Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #15
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I do, I understand him being involved would significantly raise the value of the car. What I'm saying is that it's really the only difference between these trans ams and the others that have already been selling since 2010. All of those body pieces have been seen before. I just think it hurts the appeal of the car to still be using the 5th generation Camaro.
I very much agree. Why introduced it as a new car when it's in an old wrapper. Burt putting his name on it wouldn't make me drop all that coin for one. I never like the 77, 78 models as much as 79, 80, 81 anyway. Let see Rocky's T/A on a Gen6. On second thought just let them die. Pontiac has been gone since what 09?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:58 PM   #16
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
So cool!!!
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #17
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I saw these at the car show, one of them was going for 125k$. Sorry, it's cool, but no where near 125k$ cool.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:54 PM   #18
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Burt Reynolds Is Getting an 840-Horsepower Trans Am Bandit

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/burt-rey...130000477.html
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #19
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Meh. I watch and attend auctions and I guess I am just not impressed by this. $115k+ in 2016 for a 2015 car based on a movie that came out in the late 70's that in 20 years won't be remembered is what I see. There is a whole lot more car I could purchase for that price.

Those of us that know this movie and the car significance are being replaced by vaping bearded flannel wearing douche bags who don't know how to change a tire on their fiat. Hell I'd like to see a street poll of people under 30 who know who burt reynolds even is. Unless they are casting him for the next season of the voice most people would have no clue. So to me the ROI on a car like that wouldn't be worth the price of admission. His signature seems to average a hundred bucks so him "being involved" brings nothing to the table unless they are counting on it drawing in non collector baby boomers who would mortgage their lives for a car like this. The rest of the cars will go to the rick hendricks of the world never to be driven until it's sold off on his website as a certified "OMGZ rick hendrick owned this car!!" which will no doubt add $40-50k to the price.

Smart shoppers could some cash and opt for this abortion - OMG hendricks carz FTW!

http://www.hendrickperformance.com/d...-14465869.html

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #20
EWade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Kind of doubt any of these 77 cars will increase greatly over the years. a gussied up Camaro priced higher than a Corvette. Sometimes you can end up with a car that is an investment but as far as newer models, there's just not the investment potential.

The 77 Trans Am that went to auction and garnered 350,000.00 will probably never garner more. A few years back a special 1970 Chevelle LS7 convertible crossed Barret Jackson auction, low miles, only drag raced, and the winning bid was 2,000,000.00. A year later the guy who bought it for that outrageous price takes it through BJA and the winning bid only garnered 200,000.00. Bet the guy selling really enjoyed the 1,800,000.00 loss on the investment he thought he had.....