Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Adam's Product Review

I recently purchased Adams machine polisher kit a few weeks ago because I really needed to take care of some serious problems that my camaro had. I brought home a used 2010 IOM SS 12/31/12 and despite the fact of having to do some DIY wet sanding and touch up paint removal the car was in pretty great condition. Only now being warm I was really able to get a good look at the paint due to the bad weather (rain and snow) we had. After the first wash and ridding all the grime that it collected over the past few months I was really shocked to see all the swirls that this car collected from most likely being at the dealership and being washed improperly and the previous owner not taking as good of care as it could have been.

I wasn't really confident at this whole thing at first since I was a novice at world of machine polishing. I decided to let the wonders of youtube be my guide and watch what was going on because I am more of a visual person and I can obtain info a lot quicker that way rather then reading how to do something lol. The Adams youtube videos were great! They helped me see how to properly use the products that were being shown in each episode and what to expect or what to do in a certain area. What I really liked was how everything was done in real time and there were no edits when doing the before and afters, actually being able to see what was happening on screen made it alot easier to that it really works... for all we know Dylan could have been buffing out a hood for hours when really a few edits seem like a minute or two and we wouldnt know the difference .. just kidding Dylan lol

I decided to go with the ADAM'S COMPLETE MACHINE POLISHING KIT with the upgrade to the porter cable 7424xp. I figured this was a good place to start because it came with all the necessary products that suited my needs.

For anyone wanting to know what the kid includes:

Adam's Porter Cable 7424xp
Adam’s Severe Swirl Remover Polishing Pad 7"
Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad 7"
Adam’s Fine Machine Polishing Pad 7"
Adam’s Machine Super Sealant & Wax Pad 7"
Adam’s Severe Swirl Remover Polish 16 oz.
Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish 16 oz.
Adam’s Fine Machine Polish 16 oz.
Adam’s Machine Super Sealant 16 oz.
Adam’s Detail Spray 16 oz.
Adam’s Detailing Clay Bar 200 Grams
Adam’s All Purpose Cleaner 16 oz.
Adam’s Single Soft Microfiber Towels 2 PK

Link to actual kit:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-735-a...shing-kit.aspx

Ive used a lot of detail products and would have to say that the new formula spray is by far the best one that I have used. It seems to go further a lot more then some other brands that I have used in the past. I feel like other brands that I have used are watered down and when im claying the car it dries up faster and then im re spraying the car in that area more often. Also the clay bar that Adam's gives you is a nice amount. Ive picked up some other small clay kits before that give you spray and a clay bar and are not nearly as much as Adam's gives you. I was able to split the 200gm bar they supply into 2 pieces that are still large and will last longer then using it all at once.

Onto the Porter Cable itself.. I must say its a very easy machine to use, it can be very intimidating at first especially for anyone like myself who is a beginner at machine polishing, but once you start you get the hang of it very quick and almost becomes second nature. Again the youtube videos they have are very informative and show you how much polish to put on the pads, what to look for, what to expect so on and so forth.. again seeing those things were a big plus rather then just reading about it or what to expect from black and white text. The guess work involved in this is really... there is no guess work. Green pad goes with Green polish... Orange pad goes with orange polish... etc, etc..can't be anymore straight forward then that. Once I got the kit I already knew what to do, there was no need to stop and think about...whats next? Very easy concept.

I will say this is something you cannot do all in one day though, its going to take some TLC to really get your paint the way it should be looking. I spent almost a week working on my car a few hours each day trying to get it back to a showroom finish. Is it where I would like the paint to be yet?... no not yet... Can I get it there?... absolutely.. but its going to take some time and as I mentioned before some TLC and maybe some music lol. Anyone who is looking to really bring that sparkle and shine back to their car again whether its a camaro or not can by far achieve it with the Porter Cable.

This is a before shot of the car a little over week ago when I had a chance to wash it for the first time in almost 3 months since its been extremely cold and weather being horrible. You can see the car is covered in swirls. Now on my camaro.. that was all over.. not just in that one spot, cant say I was happy driving a mini ice rink around..

Before:

Now with that being said, using the Porter Cable along with the sever swirl and swirl and haze remover I was able to achieve this effect and knock out 99% of the swirls all over the car.

After:

I mean seriously... my car glows now!

Now im not saying I've removed every fine scratch /blemish/ detail from my car because I haven't. I still have some hair line marks you can clearly see but from where I once started to what I have now.. the difference is day and night without a doubt! Its honestly a completely different car and the depth in the paint is so rich in color now.. its just beautiful..

I highly recommend using these products as well as kit for anyone who wants to correct their cars paint because the proof is in the pudding so to speak. I couldnt be happier with the results I achieved and know that after a little more detailing Ill have this cars paint looking just as good as when it came off the production line..if not better

One thing that amazed me was its been a little over a week and a half since its ive used the porter cable on my camaro and my car sits outside a lot so its prone to the elements constantly. Usually when I wash my I always clay it, Now I can wash it today and a week later wash it again and clay it and ill be picking up contaminants all over and you can clearly hear it too, the dreaded scrapes of the clay bar picking junk up. Today I washed my car and clayed it quick and it barely picked up a thing.. it was smooth as glass from the time i started claying to the time i stopped, probably the quickest ive ever done that before. There was no horrible scraping noise at all its like i almost didnt even need to clay it which amazed me (but i did anyways because i felt like it lol).

Quick photo of the car today after a bath and clay

Certainly have earned my respect and business
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
The car looks great. Can't wait till I can tackle this since I bought everything during the spring sale. But you do know that everytime you clay your car you are striping away all layers of protection from the paint like wax, sealant,etc..
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
Vengeance Graphix

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
The car looks great. Can't wait till I can tackle this since I bought everything during the spring sale. But you do know that everytime you clay your car you are striping away all layers of protection from the paint like wax, sealant,etc..
Yeah im aware of stripping away the wax and sealant, but I also re apply it once im done, i know its not needed to clay all the time but at this point i might as well since i still have some work to be done on the paint still. Once i get it really corrected i can stop doing it so often. Id rather have the car containment free prior to using the PC just so i don't have any junk that can be picked up by the pads leading to more swirls than i want.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
jokerkojack

Drives: 2012
What wax are you using? Or just sealant?
jokerkojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Impressive to say the least. Thanks for sharing!

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
Vengeance Graphix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerkojack View Post
What wax are you using? Or just sealant?
I have the Adam's super sealant and currently just using the Meguries gold class wax which i like. I would like to try the americana though
Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Get the Americana! It's NUTZ!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Get the Americana! It's NUTZ!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
jokerkojack

Drives: 2012
Freddie...I've been working on getting my summit white perfect... Lets share tips next c5g event.. Hooters?
jokerkojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Did you take any after pictures in direct sunlight? It's on the only way to really see the outcome of your work...I see one, but the sun is reflecting off an edge.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
Vengeance Graphix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
Did you take any after pictures in direct sunlight? It's on the only way to really see the outcome of your work...I see one, but the sun is reflecting off an edge.
I know this isnt a close up at all but its direct sunlight. I know for a fact my paint isn't perfect yet. If i look at it in direct sunlight I've gotten rid of my swirls i just have fine hairline scratches to address on the car. Ive done more machine polishing since these photos so its a little better.

This was the best one i have
Old 04-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Looks great, nice work.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #13
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
I know this isnt a close up at all but its direct sunlight. I know for a fact my paint isn't perfect yet. If i look at it in direct sunlight I've gotten rid of my swirls i just have fine hairline scratches to address on the car. Ive done more machine polishing since these photos so its a little better.

This was the best one i have
NICE! Looks awesome!
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #14
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Fantastic job, thanks for the kind words!

Welcome to the world of machine polishing. You'll like it here.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote