sense the whole "mansion to doublewide" statement is ridiculous imo. The v6 is a much smarter option for some people. Build quality is just as good and the look is just as impressive. If motor or sound doesn't matter than buying an as is just a waste of 10k and premium fuel
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #34
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
You will take a beating on trade in like everyone stated but to everyone saying "you will regret going to the v6 from the v8" no one knows the op and like he stated power isn't important and sound might not be either. If that's the case the v6 makes completely perfect sense the whole "mansion to doublewide" statement is ridiculous imo. The v6 is a much smarter option for some people. Build quality is just as good and the look is just as impressive. If motor or sound doesn't matter than buying an as is just a waste of 10k and premium fuel

I hear ya man but why downgrade from an 8 to a 6 if he already has an 8. It would be different if he was looking for either or but not to step down. So i agree with the mansion to double wide theory. There are really no pluses in doing such a move maybe 3-4 mpgs at best lol.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:25 PM   #35
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Maybe because he wants to....... Not everyone is horsepower hungry or obsessed with having a V8. So maybe in his mind it's not a downgrade. Only he can decide that. Not you or anyone else.

Yes it is a downgrade. No matter how you, me, or anybody look at it its a total downgrade.

Ok last year I was house hunting and to maximaize my buying power I went back to the Ford dealership to lower my payment on my F250 diesel by trading down. I looked at a new 5.0 and a brand new 2013 xlt 4x4 crew cab pick up (considered either). I ended up keeping my diesel but point being this was definitely a downgrade (same concept).
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #36
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Wow!.....it just amazes me when folks in here are always patting a guy on the back because he traded "up" to an SS! but when someone trades an SS for a V6 it is totally taboo......I had a chance to go with an SS and I totally could have done just that, but at risk of going against the grain in here I still chose the V6.......it just works for me.
I'm not a horsepower fiend nor am I a "it's gotta have that rumble" sort of guy, IMO the V6 is the perfect blend with my car, I have other priorities when it comes to this car, just drop the top and crank the eighties tunes and chill out on a nice cruise....I aint got nothing to prove....
Op you should do what is best for you, but make sure you test drive a V6 first and make sure it is what you really want, one good idea I have read in here is to just go and rent one for about a week and drive it on a daily basis, then you can have something to go on when it comes to making your decision, oh! and yes the Synergy Green is totally worth the trade IMO....
Old 10-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #37
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
Wow!.....it just amazes me when folks in here are always patting a guy on the back because he traded "up" to an SS! but when someone trades an SS for a V6 it is totally taboo......I had a chance to go with an SS and I totally could have done just that, but at risk of going against the grain in here I still chose the V6.......it just works for me.
I'm not a horsepower fiend nor am I a "it's gotta have that rumble" sort of guy, IMO the V6 is the perfect blend with my car, I have other priorities when it comes to this car, just drop the top and crank the eighties tunes and chill out on a nice cruise....I aint got nothing to prove....
Op you should do what is best for you, but make sure you test drive a V6 first and make sure it is what you really want, one good idea I have read in here is to just go and rent one for about a week and drive it on a daily basis, then you can have something to go on when it comes to making your decision, oh! and yes the Synergy Green is totally worth the trade IMO....
We knew where this thread was going, if it was indeed someone trolling.

People do things for personal reasons and interests and we really have no right to question them or judge them.

But from a pure financial perspective, the guy is looking at taking a loss on his trade, for an overpriced vehicle, that has a lower residual value. Even if he's doing it for reasons of "fuel economy" (we really don't know his reasons), it's probably going to be a losing proposition for him, or cost recovery is going to take so long that the deal won't be worth it for those purposes. So no, from a pure standpoint of money, it's not worth it.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #38
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian559 View Post
Just vinyl wrap the car.
THIS

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #39
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I love my double wide.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:55 PM   #40
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLmanTN View Post
Just paint your car as stated and do an engine swap to a v6. Shouldn't be too hard.
lmao.....
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #41
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Ok, so it really makes no difference to the original poster. Obviously, the price difference does. So stop giving the op crap about how he/she will miss the V8. That's YOU not the OP! The op knows he/she'll get ripped off if he/she goes through with the deal. And rightly so.

So let's get the op the most reasonable deal or offer, if that's truly what the op wants. So what is he price difference of the two cars? I'm sure you have to take various options into account.

Anything custom is not for anyone buying the car after the fact. So if there was custom work done on it, it is a sinkhole for either the one who got the custom work done on it, or the dealer who is dumb enough to listen to the sob story. Either way the perspective buyer is in the driver's seat, because if he wants the car with the work done to it, then he doesn't have to pay for the custom work. Then the dealer can say well I won't sell it for that much, the buyer then tells the dealer where to put that deal and walks away. See, what you like as custom work I may not. That's just the nature of custom work, and you don't have to pay for it. So if the dealer really wants to get rid of it, because it has been sitting on the lot for a while, it would be in his best interest to 'deal'. Since dealers or aalesmen work on commission then the higher the price the higher the commission. Something is better than nothing.

So 15-20% difference between the v6 and LS3 sound about right? The LS3 is a more desirable v8, so I would think it will go before a v6 would. Unless the LS3 is a 2010, and the v6 is a 2015, I couldn't see the v6 go for more than a v8 no matter what crap was on it. Sound off.
Troy Lawson
Old 10-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #42
fradaj

Drives: RS
I was tempted at buying a Synergy green Camaro. Cool color. Don't understand why they stopped building in that color. I have seen gen 1 Camaros in a similar color. I was really interested in that color at one time. I ended up later on getting Rally Yellow.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote